v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Is there an advantage to NOT leveling up?

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
astynax27
android_version: 4.0

Is there an advantage to NOT leveling up?

Post by astynax27 »

Hi,

I noticed that you have to choose to level up, but that you continue to gain experience if you don't. Is there any advantage to staying a lower level? I'm thinking along the lines of getting more exp per kill.
Level: 19, XP: 133808, Gold: 7868
HP: 45, AC: 150%, AD: 20-27, AP: 4, ECC: -, CM: -, BC: 46%, DR: 0
RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 0, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 0, SRoV: 0, VSH: 0, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
Oet
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Re: Is there an advantage to NOT leveling up?

Post by Oet »

There is no change in the amount of experience you get due to what level you currently are. I wouldn't say there is any advantage to NOT level up, but there is some fun things you can do:

[*] You can play a level one character without leveling up. Just grinding. And save as much xp as possible. From this save file you can start your new builds, so you don't have to level the first levels over and over again. You can just simply level up to level XX by just clicking level up, and by this method form your new build to whatever you want in no time at all. (Got this idea from Pyro)

[*] You can set new records here on the forum. I stayed on level 40 on purpose until I had finished the game in the current version 0.7.0. By this method I beat the earlier record, level 48. This will probably be beaten quite easy soon (who knows, maybe by you?) since it isn't that hard at level 40. (Covenant, I dare you)

[*] You can challenge yourself in different ways. For example Mad P finished the earlier version at level 5, he also wrote down his experience, you can read it here http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?t=981

That's pretty much it. But, if you don't want to mess around, there is no point in NOT leveling up.
Oet:
Lvl:80|XP:9214538|AP:3|HP:291|AC:351%|AD:51-68|CHS:20|CM:0|BC:135%|DR:1
WA:1|HH:1|Do:1|CS:2|CL:1|QL:3|CE:1|IF:6|Reg:1|WP:1S:1|AP:L:1|FS:DW:2|S:DW:1
RoLS:2|ELYR:1

Last updated 22/01-14
astynax27
android_version: 4.0

Post by astynax27 »

Cool cool, good to know, thanks.

I'll eventually try unarmed/unarmored to see if I like it. Maybe that's when I'll see how far I can get on level 1 :D
Level: 19, XP: 133808, Gold: 7868
HP: 45, AC: 150%, AD: 20-27, AP: 4, ECC: -, CM: -, BC: 46%, DR: 0
RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 0, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 0, SRoV: 0, VSH: 0, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
Covenant
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Post by Covenant »

I'm bashing around in the Snake Cave at level one. Or more aptly put: I'm being bashed around. Very hard to complete much of the game without levelling up.
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

Covenant: It is hard, but not impossible. =)

Also, the snake caves were a place i avoided like a plague for a long time doing the lvl 1 challenge. You can build up gold faster taking out the small rabid dogs around the village.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------