[S] Skill: Resistance to Crits (for player)

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Re: Skill: Resistance to Crits (for player)

Post by Antison »

I don't feel having immunity is overpowering or makes the game that much easier.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Wyrmspawn
android_version: 3.0

Post by Wyrmspawn »

Is someone hijacking tek's account? In the past hour he's changed his picture and supported an overpowered skill :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, imagine it this way: With 14 Damage Resistance, most mobs wouldn't be much of a threat to you. Except for those with with criticals that can hit into the 20s, and those who can inflict actor conditions on you.

If we decide to allow the critical resistance skill to go all the way, all the player would have to do would be to get 14 DR, the crit. resistance skill, and a couple of levels in the condition resist stuff to become invulnerable to all damage. The only mobs that can hit the player would be the maonit brutes and trolls, inflicting about -4hp per turn. Hardly life-threatening. So, maybe make level 2 super hard to get, and only increase it to 75% chance?
Hey guys, I'm back.
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

Wyrmspawn wrote:Is someone hijacking tek's account? In the past hour he's changed his picture and supported an overpowered skill :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: LOL :lol:
Wyrmspawn wrote: Well, imagine it this way: With 14 Damage Resistance, most mobs wouldn't be much of a threat to you. Except for those with with criticals that can hit into the 20s, and those who can inflict actor conditions on you.
In the next update another 2 DR can be obtained by a player (won't tell you how) leaving them at 16 Damage resistance.
Wyrmspawn wrote:If we decide to allow the critical resistance skill to go all the way, all the player would have to do would be to get 14 DR, the crit. resistance skill, and a couple of levels in the condition resist stuff to become invulnerable to all damage. The only mobs that can hit the player would be the maonit brutes and trolls, inflicting about -4hp per turn. Hardly life-threatening. So, maybe make level 2 super hard to get, and only increase it to 75% chance?
I didn't think of that. I'm second guessing using DR for a prereq for this skill to make it tougher to reach that kind of build (the amount of skill points to have Crit Resistance and a high DR would be quite high). If we changed the reqs to not include Bark Skin; for a player to get all the skills to prevent almost all damage, crits, and status effects would take a lot of gameplay (and at that point they deserve to be in GOD MODE)

I think these stats would be best if a second level was allowed (i don't think it should be)
Level 1 = 50% chance target NPCs Critical Multiplier is reduced to 1
Level 2 = 75% chance target NPCs Critical Multiplier is reduced to 1
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

Lol this is powerfull skill. Ho about something like this
-lvl 1, decreaced multiplier by 0,5 preguisities player level 15
-lvl 2, decreace multiplyer by 1,0 precuisities player level 30
- etc
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
Wyrmspawn
android_version: 3.0

Post by Wyrmspawn »

It isn't the high level skill some of us might like, but seems good enough. But how do you code it into the game? Will it inflict a condition on the mob, or will it be coded in another way?
Hey guys, I'm back.
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

For the record, I never said I was in favor of this skill. I simply stated an opinion.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
nether
android_version: 3.1 - Honeycomb

Post by nether »

My opinion.

Critical hits, unless they are buffed on future mobs, don't really do too much to affect the player at the moment. As long as you have HP over about 70 as the game stands, you'll never be killed by a critical (unless your getting 2v1'd perhaps) and it's always easy to recover from them as they do not happen often.

Adding all these prerequisites that boost your defense also makes taking this skill a lot more undesirable to me at least, because where I stand on my character currently, (LV41) I rarely get hit by the monsters in this game that do any significant critical damage, nor have I ever been killed by a critical. I either kill them too fast, or my block chance or DR makes them miss most of the time.

So, critical resistance, eh. And like tek said, what's the point in wasting skill points on it unless we can have all of it.
Pyrizzle
VIP

Post by Pyrizzle »

nether wrote:Adding all these prerequisites that boost your defense also makes taking this skill a lot more undesirable to me at least, because where I stand on my character currently, (LV41) I rarely get hit by the monsters in this game that do any significant critical damage, nor have I ever been killed by a critical. I either kill them too fast, or my block chance or DR makes them miss most of the time.
Kinda like how rejuvination is kinda pointless since you already have a high resistance to status effects?

Or how crits can cause status effects, but most of the time the NPC is already dead by the time the status would have any effect (Fracture and Internal Bleeding).

Or Taunt, which doesn't seem to have much of an effect at all (I'm thinking the %s might need to be ajusted to make it more effective/helpful)

Concussion: (no opinion right now, haven't had time to experiment with it yet)

I guess I'm gonna wait it out and go for the new skills that will be out in the next update.
:mrgreen:

nether
android_version: 3.1 - Honeycomb

Post by nether »

Pyrizzle wrote:
nether wrote:Adding all these prerequisites that boost your defense also makes taking this skill a lot more undesirable to me at least, because where I stand on my character currently, (LV41) I rarely get hit by the monsters in this game that do any significant critical damage, nor have I ever been killed by a critical. I either kill them too fast, or my block chance or DR makes them miss most of the time.
Kinda like how rejuvination is kinda pointless since you already have a high resistance to status effects?

Or how crits can cause status effects, but most of the time the NPC is already dead by the time the status would have any effect (Fracture and Internal Bleeding).

Or Taunt, which doesn't seem to have much of an effect at all (I'm thinking the %s might need to be ajusted to make it more effective/helpful)

Concussion: (no opinion right now, haven't had time to experiment with it yet)

I guess I'm gonna wait it out and go for the new skills that will be out in the next update.
:mrgreen:
With concussion's, what is it again; 10-15% chance to proc, it already looks pretty lackluster to me.
Pyrizzle
VIP

Post by Pyrizzle »

nether wrote: With concussion's, what is it again; 10-15% chance to proc, it already looks pretty lackluster to me.
Concussion:

When making an attack o a target whose block chance (BC) is at least 50% lower than your Attack chance (AC), there is a 15% chance that the hit will cause a concussion on the target. A concussion will severely lower the target's offensive combat abilities, making the target less able to land successful attacks.

Requirments:
Combat skill lvl 2
Weapon Accuracy lvl 3
Hard Hit lvl 5

If you could manage to get both Consussion and Taunt it seems like it would be an absolute killer combo, but the level you would reach to be able to do that would be very high.