v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Alpha version of v0.6.12 available

Discussions of the development process of the game.
Taledus
android_version: 4.0

Re: Alpha version of v0.6.12 available

Post by Taledus »

phydeaux wrote:Possibly a problem with ics... I can't get mine to do the same, but I'm still on gingerbread...
While I am on a tablet, I am running ICS 4.0.3

I have not seen this problem and have been all over the AT-Verse, have opened/closed maps, quickly scrolled into oblivion - I was trying to make it purposefully mess up with something but could not reproduce anything similar.
Alpha0mega
android_version: 3.1 - Honeycomb

Post by Alpha0mega »

New save game slot did re create the issue, and I'm running gingerbread so its not just ics.
Taledus

Post by Taledus »

Alpha0mega wrote:New save game slot did re create the issue, and I'm running gingerbread so its not just ics.
Try this just for prosperity of the situation:

Backup all save game stuff.

Uninstall Andor's trail.

Go into system with file explorer, delete any left over Andor's Trail folders.

Reinstall with a fresh copy of the update.

-Do not yet reinstall backups, just start a few new save games.

See if issue can be repeated this way, then repost results.
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

Taledus wrote:
Sarumar wrote: ... nope :( ... after unistal and reinstal process i just try to start new game and saved in unused slot.. When I left in Crossglen IT IS BACK... see the pick below (one screen east in crossglen)

I noticed something. When unistalling game the andors trail folder (savegames and maps) stays in memory. So with this new hame just started i have acces to maps around Remgard too. I try next unistal game and manually remove andors trail folder and then start new game.
Did uninstalling everything and removing the remaining content help?
Does you Combat bar glide too quickly, or does it blink on/off too fast?
After unistalling game (and manually deleted andors trail save game & map folder).I reistalled 0.6.12 alph and start new game, everything working well no problem at all... but... next i add i try to add some older savegames ( 0.6.11 and 0.6.12 a) in savegame folder... when i play any of this older savegames this problem instantly shows up and corrupt the new game folder as well .....

About that gliding...I geind the route of Remgard hurdles about in 8 min with prox 500 kill.... those gliding thing seem like blinling....

Anyway I love new shop system and 4 AP in barehanded combat thing, it ruins some of my build... but i thing it is right move to do...

Im back on grinding on 0.6.11... i just hope that i can :)
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
Taledus

Post by Taledus »

Alright, going to list clarifications:

Sarumar: Samsung Galaxy 3 / Android OS - 4.0.4
AlphaOmega: Samsung Galaxy S Blaze / Android OS - Gingerbread

Installed v.0.6.12 over v.0.6.11

Spiratic jumbled maps issues on new and old save game files.

After uninstalling AT, then reinstalling AT, deleting all AT data still left on device, maps work good with new save games.

Then, reloading previous saves will reproduce graphical errors, on old and new save slots.

Does that about sum it up? This should probably go to the issue tracker.
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

Taledus wrote:Alright, going to list clarifications:

Sarumar: Samsung Galaxy 3 / Android OS - 4.0.4
AlphaOmega: Samsung Galaxy S Blaze / Android OS - Gingerbread

Installed v.0.6.12 over v.0.6.11

After uninstalling AT, then reinstalling AT, deleting all AT data still left on device, maps work good with new save games.

Then, reloading previous saves will reproduce graphical errors, on old and new save slots.

Does that about sum it up? This should probably go to the issue tracker.
..and non rooted phone...
That is the cace, Thank for this summary (my skill of english is limited)... Im now back on grinding in v. 0.6.11... let me know if i can help on this problem !
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
Taledus

Post by Taledus »

I have added this to the issue tracker for review. Thanks guys for the reports.

Does anyone else have these issues on any other devices?
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

HTC Sensation z710e. Android 4.1.1 (MIUI build 2.9.14 @ 3.0.42-TAMCORE-00726 Kernel)

Did exactly the same thing as Sarumar.
Sarumar wrote:Installed v.0.6.12 over v.0.6.11

Really nasty bug :(
Last edited by Hardy on Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Samuel
VIP
android_version: 2.2

Post by Samuel »

Some notes:
1) It would be great to have a dropdown on the worldmap to select different map "sections". (currently only the active "section" is shown - for example Prim, I cannot look at the map of Crossglen and surroundings when I am in Prim.)
2) We should consider links between map "sections".
3) IMO map "sections" should be as big as possible. For example the maps between Prim and Blackwater should be on one "section".
4) As others stated it would be a good idea to implement Fog of war right now. To hide map areas I didn't visit yet.
5) Is this the revision used for the alpha? I want to check if the conversation fixes need to be fixed in German too.

BTW: No graphic problems here.
Level: 101, XP: 18780586, Gold: 358739
HP: 398, AC: 303%, AD: 84-95, AP: 4, ECC: 12, CM: -, BC: 13%, DR: 0
RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 2, VSH: 1, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

I am running 4.0.4 OS on my Galaxy S3.

I originally installed v0.6.12 as an update to v0.6.11 and continued previously saved games and I've not had any of the map issues the Sarumar has encountered.
I just created a new game and still have not seen any or those map issues.
I uninstalled and installed v0.6.12 clean and still have been unable to reproduce Sarumar's experience.

--------------------------------------------
What I did notice when I started a new game is all the maps that I was able to "form" from my 2nd build was available to the new build. I then loaded build 1 and the same thing. I loaded build 3 and it to shares the map formed from build 2.
I was really surprised by this as this is the first time I have seen save files "share data".
"A home without a beagle is just a house"