how to start a new character

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
missypearls
android_version: 4.2

how to start a new character

Post by missypearls »

hi I wanted to start a new character and when I did I got s warning I would lose my current character, so how do I do it without losing my main character?
Lvl:83, XP: 10389405, Gold: 281686, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 1,
GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW:1, HP: 294, AC: 344%, AD: 45_58, AP: 2, ECC:27% ,
CM: 3.0, BC: 96%, DR: 6
Shadow regeneration, collected all l&e items
Mezgad
android_version: 1.6 - Donut

Re: how to start a new character

Post by Mezgad »

Are sure it said u loose your charackter and not just the unsaved progress?

I (and others out there) created multiple chars and it was no problem (at least for me in V0.7.0) just make sure you won't overwrite your savegames and you should be fine.

It would help if you post the Errormessage here I guess (maybe a translation error or sth).
If you want sonething you never had, you should do something you never did.
fiernaq
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by fiernaq »

There is one folder that AT uses to store all save games. If you create a new char you could wind up saving a game in Slot 1 that would overwrite the existing one which would cause you to lose your first char (unless you had more than 1 save file with the first char on it). The point of that warning message is to make sure you're aware of this. You do have a couple of options, though.

1) Archive old character
To do this, simply find the save game files (for me it's /andors-trail where / is just the base folder) and copy or move them to any other folder. Since you don't have an SD card on the nexus you could just create a folder called AT-Backups or something like that and even create a sub-folder for each character. Note that if you do archive the character you won't have access to her unless you copy at least one of the save files back over to the main save location.

2) Overwrite old character
You can also just ignore the warning message. Save your new character right on top of the old save games and it'll overwrite them and once you've overwritten all save games you'll no longer have your old character. You could also use a file explorer and just delete all of the save games and basically start from scratch.

Personally, I just archive old characters because I don't need to play them ever again but I know some people (probably Antison) that keep several builds on them and the way they do that is to just know which save files belong to which characters. Unfortunately, I don't know of a way to keep them separated in-game but you can always just decide that saves 1-5 will be for char 1 and saves 6-10 will be for char 2 or if you have a primary char you play most of the time and only need the other ones occasionally then you could do saves 1-9 are for char 1 and save 10 is for char 2 or whatever. Regardless, the answer to your question is simply that the character resides on the save files so in order to not lose the character just make sure you backup the save files.
Level: 58, HP: 102, AC: 295%, AD: 46-56, AP: 2/12, BC: 35%, DR: 4
Gold: 75235 | RoLS: 0 RoL: 0 SRoV: 0 VSH: 0
Skills: IF1, Ev1, Ev2, Ev3, CE1, CS1, CS2, Re1, WA1, HH1, Cl1, HH2, DaggerPro1, LightArmorPro1, ShieldPro1, WA2, Cl2
Equipment: Enhanced Combat Helmet, Serpent's Hauberk, Marrowtaint, Quickstrike Dagger, Remgard Shield, Villain's Ring, Villain's Ring, Leather Gloves Of Attack, Enhanced Combat Boots
Last Updated: 02-Dec-2013
missypearls
android_version: 4.2

Post by missypearls »

Thank you fiernaq. I have my main up to date character saved on slot five and six. So if the new character only save's in slot 1 my main chat should be safe in 5 and 6.

Sorry about double post I forgot the title the first time and got a warning so I put a title and submitted again and it posted twice.

===========================================================================
Mez that was what the warning said I just wanted to be sure first.
Last edited by Pyrizzle on Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: combined posts
Lvl:83, XP: 10389405, Gold: 281686, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 1,
GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW:1, HP: 294, AC: 344%, AD: 45_58, AP: 2, ECC:27% ,
CM: 3.0, BC: 96%, DR: 6
Shadow regeneration, collected all l&e items