v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Best quests for a mid-20s-level character

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
carceris-magister
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Best quests for a mid-20s-level character

Post by carceris-magister »

I have a level-24 character that's currently deep in the green maze, spending most of its time hiding in corners to regenerate. I'm pretty sure it's not capable of going much further past ...
the snake/breeder area
... so I'm just hanging around a bit longer until I level up to 25 and fill in more tiles on my map, then will let the character get killed and sent back to the Foaming Flask. After that, what quests and sidetrips are more-suitable for a character of my level? I'll mention some of the ones I've already finished, but please list or hint at all the ones you think are idea for a 20-something-level character, so that this thread is useful to others as well. Here are some of the ones I've finished (I've forgotten a lot, and don't have my tablet with me to check):
All the BWM-/Prim-area quests. The basic Charwood quest (but not the second one with the mine). The amulet quest near Charwood. The Gargoyle cave. Finding the fugitives west of the Crossroads tower. Loneford (surprised how much experience I got for that). The giant wasps. Lots of other, less-complex quests. I've also explored the far side of the river all the way down to the network of bridges far to the east, where the map currently ends.
Suggestions are very welcome. Please don't tell me that the 20-levels are just for grinding. :D

CM
sorrow
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Re: Best quests for a mid-20s-level character

Post by sorrow »

Go play in the iqhan cave for a bit Lvl up and try ur hand at getting to remgard

Sorrow
Lvl:80 XP:9214038 Gold:1mil Hp:243 AC:301 Ad:28-49 Ch:21 Cm:2.0 Ecc:15 BC:148 Dr:3

skills:
WA:2. HH:2. CS:2. TH:2 QL:2 IF:2 REG:2 MF:5 DBS:1 2HSP:1 LAP:2 HAP:1 SREG:1
L/E
CHAR:1 ROLS:1 ELYR:1 GOLF:1 SHAF: 1
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

The Iqhan Caves just north of Loneford would be a good spot for you as well as the cave to the east of Loneford.

Just be sure to bring a big pile of potions with you.

Happy hunting.

Ps: level 1 through 1,0000 are for grinding. ;)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
carceris-magister

Pyrizzle wrote:The Iqhan Caves just north of Loneford would be a good spot for you as well as the cave to the east of Loneford.
Thanks! I fought my way through cave to the east, but realised that I probably should have initiated a quest of some kind first ...
The Radiant Guardian just turned his back on me and won't fight. I assume I have to talk to someone else first.
CM
Tomcat
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Post by Tomcat »

There is another person within the cave you must talk with, more than once.
Norbert
Lvl:52 XP:2597576 AP:12 HP:124 AC:282 AD:30-42 CHS:27 CM:2.0 ECC:18% BC:132 DR:2
Skills: CS:2 IF:2 Ev:3 Rg:1 DgPro:1 1HPro:2 LtAPro:2 FS-DW:2 Sp-DW:1
Equip: FP BSS JoF RoP PRoB SrpHbk GoLF EnhCH EnhCB
Other: DotSP VD GoW FB TG RoD+6 Oegyth:6
carceris-magister

Tomcat wrote:
Thanks, Tomcat. I'm glad I don't have to go all the way back to the surface.

CM
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

carceris-magister wrote:
Tomcat wrote:
Thanks, Tomcat. I'm glad I don't have to go all the way back to the surface.

CM
Later on in the quest you will need to head above the surface, but you will know when that is needed. Good luck!!! Hope your brought lots of potions just in case!

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

carceris-magister

Rotworms are finally gone, and the Iqhan caves were pretty simple for a level 28 character. Now, where's this "Remgard" people keep mentioning?
fiernaq
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by fiernaq »

Head generally due east from the Iquan caves. Richard Faila made an incredibly awesome map you can follow if you want to, otherwise just keep going east. Map of Remgard (scroll to bottom of page to view worldmap or just click on the red bordered areas at the edge of each map square to move to the next map).
Level: 58, HP: 102, AC: 295%, AD: 46-56, AP: 2/12, BC: 35%, DR: 4
Gold: 75235 | RoLS: 0 RoL: 0 SRoV: 0 VSH: 0
Skills: IF1, Ev1, Ev2, Ev3, CE1, CS1, CS2, Re1, WA1, HH1, Cl1, HH2, DaggerPro1, LightArmorPro1, ShieldPro1, WA2, Cl2
Equipment: Enhanced Combat Helmet, Serpent's Hauberk, Marrowtaint, Quickstrike Dagger, Remgard Shield, Villain's Ring, Villain's Ring, Leather Gloves Of Attack, Enhanced Combat Boots
Last Updated: 02-Dec-2013
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

carceris-magister wrote:
Rotworms are finally gone, and the Iqhan caves were pretty simple for a level 28 character. Now, where's this "Remgard" people keep mentioning?
Ahh... my friend you are already found the road to Remgard... just keep on movin southeast untilt you found the bug cave. Move thought the cave and follow the path (start where you found irdegh poison gland)

good hunting
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1