v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

avoiding negative conditions - evasion vs resistances

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Re: avoiding negative conditions - evasion vs resistances

Post by Pyrizzle »

Spark wrote:
Pyrizzle wrote:Another thing to keep in mind about evasion is that it doesn't have an effect on NPCs attacking you once you are already in combat
Yes, but with evasion you can restart combat multiple times. This theoretically is very powerful. Unfortunately, lack of control doesn't let to implement this power in game.
So now my character enjoys oh his invisible theoretical powers. :mrgreen:

By the way are there not moving monsters in game?
Ummm there are lots of moving NPCs in the game. Pretty much all of them move actually (except for a few that are put on choke points along pathways). Have you visited Lodar yet? ;)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spark
android_version: 4.3

Re: avoiding negative conditions - evasion vs resistances

Post by Spark »

Ummm there are lots of moving NPCs in the game. Pretty much all of them move actually (except for a few that are put on choke points along pathways).

Those are my favorite :mrgreen:
Have you visited Lodar yet? ;)
Not yet. I'm currently in Iqhuan caves. I found that approaching from diagonal square helps a lot. Predicting of monster move also should be taken in account. Diagonal striking from the corner works nice.

I'm not sure this build survive if monsters begin to move diagonal. :mrgreen:
Do developers have plans for this?
Image lvl: 34, HP: 79, AC: 231%, AD: 19-27, AP: 2/12, BC: 22%, Move Cost 4
Equipment: QsD, JoF, Villian's ring2, Villian's armor, HPG, Coward's boots, Fine green hat, Wooden defender
Skills: IF2, Ev3, Re1, CS2