v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Need Advice on Skill Specialization

Post your questions about game contents here. Want to know how to complete a quest, or where to go to find an item? Post here!
Insidious
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Need Advice on Skill Specialization

Post by Insidious »

Hey there forum dwellers! I've been playing the game for a while (level 35 right now) and have been trying to choose my skill points cautiously (my first character played it tough). I've gotten to the point after completing the charwood quest "Destined for Great Things" where
the two NPC's give you the training skill option
I honestly have no idea what I should choose and I need some general advice on what my late game goals for skills should be. At the moment my gear is as follows:

Fine hat, fallhaven jewel, flagstone pride, two polished rings of backstabbing, troublemakers gloves, and snakeskin boots

I'm not sure if I should do two handed or another skill set because at the moment it seems that would be the most beneficial.

P.S. If you know any good grinding spots for my level please let me know :3
Oet

Re: Need Advice on Skill Specialization

Post by Oet »

Hi there Insidious! And welcome to the forums.

As for the skills, it's up to you. What is your play style? Follow you heart, else it might get boring in the end.
Also, where they offers you skill points by NPC, be aware that it costs Oegyth Crystals, and there is a limit of how many you can obtain as of 0.7.0.
If you want to know where you can find them all, check this thread

Also, what I think is best right now, in my own opinion, it's Light Armor. The extra AP cost you will suffer from most Heavy Armors is too critical.

Depending on your stats I would say that you might go in to the green maze and farm.
Close to Lodar there are Hirathil's that give a bunch of XP, but beware, they swarm you. But they are crit immune, and you seem to play with crit at the moment.
I would guess that the Iqhan Cave would be the best place for you to gain some easy levels, where there is also a chance of finding the Chaos Reaper, dropped by: Happy hunting and let us know if you want to know some more and if anything is troubling you.
Oet:
Lvl:80|XP:9214538|AP:3|HP:291|AC:351%|AD:51-68|CHS:20|CM:0|BC:135%|DR:1
WA:1|HH:1|Do:1|CS:2|CL:1|QL:3|CE:1|IF:6|Reg:1|WP:1S:1|AP:L:1|FS:DW:2|S:DW:1
RoLS:2|ELYR:1

Last updated 22/01-14
Insidious

Post by Insidious »

Hey thanks oet. Yeah I'll choose light armour like you said, and I've already got two oegyth things from bumbling around the maze looking for good xp. I did run into the hirathil but they turned out to be too tough atm. I'll definitely check out those caves though.

Regarding skills though, I've heard of the RoLS and it definitely sounds ideal, but should I duel wield it or sword and shield? Sounds like a heck of a lot of grinding.

Oh yeah btw, I though flagstone pride was a two hander, so I meant sword and shield would be the most beneficial right now
Oet

Post by Oet »

Insidious wrote:Hey thanks oet. Yeah I'll choose light armour like you said, and I've already got two oegyth things from bumbling around the maze looking for good xp. I did run into the hirathil but they turned out to be too tough atm. I'll definitely check out those caves though.

Regarding skills though, I've heard of the RoLS and it definitely sounds ideal, but should I duel wield it or sword and shield? Sounds like a heck of a lot of grinding.

Oh yeah btw, I though flagstone pride was a two hander, so I meant sword and shield would be the most beneficial right now

I am quite sure you mean the "RoL" not "RoLS"

RoL = Rapier of Lifesteal, and is a one handed sword.
RoLS = Ring of Lesser Shadow, and is a ring.

You can freely choose what you prefer from dual wielding or sword and shield. I don't have a RoL myself, but I would totally dual wield it instead of equipping it with a shield. There is some real nice and fun combinations you can do with the RoL. Check this item list to see what you might want to wield with the RoL. Be sure to only dual wield if you have at least 2 skill points in to dual wielding. Also, it works out best if both weapons have the same AP cost.

Indeed, it's a heck of a lot of grinding. The legendary items, such as the RoL, got a 1/10000 drop chance (0.01%). If you want to get one, be sure that you want to spend some time in the imp cave. Some people are lucky and get one very fast (I got 2xRoLS in 1500 kills), but I've heard of people searching for the RoL, still not finding it after about 15000 kills.

Edit:
Edited a typo...
Oet:
Lvl:80|XP:9214538|AP:3|HP:291|AC:351%|AD:51-68|CHS:20|CM:0|BC:135%|DR:1
WA:1|HH:1|Do:1|CS:2|CL:1|QL:3|CE:1|IF:6|Reg:1|WP:1S:1|AP:L:1|FS:DW:2|S:DW:1
RoLS:2|ELYR:1

Last updated 22/01-14
Insidious

Post by Insidious »

Ah yep my mistake. Okay I think duel wield RoL ;) well be my big goal for now. I actually tried those caves you mentioned but it seems like goblins give more xp/second and use less potions. Idk if I'm doing something wrong...

Also I was wondering if RoL had critical hit enabled, cause now that you mentioned it, criticals seems like a pretty good path to take. Anyway thanks a lot for the help!

Edit: nevermind! I looked at the weapon list for RoL
Duke
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Duke »

Here is a great link to the skill tree and it's requirements.

http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1498

Also, get a better helmet asap. And what armor do you have? Is it helping your crits? And is it light, since you went that route?

Good luck!
Lvl78 XP9403007 Gold 248643 AP3 HP139 AC350 AD42-59 BC97 DR1
SP:D MC3 BC CS2 QL4 IF MF EB DW2
Rols1Rol2Elyr1Char1Golf1Shaf0Srov1Vsh1
Ozzy
lvl:47 HP114 AC254 AD27-37 BC112
SP:WA HH CS(2) CL CE IF(2) Reg
Rols1Rol0ElyR0Char2Shaf1Golf1Srov1Vsh1
sorrow
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by sorrow »

I would suggest trying your luck at venturing to remgard. Also I would get heavy and light armor pros. There are some heavy armor that are really good. Also set aside from bws and the iqhan cave and the green maze remgard has high XP as well. Stock up on hp potions the (you choice either the regular potions [minor regular or major] or bmp).

As for choosing a weapon pro what are u wanting to go as:
•are you a shield and sword fighter?
•are you a 2 handed fighter? (Like me!!!)
•or are you a duel weilder? (I'd you are this plan ahead and before you choose this make sure its lvled up to Max)

Sorrow
Lvl:80 XP:9214038 Gold:1mil Hp:243 AC:301 Ad:28-49 Ch:21 Cm:2.0 Ecc:15 BC:148 Dr:3

skills:
WA:2. HH:2. CS:2. TH:2 QL:2 IF:2 REG:2 MF:5 DBS:1 2HSP:1 LAP:2 HAP:1 SREG:1
L/E
CHAR:1 ROLS:1 ELYR:1 GOLF:1 SHAF: 1
Duke
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Duke »

[quote="sorrow] Also I would get heavy and light armor pros. There are some heavy armor that are really good. Also set aside from bws and the iqhan cave and the green maze remgard has high XP as well. Stock up on hp potions the (you choice either the regular potions [minor regular or major] or bmp).

[/quote]

why bother getting both? The best armor in the game is light and the proficiency takes less skill points. Plus, it sounds like he is already heading down that route.
Lvl78 XP9403007 Gold 248643 AP3 HP139 AC350 AD42-59 BC97 DR1
SP:D MC3 BC CS2 QL4 IF MF EB DW2
Rols1Rol2Elyr1Char1Golf1Shaf0Srov1Vsh1
Ozzy
lvl:47 HP114 AC254 AD27-37 BC112
SP:WA HH CS(2) CL CE IF(2) Reg
Rols1Rol0ElyR0Char2Shaf1Golf1Srov1Vsh1
sorrow
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by sorrow »

There are some heavy armor that are better like the boots for the guardian

Sorrow
Lvl:80 XP:9214038 Gold:1mil Hp:243 AC:301 Ad:28-49 Ch:21 Cm:2.0 Ecc:15 BC:148 Dr:3

skills:
WA:2. HH:2. CS:2. TH:2 QL:2 IF:2 REG:2 MF:5 DBS:1 2HSP:1 LAP:2 HAP:1 SREG:1
L/E
CHAR:1 ROLS:1 ELYR:1 GOLF:1 SHAF: 1
r0tt3nj4ck
android_version: 4.3

Post by r0tt3nj4ck »

Ah but sweet level 4 heavy armour proficiency......
Click me for a look at my gift to the Andor's Trail Community...