Andor's Trail v0.8.9 released (Bugfix and translations)

Official news about Andor's Trail.
Ryry
android_version: 12 - Android 12

Re: Andor's Trail v0.8.9 released (Bugfix and translations)

Post by Ryry »

Nut wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:37 pm What do you prefer: dying, and a wakeup in bed, or standing petrified endlessly? (Game over then)
let's say that if this happens to you you can no longer continue the current game (unless you have saved the game first) because -10 hp at each turn are really unplayable
Nut
android_version: 8.0

Post by Nut »

If I had my way, I would have created the endless petrifying :twisted: But the others thought that it would be too hard... So you are lucky
Nut
Nut

Post by Nut »

Ryry wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:39 pm
Nut wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:37 pm What do you prefer: dying, and a wakeup in bed, or standing petrified endlessly? (Game over then)
let's say that if this happens to you you can no longer continue the current game (unless you have saved the game first) because -10 hp at each turn are really unplayable
Using every bed until Brimhaven, Bonemeal, could work that way, but agreed not easy.

Hey folks: a new challenge. Sleep in Remgard and then get yourself killed by petrifying :lol:
Nut
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Ryry,

I get what you are saying, but this type of actor condition is technically permanent, but goes away only inside the cave (there is a map script that provides that), but to remove this actor condition on you waking up from being unconscious would require us to put a script next to every single bed in the game and in every single future location of a bed because we would have no other choice because we do not know what bed you're going to wake up in
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Ryry

Post by Ryry »

Nut wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:41 pm If I had my way, I would have created the endless petrifying :twisted: But the others thought that it would be too hard... So you are lucky
In any case the disturbance should disappear when you don't look at the basilisk, just like it happens in the cave (otherwise, as you wrote, what happens in the cave is a bug, in the sense that the disturbance should not disappear even if you move away from it basilisk, as happens instead)
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Ryry wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:46 pm
Nut wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:41 pm If I had my way, I would have created the endless petrifying :twisted: But the others thought that it would be too hard... So you are lucky
In any case the disturbance should disappear when you don't look at the basilisk, just like it happens in the cave (otherwise, as you wrote, what happens in the cave is a bug, in the sense that the disturbance should not disappear even if you move away from it basilisk, as happens instead)
See my last post
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Nut

Post by Nut »

That's the technical reason.
And honestly if someone tries that petrifying without saving before and against all the warning signs, he just earned it :geek:
Nut
Ryry

Post by Ryry »

Antison wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:46 pm Ryry,

I get what you are saying, but this type of actor condition is technically permanent, but goes away only inside the cave (there is a map script that provides that), but to remove this actor condition on you waking up from being unconscious would require us to put a script next to every single bed in the game and in every single future location of a bed because we would have no other choice because we do not know what bed you're going to wake up in
you are the creators of the game so if you created the game this way it's fine. I just thought it was a bug because in reality it doesn't make much sense if it happens in the cave and outside the cave no... then honestly I don't know how to program so I don't even know imagine the work needed to change even just 1 aspect of the game and for sure I I am not the pope (in the sense that what I write is not necessarily right). I repeat: if you created the game this way, it's fine.
indeed, I would add a big thank you to all of you for the work you do :D
Nut

Post by Nut »

And it makes us happy when people like playing our game. :)
Nut
Ryry

Post by Ryry »

I apologize for asking this question in this section of the forum but I couldn't find the answer by looking at other sections and I don't know which section of the forum is most appropriate for this question: there is a list where you can find out which levels give points ability?