v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Hunters Guild?

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
SuFiC8
android_version: 1.6 - Donut

Hunters Guild?

Post by SuFiC8 »

I took some advice and went ahead and edited this post so you can get an idea of what we've come up with so far, without sifting through all the pages in this thread ( ty taledus and nether lol)
anyway, I hope this helps a little... I can add more as we go from here :)

The Hunters Guild

Introducing the idea

Mara, after hearing from Odair that you have cleaned out the old supply cave, informs you that Odair wants to talk to you about some hunters guild. Once you have talked to Odair, he gives you the task of seeking out the snake master, an initiation to see if you have what the guild is looking for, thus starting the quest's/guild. This would help tying in the none quest related bosses and you could even receive an additional reward ...

Problems to address
* to players who already know the locations of the bosses or already defeated them, it wouldn't seem like much of a hunt.
* would we be able to defeat the bosses without joining, or would the various bosses give you some dialogue ( so you are unable to engage them) until you trigger the quest?
* how would this effect old files where you have already beat them?
* are you allowed to kill the monsters before you have the quest

Solutions
* new maps and bosses would make it feel like a hunt since you only get a hint of its location.
* kill them at any time but it is remembered; get rewarded when you join.
* champion of every monster type, then you could gain quest's to hunt them one by one. Example (rat champion, bug champion, rabid dog champion ect)
* speech options for the bosses. Example ( " the pack leader begins to growl viciously in you direction as he eyes you down from a distance. Perhaps this is a battle for another day."
* Pyrizzle's solution : set it up so that you can kill them in any order but you can't turn them in before the other task is finished.
SuFiC8 wrote:I think Im following you... Kill them with or without guild but only get a quest reward if you are a member? If I unquote="Pyrizzderstand correctly ,that would solve any issues with old files where we have already defeated them...
Close (i think), let me see if i can lay out a good example here:

I liked SuFiC8's start:
SuFiC8 wrote: Mara ,after hearing from Odair that you have cleaned up the old supply cave would be a nice way to introduce you to the Hunters Guild.. After thanking you, Mara informs you that Odair wanted to talk to you about some hunters guild... Once you talk to Odair, he gives you the task of seeking the snake master... an initiation to see if your what the guild is looking for... and thus it begins...
After you talk with Odair again and he sends you after the Snake Master you come back to him and then he would give you the next (Pack Leader) and so on down the list

Lets say for this example that in total there will be 5 NPCs total to kill for these quests (i'd say lets aim for 10 total)

1) Snake Master
2) Pack Leader
3) River Troll (the bridge)
4) Keknazar (Crossroads guardhouse basement)
5) ????? (Random monster hidden somewhere in the world)

After finishing the last quest you would return to Odair and he would give some sort of awesome reward for all your troubles (like maybe a skillpoint or two)

---------------------------------------------------------------If a player kills a target for this before they have finished the last one:

-Starts the quest, kills snake master, comes back and gets next quest; kill Pack Leader

1) Snake Master (first)
2) Pack Leader
3) River Troll
4) Keknazar
5) ?????

-So the player kills Pack leader, collects reward, and next quest to kill the Troll

1) Snake Master (first, collected)
2) Pack Leader (second, collected)
3) River Troll
4) Keknazar
5) ?????

Buuuuuut while wondering around you find Keknazar and slay him. What would happen?

3) River Troll
4) Keknazar (third, quest not started)
5) ?????

You continue on as normal, Find and kill the River Troll, go back and collect your next quest ( you have already killed him)

3) River Troll (killed forth, collected)
4) Keknazar (third, not collected)
5) ?????

Odis: Thank you so much for killing Pack leader, his wolves have been terrorizing so much land that even the flocks of sheep near crossglen sometimes seem to have one go missing. [You get a prize] Will you please (insert players name) now go and kill Keknazar the moster of the deep see has somehow managed to get into the basement of the Crossglen thru the underwater rivers where we fetch our water. Will you please go take care of him and come back to me when your done?

Options for response:
1) Odis, I have in fact already slayed this monster.
2) Ha! That puny thing, I sliced that thing in two with my blade!

Odis: Oh you killed Keknazar. Thank you so much... bla bla bla (some story about a monder somewhere that needs to be killed.)

Then quest continues on.

1) Snake Master (first, c
3) River Troll (killed forth, collected)
4) Keknazar (third, collected)
5) ?????

So this way you can still kill them in any order but you can't turn one in until the one before it has been finished.

:mrgreen: -Pyro

Ideas

* Along your travels after you join, you could meet other guild members hidden in the world ( appearing as though they were on a hunt) that would give you information on the matter ( thus enhancing the idea of being in a guild in
search of rare game)
* Odair could provide quest's for main bosses, quest master could provide quest for random enemies.
* The quest's could come from someone you have to befriend within the hunters guild -if you make them mad through dialogues; then you won't get to do the questing parts.
* maybe the hunt could be more challenging if the quest providers changed and became increasingly harder to find until at the end, you only get a name and not a location.

Ideas for rewards upon completion

* new skill/skills (???)
* new legendary item ( Legendary blade of the hunter ( stats???)
* new hide out for storing your treasures?
* have " hunter" type gear rewarded to you throughout the guild quest's leading up to a more powerful piece upon completion.
* maybe an option of gear with offensive/ defense stats so players can choose.
Last edited by SuFiC8 on Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:57 am, edited 12 times in total.
^SuFiC8^
LvL-100 :evil:
ExP-18,083,212
RoLS-0 GoLF-1
ElyR-1 ShaF-1
RoL-0 SRoV-2
ChaR-3 VSH-0
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Re: Hunters Guild?

Post by Pyrizzle »

I like this idea! It could be a great way to tie in the bosses at the end of dungeons and caves that have nothing to do with quests or gameplay.

For example:
Snake Master (Snake Cave)
Pack Leader (Wolf Cave)
Maelveon (Gargoyle Cave)
Iqhan Chaos Enslaver (Iqhan Cave)
Keknazar (Crossroads Guardhouse basement level)

And many more!

Great Suggestion! :mrgreen:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

+1 nice ideas here
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
sdevaney
Site Admin
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by sdevaney »

I like the overall concept especially when thinking about tying together those boss mobs. The idea needs to be fleshed out some more but definitely a good start.
SuFiC8

Post by SuFiC8 »

Tying in the non quest bosses would be great! And I agree the idea has some work yet... I was thinking ,Mara ,after hearing from Odair that you have cleaned up the old supply cave would be a nice way to introduce you to the Hunters Guild.. After thanking you, Mara informs you that Odair wanted to talk to you about some hunters guild... Once you talk to Odair, he gives you the task of seeking the snake master... an initiation to see if your what the guild is looking for... and thus it begins... Of course I'm not good @ writing or making games :( but the idea is out there for anyone to play with if it may be something that could be implemented :)
^SuFiC8^
ExP-18,083,212
RoLS-0 GoLF-1
ElyR-1 ShaF-1
RoL-0 SRoV-2
ChaR-3 VSH-0
nether
android_version: 3.1 - Honeycomb

Post by nether »

SuFiC8 wrote:Tying in the non quest bosses would be great! And I agree the idea has some work yet... I was thinking ,Mara ,after hearing from Odair that you have cleaned up the old supply cave would be a nice way to introduce you to the Hunters Guild.. After thanking you, Mara informs you that Odair wanted to talk to you about some hunters guild... Once you talk to Odair, he gives you the task of seeking the snake master... an initiation to see if your what the guild is looking for... and thus it begins... Of course I'm not good @ writing or making games :( but the idea is out there for anyone to play with if it may be something that could be implemented :)

I will mess around with this when I get the time. If you have more ideas, you can PM me or just post them here again :)
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

SuFiC8 wrote:Tying in the non quest bosses would be great! And I agree the idea has some work yet... I was thinking ,Mara ,after hearing from Odair that you have cleaned up the old supply cave would be a nice way to introduce you to the Hunters Guild.. After thanking you, Mara informs you that Odair wanted to talk to you about some hunters guild... Once you talk to Odair, he gives you the task of seeking the snake master... an initiation to see if your what the guild is looking for... and thus it begins... Of course I'm not good @ writing or making games :( but the idea is out there for anyone to play with if it may be something that could be implemented :)
Love what i am reading here! Great ideas! This one has my full support! Run with it!

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

Taledus
android_version: 4.0

Post by Taledus »

Are there going to be guilds in the game?

If so, just thinking ahead, they should definitely tie into the main story, or the main areas of the game somehow. This would allow for further quests and development to be thought up for the guilds.

Generally I like the idea, but when I hear guilds I think multiplayer...they should have some sort of importance to the game, or be built up to something grand...or something ;)

Edit: organizing has my mind fried...already guilds in the game... :mrgreen:
SuFiC8

Post by SuFiC8 »

The game (as far as I know) will remain a single player game... When I think about it though, the Hunters Guild could tie in a lot of the game,as it will take you all over the world, open new quests, meet new people, even learn more of andors where abouts... anything is possible :D it's mainly for fun though... for grinders, those of us who enjoy collecting treasures and the thrill of the hunt...
^SuFiC8^
ExP-18,083,212
RoLS-0 GoLF-1
ElyR-1 ShaF-1
RoL-0 SRoV-2
ChaR-3 VSH-0
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

How about if there are a champion of every moster type and you gain quest to hunt them all one by one. First rat champion, bug champion, rapid dog champion, etc.
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1