Would it be utterly stupid to get Regeneration 3 at lvl 40??

Post your questions about game contents here. Want to know how to complete a quest, or where to go to find an item? Post here!
gbro
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Would it be utterly stupid to get Regeneration 3 at lvl 40??

Post by gbro »

So, I've been a big fan of Regeneration throughout the game, and I was sure I'd get Reg3 as soon as I could (which would be with the level 40 skill point I just got).

However, now I'm wondering if I would regret it later on (for not having used the point on other skills).

At 110hps I sure feel the need for more than 2hps per turn if I have to rely on regeneration, I don't like having to stand still for a minute.

And, up to this point of the game I relied on regeneration because I rarely had a lot of meat or potions (reasons: I don't like grinding, I only found the best meat spot - the wolves cave - late in the game, and I didn't know the best places to earn money).

Now though I don't expect to have a lot of problems with money, I found out that Flagstone gives me about 1500 coins per run and that I can mow it down in seconds with the Sword of the Annihilator (I haven't been in Charwood yet, which I heard is the best place to earn money at this level, and the gargoyle cave that's also recommended seemed significantly less rewarding - though I haven't taken methodical measurements).

Well and I also seem to be collecting a lot of meat just by running around, I have about 80 pieces now and the ability to cook it makes it more interesting than ever.

However, I'm used to my regeneration so I'd like to keep relying on it alone 😅

BUT, I noticed that many (or most) people here don't appreciate it so much, at least not beyond the first level: I saw a lot of high-level characters with only a Reg1.

Many seem to prefer Corpse Eater to it, but I don't get it, even now that I can one-hit many monsters I can only see it having an impact in few places, at least at level 1.
It for sure seems fun to have it, and I'll probably get it at some point, but... mah 🤷
Besides, if in some places you're ok with doing without the JoF/Marrowtaint and you already have Reg2, the Necklace of the Undead can provide the same effect as CE.

This is my first character, and my aim is simply to have the most fun with it (and I don't plan on making another character).
The next skills I'm longing for are the two Dual-wielding, simply to be able to try to dual-wield.

My current skills are: IF3, REG2, CS2, WA1 and HH1 (I took these last ones early in the game because I misunderstood what Cleave did).
And my base stats, if it matters, are AC135, AD16 and BC15.
I have the Marrowtaint and I vary frequently the rest of the equipment.

SO, advices? Recommendations??
Thanks in advance :)

P.S. I know that I could get a RoLS for another point of regeneration but that's not going to happen anytime soon - I got bored at about 3000 kills and it will be some time before I try again.
fireigam
android_version: 13 - Android 13

Re: Would it be utterly stupid to get Regeneration 3 at lvl 40??

Post by fireigam »

You should go for the RG3, and double it with Cooked Meat, or add 2 with crackers, or 1 with Bread. I like to put up a meal; like Bread, Cheese and Milk f.ex.
And use patience, if you have some, that is.
rijackson741

Post by rijackson741 »

IMO, if you have enough high value foods you don't really need Re3. The foods cost you of course, but the skill point is more valuable.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Lam al Adie
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Post by Lam al Adie »

IMO: reg lvl 1 may save your life. lvl 2 and above merely save time.
Lam 'al Adie (pd)
Lvl:68 XP: 5728519 AP: 12/3 HP: 204 AC: 228 AD: 43-55 BC: 164 DR: 7
Skills: WA: 1 Do: 4 CS: 2 IF: 4 Ev: 2 Reg: 1 WP:1S: 1 AP:S: 1 FS:WS: 2 S:WS: 1
ROLS: 1 GoLF: 1
Andihagi

Post by Andihagi »

I think every point in Reg is wasted. In the time you spend waiting you can easily farm the needed gold for food or bonemeal, depending on your playstyle.
Corpse eater comes in very handy in higher levels.