v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Rafflesia flower?

Post your questions about game contents here. Want to know how to complete a quest, or where to go to find an item? Post here!
Flaming
android_version: 8.0

Rafflesia flower?

Post by Flaming »

Near the end of the jungle maze there is a rafflesia flower. What is it for?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 0, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 0, SRoV: 0, VSH: 0, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
OmuNegru
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Re: Rafflesia flower?

Post by OmuNegru »

Since it's a "corpse flower" , could be for zombie perfume :lol: . I think it's a rainforest flower, and the maize is kind of a rainforest, maybe just eye-candy .
I walk in the shadow
Xaels
lvl:45 HP 113, AP 3/12, AC 255%, AD 35-45, ECC 25%, CM 3, BC 90, DR 4
Flaming

Post by Flaming »

It has the same glow and ring of grassless dirt as the larval burrower entrances. It looks like a dungeon... Of flowers...
Flower hat 11 bc% blocks all minor stings :P
RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 0, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 0, SRoV: 0, VSH: 0, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Is it simply there for decoration or is it simply there to make you ask questions? Hmm...intriguing.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Flaming

Post by Flaming »

Upon closer inspection of the map tiles...

There are blank spaces to the right of the flower map tile. The closest incomplete area to it is the eastern dead end of the dried up lake. The dried up lake could make a path to the flower. If the flower is of any importance.
OmuNegru wrote:Since it's a "corpse flower" , could be for zombie perfume :lol: . I think it's a rainforest flower, and the maize is kind of a rainforest, maybe just eye-candy .
Zombie perfume? Because zombies like the smell of flesh... Even of the rotten variety. That rafflerasia flower could be hiding a zombie cave/hideout/dungeon. Who knows what will happen in the future of the game...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ian
android_version: 4.2

Post by Ian »

Oh great I didn't expect so much discussion about a flower. But well as I created this map I can tell you: I just placed it for decoration. This flower looks very interesting and I think your're right, it's a rafflesia flower.
I really wonder how it such an exotic plant came into the tiles of AT. ;)

And well, if you want I could draw a path from the dried up lake there and place some nasty beasts around this flower ;)
Mapmaker for Andor's Trail
Lvl: 73, XP: 6655552, Gold: 327905, RoLS: -, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 2, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 58, AC: 260%, AD: 52-62, AP: 3, ECC: -, CM: -, BC: 164%, DR: 1
GoofusInsanius
android_version: 8.1 - Oreo

Post by GoofusInsanius »

Lol, you forgot the spoiler tags Ian ;)
Hodor, lvl28
JoF, Vil arm, Fpride, RoLS
BB passport OS10

Goof, Lvl:48
skills: WA:1 HH:1 CS:2 CL:1 IF:3 RG:1 DP:1 LAP:1 W&S: 1
Gear: DP, Serpent HB, Mtaint, Rshield, ROTP, EnhCombBoots, Arulir gl, PROB, DotsP.
BlackBerry Q5, OS10
OmuNegru
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by OmuNegru »

Maybe it could be part of a quest. Some shadow priest needs the seed of the corpse flower in order to make a potion to make a feygard spy spill the beans on a secret plan . :D
I walk in the shadow
Xaels
lvl:45 HP 113, AP 3/12, AC 255%, AD 35-45, ECC 25%, CM 3, BC 90, DR 4
da_cage
android_version: 2.2

Post by da_cage »

Seems like a fitting place to deposit the kazul rotworm
Flaming

Post by Flaming »

da_cage wrote:Seems like a fitting place to deposit the kazul rotworm
What do you mean? Is there an idea that the Kazual rotworm vial should be opened and placed in the flower?

For what quest?

Is someone wanting to breed the rotworms into a weapon of mass destruction?

I'm interested. Please elaborate! :mrgreen: