v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Mini-Games

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
PK17
android_version: 4.0

Mini-Games

Post by PK17 »

We have quests, mini-quests, L/E grinding, item grinding, xp grinding, and a few other tings to do.

But, there is nothing to do in the world of Andor and his family that is just for fun. (Non-fighting wise). After all you are just a kid looking for his brother. When you can't find the next lead, stop and play a game.

There could be multiple mini-games. (Someone had an idea for gambling, but ehhh Idk)

-You are competing with other kids to see who can collect the most (corn/wheat/whatever) from a farm plot during an allotted amount of time. (When npc's have smarter movement)

-You are given the chance to conquer a maze. There can be a ladder out in the middle, along with a chest that can contain some random items (from a pre-decided assortment)

-You are given the chance to go through a dark tunnel. (It would probably have to be chosen randomly from 3 or 4 tunnels, to make remembering them harder.

The point of these mini-games/puzzles should be for the challenge. They should not provide a large amount of xp, nor give out anything but small rewards. (Maybe have a chance of a random "good" reward.)

I would have gone deeper into this but I broke some fingers yesterday (I seem do do it a lot 8-) ) so I was trying to keep it short.
Take a stop by my game thread for some forum fun!!!

http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4577
Duke
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Re: Mini-Games

Post by Duke »

whoa, wait a minute....you broke "fingers", as in more than one? How did ya do that?
Lvl78 XP9403007 Gold 248643 AP3 HP139 AC350 AD42-59 BC97 DR1
SP:D MC3 BC CS2 QL4 IF MF EB DW2
Rols1Rol2Elyr1Char1Golf1Shaf0Srov1Vsh1
Ozzy
lvl:47 HP114 AC254 AD27-37 BC112
SP:WA HH CS(2) CL CE IF(2) Reg
Rols1Rol0ElyR0Char2Shaf1Golf1Srov1Vsh1
Meirerion
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by Meirerion »

Duke wrote:whoa, wait a minute....you broke "fingers", as in more than one? How did ya do that?
Try to write a quest for AT. You'll see :twisted:

Imho the background of being a child vanishes quite soon. I don't think a child would be able to run trough minotaurs, kill huge snakes or even kill a Demonic Overlord of the Doom (that one in Flagstone).

Still I like your idea. I'm not able to grind tirelessly so some distractions (adding some random events, a fairy teleports you to some crazy place and you have to finish a maze to exit (gaining some xp at the end).

Maybe repetitive tasks such as a merchant who needs some rare plants which can be found in remote places. Once you picked it up you have to find the next one. Once you picked them all up and gained the xp and money reward you can start again picking them up (an hour respawn time).
~May Elythara's wisdom light your path
Fire7051
android_version: 3.0

Post by Fire7051 »

Meirerion wrote: Maybe repetitive tasks such as a merchant who needs some rare plants which can be found in remote places. Once you picked it up you have to find the next one. Once you picked them all up and gained the xp and money reward you can start again picking them up (an hour respawn time).
I hate fetch quests. Even in AT there are not any real fetch quests that don't have a reason or a gain to be had from doing it. I am up for the random events, however, I am not sure how that would be added to the game and be able to be randomized properly. If done properly I am totally in. I just question how much would it add to the game vs. the amount of work that would have to be done to complete it.
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime.
Give a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
PK17

Post by PK17 »

I did not mean for the mini-games to be random events. Just events you can go to and participate in. Just so that it is something to do to pass the time.

Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

:? ... please ... no minigames in AT... im currently forced to play skylander.... :(

+1 to random events like 1/100 chance; like when you meet another drunk... there is a chance that you found yourself in middle of bar brawl...
Last edited by Sarumar on Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
Fire7051
android_version: 3.0

Post by Fire7051 »

PK17 wrote:I did not mean for the mini-games to be random events. Just events you can go to and participate in. Just so that it is something to do to pass the time.
Mini games like you have suggested would be a cool after production addition, but considering that the developers would have to take time away from finishing the game to add these in, I wouldn't think that it would be high on the priority list. I do like the idea, I am just thinking about where it would fit into the entire project as a whole.

A race minigame would be really cool since forum members have already competed in runs from one place to another.
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime.
Give a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Mino
VIP
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by Mino »

Fire7051 wrote:
PK17 wrote:I did not mean for the mini-games to be random events. Just events you can go to and participate in. Just so that it is something to do to pass the time.
Mini games like you have suggested would be a cool after production addition, but considering that the developers would have to take time away from finishing the game to add these in, I wouldn't think that it would be high on the priority list. I do like the idea, I am just thinking about where it would fit into the entire project as a whole.

A race minigame would be really cool since forum members have already competed in runs from one place to another.
I agree that some of these sound fun, but should not take away from dev time on the main game. How about achievements? That way, its not as much to add in, just to make use of what the game already tracks. And a lot of the ideas can be taken from Sarumar's decathlon challenge (how fast can you go from Remgard to BWM and back, how much XP can you gain from one fight, how many conditions can you get yourself afflicted with, etc).
Lvl: 206 XP: 159262572, Gold: 1657119, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 2, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 6, SRoV: 1, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 241, AP: 3, AC: 562%, AD: 116-130, CM: 3.0, ECC: 38%, BC: 139%, DR: 3

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18
PK17

Post by PK17 »

Again, my intentions were not for this to be in .70 or .80, or even 1.0. Just wanted to start a healthy discussion on whether or not this would fit in, and if so how.

Take away from dev time to make mini-games. Pffft. You must be crazy.

Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

"I'm mad, you're mad, we're all mad here" Said the cat
"How do you know I am mad?" replied Alice
"Because you wouldn't of come here if you weren't" said the cat

@_@

Interesting idea to add mini games to the game but i gotta agree with the masses on this one, doing this would take away from precious time needed to develop the game further. I don't know about you but i am starting to get a lil sick and tired of Andor's antics. :lol:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------