scream pain and fire quest

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.

should the sword of shadow fire be a 1h or 2h weapon?

1h weapon
50%
2h weapon
50%

Total votes: 8

Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Re: scream pain and fire quest

Post by Pyrizzle »

~Work in Progress~ [Updated with newly added dialog]

Color Guide:
Red = new content
Blue = flavor text (just tells of location or what you just did)
normal text = Added before
Strike = removed text
[Bold] = an action or reward
Pyrizzle wrote: -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Our hero (aka you) comes across a small encampment were you find an old man among the encampment who asks for your help."

Stephen: Please young boy help us!
Hero:
*What do you need help with old man?
*Whatever old man. (ends conversation, can be restarted)
Stephen: My name is Stephen, I am the leader of the survivors from Ash.
Stephen: One day we were betrayed by the Feygard guards sent to defend our villages.
Hero:
*What? The Feygard guards would never do such a thing. You're lying old man! (ends conversation, can be restarted)
* Stephen can you tell me what happened to Ash?
* I don't care what happened to your city just get on with what you need help with.
Stephen:*Closes his eyes and tries to remember* It was early morning. The town's lamps that lit our streets were starting to go out. All of a sudden I heard a loud scream and then saw one of the farmers run by on fire.
Hero:
*Please go on
*I've herd enough good bye (ends conversation to be restarted)
Stephen: As Some of the villagers tried to help the poor man by pouring water on him, the farmer screamed louder and the fire burned even stronger as though the water was feeding the flames.
Hero:
* But what caused the fire?
* This seems like it will go one forever can we speed things up?
Stephen: I decided to go to where the farmer lived to tell his family what had happened, but when I got there I saw these... These... these demons burning down his farm. His family was no where to be found. I fear that they too were burned alive.
Hero:
* Oh my God please go on.
* Ok are we almost done yet?
Stephen: I ran back to our village and rang the alarm to alert the guards but they never showed up. The demons came and destroyed our town. Our warriors tried to fend off the demons but they were all wiped out, they were all burned to ashes.
Stephen: Our village is overrun by monsters that burn everything they touch.
Stephen: We here are the only ones that got away alive. We fear that if they are not stopped that they will spread and eventually destroy everything.
Hero:
*Okay old man, I will help you destroy this evil.
*No way old man your story is full of lies and I should report you to the Feygard guards and see what they have to say. (ends conversation to be restarted)
Stephen: oh good, but before you go destroy this evil you must first find the Cartographer.
Stephen: The Cartographer had been mapping the areas around the mountains for years and would certainly know where these demons come from.
Stephen: last I heard he went to Stoutford to get away from everything.
Hero:
*Ok, I will go to Stoutford and seek the Cartographer.
*This sounds like something you should deal with on your own (End conversation, can be restarted)
*Alright but there better be some kind of reward in the end.

[Quest log started: Entry #1] ((<------ NEW! ))

"After talking to Stephen of Ash. He sends you to find the Cartographer and believes he's in Stoutford."

You travel to Stoutford to find the map maker.(placement will be determined by Tom if he wishes)

Cartographer:*looking scared* who are you? What do you want?
Hero:
* I'm looking for a Cartographer from Ash. Are you him?
* I forget why I am here. (ends conversation to be restarted)
Cartographer: Yes I am the Cartographer. Did Ash survived? Can I go back now? That's why you came right? To tell me I can go home?
Hero:
* Well no I'm sorry to say that the city of Ash has been destroyed. All that's left is a small encampment.
* I'm sorry but the city of Ash is now just a pile of ashes.
Cartographer:* crying* Why? Why did those monsters destroy our town?
Hero:
* I don't know but I will find out. That's why I need the map, do you have it?
* I don't know and don't care. Do you have the map I need?
Cartographer: Well that's the problem. All my map making supplies were destroyed in ash. If you are able to get the supplies I need, I can make you the map you seek.
Hero:
* Ok, what supplies do you need?
* I don't need the map that bad (ends conversation to be restarted)
* This better be worth it.
Cartographer: In order to make the map I require 5 Arulir skin, 10 dead spiders, a Griffin feather, and a gall from an Oaken.
Hero:
* Where can I find a Griffin?
Cartographer: I haven't seen a Griffin in years. Last I herd they live up in high places.
Hero
* Where can I find an Oaken?
Cartographer: The Oakens live in the forest south of here. Please be careful, the Oakens have been known to take out their enemies even after being stricken down. The splinters they shoot out are quite poisonous to humans.
Hero:
* What was it I needed again?
* Where can I find an oaken?
* I will be right back with the supplies you need. (ends conversation, if you return he asks "Have you found my supplies yet?" then gives you the options listed above again)

[Quest log Entry: #2] ((<------ NEW! ))

"After retrieving the items to make the map you return to the Cartographer."

Cartographer: Did you find my supplies yet?
Hero:
* No not yet. (ends conversation to be restarted)
* Yes, here they are.
* Where can I find the oakens?
Cartographer: Thank you! These will work perfectly.
[You gain 75xp ]
Cartographer: While you were gone I found the map u wanted. It was in my pocket this whole time. Funny right?
Hero:
* So I did all that for nothing?
* Very funny.
Cartographer: In return for your help, if you ever need a map I'll make you one free of charge.

(map maker can make maps to unknown treasure caves)
[You receive the map]

[Quest Log entry #3] ((<------ NEW! ))

"After fighting your way past the dark fire monsters you see their leader standing next to the Feygard commander."

Jezebeth: Awww... so your the one who has been interrupting my plans...
Hero:
* What's going on here?
* Yeah I'm the one that's messing up your plans! Why are you just standing there commander?
* Why is a Feygard commander here?
Jezebeth: The commander is my puppet.
Jezebeth: I bribed him into believing that he will receive riches beyond his wildest dreams if he were to have his troops leave the village of Ash.
Hero:
*but why?
*Why would you do such an awful thing?
Jezebeth : Just for the fun of it... I love hearing you pathetic humans scream in pain and burned by my fire muahahahah!
Commander: I did what you asked NOW WHERE'S MY GOLD!?!?!?!
Jezebeth: You are of no use to me anymore.
Commander: *Becomes consumed by dark fire and screams in agony and is then killed*
Jezebeth: Hahaha yes that is the scream I love.
Jezebeth: Now it's your turn to feel the burn muahahahaha!!!!!
Hero:
*For the shadow you will die!
*Just shut up and die already!
*Please don't hurt me!!!
[Enter Fight with Jezebeth ]

[Quest Log Entry #4] ((<------ NEW! ))

"After destroying the dark fire demon Jezebeth and receiving the wing of the demon you leave the cave,"

Stephen: Did you kill them?
Hero:
* Yes I slayed their leader Jezebeth, and here's proof.
* No not yet (ends conversation, can be restarted)
* Can you tell me your story again? (old man retells the story)
Stephen: What's this? ... This can't be... Yes it is! Its the wing from Jezebeth !!!
Stephen: *Over joyed* You did it! You actually did it!!!
Stephen: Oh thank you! Thank you very much! How can we ever repay you?

[ you receive 1000 XP and 500 gold]
[Final Quest Log Entry #5]
((<------ NEW! ))

Stephen: Oh please young hero; please allow me to give you a blessing of the shadow.
Hero:
*Sure
*Ill pass thank you. (ends conversation. Is restarted from Stephen's last sentence "oh please young hero")
[You receive: Blessing of the Shadow]
Stephen: Thank you again hero.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------Suggestions-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Name Generator <------ Need help coming up with names?

-Changes Log----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Added Quest Log Points
#1:
#2:
#3:
#4:
#5:

Changed Old Man to Stephen
Changed Map Maker to Cartographer

Text: Added Text to Stephen that explains why you need the cartographer's help.

sorrow wrote:
Pyrizzle wrote: Sky wyrm: I ran back to our village and rang the alert to the guards of trouble but they never showed up. The demons came and destroyed our town. Our warriors tried to fend off these demons but they were all wiped out. They too were burned to ashes.
Change so it reads: Sky wyrm: I ran back to our village and ring the alarm to alert the guards of trouble but they never showed up. The demons came and destroyed our town. Our warriors tried to fend off these demons but they were no match for them. They too were burned to ashes.
" I ran back to our village and rang the alert to the guards but they never showed up. The demons came and destroyed our town. Our warriors tried to fend off the demons but they were all wiped out, they were all burned to ashes. " (altered a bit, what do you think?)

Ring needs to be rang because it happened in the past.

Unless you changed it to: I ran back to our village to ring the alert but the guards never showed up.

Quest Log: (Very basic summery of what each section covers, needs to be reworded of course)
#1: Met old man, agreed to help save village of Ash but you must find Cartographer
#2: Found Cartographer, must retrieve map making supplies
#3: Turned in Map making supplies, can now go hunt down demons
#4: Destroyed Demon leader, bring wing back to Stephen as proof
#5: You have returned with proof and saved the village of Ash, Stephen offers a reward for your troubles.

;)
Last edited by Pyrizzle on Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Working on Text still... -Pyro
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sorrow
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by sorrow »

I think you need to add the alarm to rang the alert the guards but the never showed up. As it is now what did Stephen ring to alert the gurads? That quest is what hits me. Other then that I love it. Are you doing the code for this part? Also if you McCann please remove the (place will be determined by Tom if he wishes) he's placing the cartographer
Last edited by sorrow on Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sorrow
Lvl:80 XP:9214038 Gold:1mil Hp:243 AC:301 Ad:28-49 Ch:21 Cm:2.0 Ecc:15 BC:148 Dr:3

skills:
WA:2. HH:2. CS:2. TH:2 QL:2 IF:2 REG:2 MF:5 DBS:1 2HSP:1 LAP:2 HAP:1 SREG:1
L/E
CHAR:1 ROLS:1 ELYR:1 GOLF:1 SHAF: 1
Pyrizzle
VIP

Post by Pyrizzle »

sorrow wrote:I think you need to add the alarm to rang the alert the guards but the never showed up. As it is now what did Stephen ring to alert the gurads? That quest is what hits me. Other then that I love it. Are you doing the code for this part?
Like this?

" I ran back to our village and rang the alarm to the guards but they never showed up. The demons came and destroyed our town. Our warriors tried to fend off the demons but they were all wiped out, they were all burned to ashes. "

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Coding? Nope, sorry that is not one of my skills here. I am a story writer not a programer. (wish i could but i have no clue how to myself)

I did try to make the text as easy to transfer as possible and cleaned it up the text (grammar, spelling, punctuation, etc) as much as i can.

Next: Looks like we need text for the quest logs.

I started a slight summery for each part for you. It needs to be reworded still. ((Lets try to keep quest log entries as small as possible))

sorrow

Post by sorrow »

Like this.

" I ran back to our village and rang the alarm to alert the guards but they never showed up. The demons came and destroyed our town.

Ok no problem I can do it. Once I figure it all out haha.

Sorrow
Lvl:80 XP:9214038 Gold:1mil Hp:243 AC:301 Ad:28-49 Ch:21 Cm:2.0 Ecc:15 BC:148 Dr:3

skills:
L/E
Pyrizzle
VIP

Post by Pyrizzle »

sorrow wrote:Like this.

" I ran back to our village and rang the alarm to alert the guards but they never showed up. The demons came and destroyed our town.

Ok no problem I can do it. Once I figure it all out haha.

Ok i gotcha now! Changed it on my last big post with dialog.

This quest is looking quite good! Looks like we are starting to get close to the end.

sorrow

Post by sorrow »

It would seem that way bro.

Sorrow

skills:
L/E
Pyrizzle
VIP

Post by Pyrizzle »

EVERYONE:
Please if there are any spelling errors or sentences that do not sound right please let us know.

Looks like we are close to the end, having a fresh set of eyes would be a big help.

Sorrow: nice work bud. We are almost there!!

sorrow

Post by sorrow »

Quest log:
#1. Met an old man name Stephen. He tells me a storybof his village and how it was destroyed. Asked for my help. Sends me to find cartographer.

#2a. Found cartographer in stoutford. Says his house was burned in away and has no supplies to make the map. Asks for me to get supplies.

#2b. Retrieve supplies for map maker. Received the map to demon cave.

#3. Found entrance to deamon cave. Fought my way to there leader.

#4. Defeated the leader and received the wing of the demon. Returned to Stephen

#5. Gave wing of the demon to Stephen. Received the blessing of the shadow. End quest.

Sorrow

skills:
L/E
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

The last huge post by pyro that contains the complete dialogue contained a couple of typos that I couldn't find (didn't put much effort to find again) again to indicate to you guys where they are.

I cannot believe this topic is up to 17 pages long already
Last edited by Antison on Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
sorrow

Post by sorrow »

I know right Antson. To read back on page one with the base of this quest to look at of now. Amazing..just amazing

Furthermore I just wrote the code for quest log. Let me know if I did it right.

Code: Select all

[
  {
    "id": "Scream Pain and Fire",
    "name": "Scream Pain and Fire",
    "showInLog": 1,
    "stages": [
      {
        "progress": 1,
        "logText": "Met an old man by the name of Stephen. He tells me a story about his village,Ash, and how it was destroyed. He asks for my help and sends me to find the cartographer. Tells me to look in Stoutford."
      },
      {
        "progress": 2,
        "logText": "Found cartographer in Stoutford. His house being in Ash was destroyed and will not be able to great the map I need. He asks me to retrieve the supplies needed to make a map."
      },
      {
        "progress": 3,
        "logText": "Retrieve items map maker needed to make the map. Received the map to the cave.",
        "rewardExperience": 75
      },
      {
        "progress": 4,
        "logText": "Found the cave and entered. Fought these demons and found there leader."
      },
      {
        "progress": 6,
        "logText": "Had a conversation with the demon leader. He killed the corrupted commander of the Faygard guards from Ash."
      },
      {
        "progress": 7,
        "logText": "Killed Jezebeth leader of the demons and received the wing of the demon."
      },
      {
        "progress": 8,
        "logText": "Returned to Stephen and gave him the wing of the demon. He thanked me",
        "rewardExperience": 1000,
        "finishesQuest": 1
      }
    ]
  }
] 

Sorrow

skills:
L/E