Is there something about the game you **DO** like?

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Re: Is there something about the game you **DO** like?

Post by Antison »

Pyrizzle wrote:Too many things to list all at once:

These are my top 5:
The Forum Community
Replay Value
Taking Ideas and thoughts from players and using them for development
The Choices (good, bad, or chaotic)
It's still in development! (anything can change still)
+1, +1, +1, +1, +1
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
mepuri
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by mepuri »

hi everyone....a new comer here :D

well, i don't know what to list since i love all of them :lol: AT is the only game that can keep me play it although I've been installed then uninstalled then installed and uninstalled again and again :lol:

i love the grinding part
i love the quests choices and the mystery of what will happen later with all the choices i made so far
i love the cute little wolves
i love my flagstone pride's sword (yeah i know there are more powerful things out there, but i still love it :lol:)
i love the forum since i usually lurking here, finding more info before making choices :lol:
Lvl: 44, XP: 1584547, Gold: 65776, RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 0, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 0, SRoV: 0, VSH: 0
HP: 78, AC: 231%, AD: 32-33, AP: 3, ECC: 31%, CM: 3, BC: 50%, DR: 0
Duke
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Duke »

There is so much to like....the forum is fantastic....I love the character development thru quests and experience, the gear choices are awesome and I really like switching up gear to see the different combos. I like that the skill points all seem worthy, but you only get them every 4 levels and you need to spend them wisely.
Lvl78 XP9403007 Gold 248643 AP3 HP139 AC350 AD42-59 BC97 DR1
SP:D MC3 BC CS2 QL4 IF MF EB DW2
Rols1Rol2Elyr1Char1Golf1Shaf0Srov1Vsh1
Ozzy
lvl:47 HP114 AC254 AD27-37 BC112
SP:WA HH CS(2) CL CE IF(2) Reg
Rols1Rol0ElyR0Char2Shaf1Golf1Srov1Vsh1
Argon of Peristalsis
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by Argon of Peristalsis »

Things I like that others haven't mentioned yet:

• No encumbrance limits.
• Fun graphics. The player character is pot-bellied kid with no shirt. The antithesis of Link.
• Challenging equipment choices. Much of the newly acquired equipment is less of an upgrade than a tradeoff. You have to try out stuff and see what suits your build and playing style. Equipment earned early on doesn't necessarily become obsolete as you advance.
• Turn-based combat, but real-time movement.
• A good mix of quests. Some are simple, some are complex. Some don't have happy endings, like when you have to tell a mother that her son is dead.
• Mysteries. So I poured a vial over the Kazaul shrine and cooled it. What does it mean? Maybe nothing; maybe a lot, but I'll find out later.
Actually, I don't fight any more. I let the gods handle it. They love fighting. I get them to fight each other and leave us in peace. It's bad enough when humans start trouble.
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

Argon of Peristalsis wrote:Things I like that others haven't mentioned yet:

• No encumbrance limits.
• Fun graphics. The player character is pot-bellied kid with no shirt. The antithesis of Link.
• Challenging equipment choices. Much of the newly acquired equipment is less of an upgrade than a tradeoff. You have to try out stuff and see what suits your build and playing style. Equipment earned early on doesn't necessarily become obsolete as you advance.
• Turn-based combat, but real-time movement.
• A good mix of quests. Some are simple, some are complex. Some don't have happy endings, like when you have to tell a mother that her son is dead.
• Mysteries. So I poured a vial over the Kazaul shrine and cooled it. What does it mean? Maybe nothing; maybe a lot, but I'll find out later.
+1 :lol: i just forgot to mention some of those....
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
Meirerion

Post by Meirerion »

To be honest it's been a long time I haven't played AT as all I have left is grinding and grinding and again grinding which bores me to death.
What I do like in this game is the replay value as most of you stated it, the quests "finally REAL quests, not "go kill (x) creatures" or "the goblin lord stole my broom, get it back for me."
The other thing I love about this game is you can develop it yourself. This whole world is opened for your imagination and you just have to write it and the world will change (in some way).

Oh, and the community :)
Last edited by Pyrizzle on Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: please no cursing or dodging the word filter, thank you
~May Elythara's wisdom light your path
Tristan
android_version: 8.1 - Oreo

Post by Tristan »

The snowman beside the cabin on BWM.
Lvl: 408, XP: 1242518785, Gold: 10041116
RoLS: 9, ElyR: 14, RoL: 9, HoF: 9, YN: 8
ChaR: 80, GoLF: 75, ShaF: 80, SRoV: 73, VSH: 84, WMC: 74, GoW: 77, BD: 74, HS: 75, WoB: 78
HP: 5641, AC: 583, AD: 248-267, AP: 4, BC: 521
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

Tristan wrote:The snowman beside the cabin on BWM.
=) I also enjoy visiting the snowmen on BWM. They are much friendlier than the other creatures you can find up there. :lol:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Piggy the Slayer

Post by Piggy the Slayer »

Weapons and armour are getting much more interesting. Could be improved by showing inflicted conditions. Really like how hard the game can be at the start. And this forum and the good people involved. Probably a lot more things. Such an enduring game.
Level:145 AC: 428% BC:170% DR:4 AD:78-90 AP:12 HP:750 BSS.
devientz

Post by devientz »

Well I think I speak for everyone on here when I say theres lots of things I like about this game. For me, personally, the three main things I enjoy about these types of games are:

1: Storyline
2: Character development
3: Equipment variety & rare/extraordinary/boss pieces

Obviously if theres no storyline, theres no game. This game does a good job of keeping you engaged in the story line while letting you do what you want through side quests and all that. I also noticed in the last update there was a sort of "fame" aspect added where certain npcs wouldnt deal withyou unless you accomplished enough. Love that.

I think the main thing that makes this game great is the skill system. The fact that the skills are actually useful and relatively rare keeps you anticipating getting that next point.

The other thing I love about these games, and what this game also does well, is when you find a new dungeon, or boss and theres that feeling of wondering what special powerful items you can get from beating it. This is pretty much the main draw in mmorpgs and getting that same feeling without having to deal with a bunch of 12 year olds and a monthly fee is a plus in my book

Also a lot of other stuff is good but those are my main reasons for playing.