Elytharan Shield and Helmet

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Re: Elytharan Shield and Helmet

Post by Pyrizzle »

Meirerion wrote:
Pyrizzle wrote:Tisk tisk, may Elythara have pitty on your lost souls and bring light into your life once again.
You're too kind with them.

BURN 'EM ALL
I would but it's so hard to get that burnt flesh smell out of a loin cloth. :lol:

Great ideas you guys have here, I can't wait to see what comes next.

(Unrelated) Here is the Legendary item i was thinking of: (1: 10,000 chance drop)

Tower Sheild of Elytharan's Might
BC: +20%
DR: 3
Raises move cost by 1AP
Raises Max AP by 2AP
Elytharan Regeneration: +1HP every round
*(maybe make it so if you have the ROLS equipped neither item will give you regeneration)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mino
VIP
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by Mino »

Pyrizzle wrote:
Meirerion wrote:
Pyrizzle wrote:Tisk tisk, may Elythara have pitty on your lost souls and bring light into your life once again.
You're too kind with them.

BURN 'EM ALL
I would but it's so hard to get that burnt flesh smell out of a loin cloth. :lol:

Great ideas you guys have here, I can't wait to see what comes next.

(Unrelated) Here is the Legendary item i was thinking of: (1: 10,000 chance drop)

Tower Sheild of Elytharan's Might
BC: +20%
DR: 3
Raises move cost by 1AP
Raises Max AP by 2AP
Elytharan Regeneration: +1HP every round
*(maybe make it so if you have the ROLS equipped neither item will give you regeneration)
That move cost increase is going to make it difficult to move this out of the storage bin for actual use...what if the raised move cost was canceled out if equipped with ElyR?

To make it truly Legendary, how about if its also the only shield to increase AC? Nothing big, just +5%, similar to the ElyR's +5% BC (the only weapon to increase BC before the fencing blade showed up).
Lvl: 206 XP: 159262572, Gold: 1657119, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 2, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 6, SRoV: 1, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 241, AP: 3, AC: 562%, AD: 116-130, CM: 3.0, ECC: 38%, BC: 139%, DR: 3

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18
Meirerion
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by Meirerion »

Mino wrote: That move cost increase is going to make it difficult to move this out of the storage bin for actual use...what if the raised move cost was canceled out if equipped with ElyR?

To make it truly Legendary, how about if its also the only shield to increase AC? Nothing big, just +5%, similar to the ElyR's +5% BC (the only weapon to increase BC before the fencing blade showed up).
As the shield adds 2 AP and raises the movement cost of 1AP the only flaw (and I don't consider it as a flaw) is that it'll only raise your AP of 1 while moving.

I like the idea of the shield raising AC, maybe you can explain it as it reflects light and thus confuses the opponent (no actor condition).
~May Elythara's wisdom light your path
Pyrizzle
VIP

Post by Pyrizzle »

Mino wrote:That move cost increase is going to make it difficult to move this out of the storage bin for actual use...what if the raised move cost was canceled out if equipped with ElyR?

The +1 to Move cost is because it is a tower shield and tower shields are usually very bulky and heavy. They are designed that they be planted into the ground for extra support while in combat. You could always use another equipment to cancel out the +1 move cost, like the Villain's Leather Armour.

I feel like the +2 to max AP is already too much of a bonus, because with this shield, Combat speed lvl 2, and the JOF the players Max AP would be 14 and the attack cost is lowered by 1 by the JOF.

On raising AC: I say that with the DR 3 (this would make this the items with the highest DR in game) on this shield it is already powerful enough and doesn't need to have an AC bonus, plus tower shields are not made for attacking, they are for defending.

Once again just my 2 cents. =)

Happy hunting everyone!

Mino
VIP
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by Mino »

oh, I misunderstood, I thought the attack cost would also go up, but if that isn't affected please carry on :D
Lvl: 206 XP: 159262572, Gold: 1657119, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 2, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 6, SRoV: 1, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 241, AP: 3, AC: 562%, AD: 116-130, CM: 3.0, ECC: 38%, BC: 139%, DR: 3

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

I agree with Pyrizzle 100%
+1
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
slayer
android_version: 4.0

Post by slayer »

Pyrizzle wrote:I feel like the +2 to max AP is already too much of a bonus, because with this shield, Combat speed lvl 2, and the JOF the players Max AP would be 14 and the attack cost is lowered by 1 by the JOF.
What if it only gave the +2 AP bonus if you equip it along with the ElyR? Then with CS lvl 2 and the JOF you could attack 4 times per round with the ElyR, which would go a long way towards making the sword a more attractive weapon.
slayer

Lvl: 152, XP: 64525939, Gold: 2095292, HP: 219
AC: 400%, AD: 52-68, AP: 12/4, BC 254%, DR: 3
CS: 2 QL: 22 IF: 2 REGEN: 1 MF :8 FS:DW: 2 S:DW: 1 OHSP: 1 LAP: 1

RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 2, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 5, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 2
Pyrizzle
VIP

Post by Pyrizzle »

slayer wrote:
Pyrizzle wrote:I feel like the +2 to max AP is already too much of a bonus, because with this shield, Combat speed lvl 2, and the JOF the players Max AP would be 14 and the attack cost is lowered by 1 by the JOF.
What if it only gave the +2 AP bonus if you equip it along with the ElyR? Then with CS lvl 2 and the JOF you could attack 4 times per round with the ElyR, which would go a long way towards making the sword a more attractive weapon.
I overlooked this at first when thinking of this Shield but Tek pointed it out.

The Elyr is a 2 handed sword. Maybe make the Elyr and shield a combo set (since the shield basically holds itself up) where both can be equipped at once.

hmmmmm.... tower shields are made to be planted into the ground, which would free up one hand.