Not bugs but typos...

A place to submit bugs to the Andor's Trail Development Team.
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Re: Not bugs but typos...

Post by Pyrizzle »

:lol: can spell checking be a major? you'd be a pro. :D
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Elyon
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by Elyon »

Pyrizzle wrote: can spell checking be a major? you'd be a pro.
Hahahaha, I look like this smiley right now ---> :lol: except for the yellow
Pyrizzle
VIP

Post by Pyrizzle »

Elyon wrote:
Pyrizzle wrote: can spell checking be a major? you'd be a pro.
Hahahaha, I look like this smiley right now ---> :lol: except for the yellow
If you were that yellow I'd be a lil worried. :lol: Unless you are a Simpson character.

Elyon

Post by Elyon »

When talking to Harlenn the second time in the Agent and the Beast quest, I am given the option of saying: I talked to Guthbered in Prim. They say you are the ones doing the attacks .... This option leads you to the same conversation I had the first time I talked to him. If possible, I believe this option should be deleted when I talk to him the second time.

When I complete the quest No weakness, Herec says: Would you like to trade some potions? It should be: Would you like to trade for some potions? Without the word 'for' it sounds as if he's asking if I have some potions to trade to him.

When I search through Prim's plans In the Agent and the Beast quest, the first paragraph says: You try to sneak as much as possible... For that sentence to make more sense, it should be: You try to be as sneaky as possible. Just a suggestion.
Last edited by Elyon on Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rtoo

Post by Rtoo »

Not sure if this one has been mentioned or not..

Almars, in Remgard...

"He he. They will never KNEW what hit them."

I am assuming knew should be know.
Pyrizzle
VIP

Post by Pyrizzle »

Rtoo wrote:Not sure if this one has been mentioned or not..

Almars, in Remgard...

"He he. They will never KNEW what hit them."

I am assuming knew should be know.
They'll never know what hit them.
or
They will never know what hit them.

Nice catch! Thank you for your report! :mrgreen:

Elyon

Post by Elyon »

I almost said BMW instead of BWM.

•Harlenn in BWM says: This calls .... We have to act quick .... The word 'quick' in this case should be changed to 'quickly' because 'Quick' is an adjective; i.e. it describes a noun or an action. 'Quickly' is an adverb which describes the manner in which an action is performed. *got that explanation from google* :D

•Harlenn in BWM says: Fine.... I don't want to deal with them any more. The way it is used, 'any more' should be changed to 'anymore'. "Anymore" is an adverb meaning "any longer". "Any more" is more often used as "quantity". The difference between the two meanings is illustrated in the sentence: "I don't buy books anymore because I don't need any more books." Despite this, some people recognize "anymore" as an alternative spelling of "any more", but do not recognize a difference in meaning. *thanks google*

•Blackwater chamber guard says: Oh, It is you. The word 'It' should be 'it' (lowercase I)

•Laede in BWM says: You are .... Pick any any bed you wish. One of the words 'any' needs to be removed.
fiernaq

Post by fiernaq »

Elyon wrote:I almost said BMW instead of BWM.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I've almost done that myself on occasion :D

Great work on catching all these typos :)
Level: 58, HP: 102, AC: 295%, AD: 46-56, AP: 2/12, BC: 35%, DR: 4
Gold: 75235 | RoLS: 0 RoL: 0 SRoV: 0 VSH: 0
Skills: IF1, Ev1, Ev2, Ev3, CE1, CS1, CS2, Re1, WA1, HH1, Cl1, HH2, DaggerPro1, LightArmorPro1, ShieldPro1, WA2, Cl2
Equipment: Enhanced Combat Helmet, Serpent's Hauberk, Marrowtaint, Quickstrike Dagger, Remgard Shield, Villain's Ring, Villain's Ring, Leather Gloves Of Attack, Enhanced Combat Boots
Last Updated: 02-Dec-2013
Elyon

Post by Elyon »

Thanks fiernaq
I'm dropping a bomb. :mrgreen:
*If something was meant to be mispelled, capitalized, repeated, or said the way it was said, Just Ignore My Correction*

•When doing the Lights in the Dark quest, the first half of the chant says: You find .... defiler of the the .... one of the words 'the' needs to be removed.

•In the Lights in the Dark quest, Throdna says: Second .... take a vial of purifying spirit and apply to the shrine. It should be: .... take a vial of purifying spirit and apply it to the shrine. Added the word 'it'.

•When talking to Kazaul Guardian in Lights in the Dark quest, I am given the option of saying: Kazaul, defiler of the the .... One of the words 'the' needs to be removed.

•When talking to Throdna in the Lights in the Dark quest, I am given the option of saying: Yes, It is done. It should be: Yes, it is done. Lowercase 'I' in the word 'it'.

•In the quest Deep Wound, when I am talking to Erinith I am given the option of saying: 200 .... I'll go look for you book. It should be: .... I'll go look for your book.

•Also in the quest Deep Wound, when I am talking to Erinith I am given the option of saying: A lousy .... Fine, I'll go look for you stupid book. It should be: .... Fine, I'll go look for your stupid book.

•Gandoren in the Crossroads guardhouse says: I'm .... Goo day to you. It should be: .... Good day to you.

•After I ask Gallain in the Crossroads guardhouse, what is this place, he says: Because .... We get at lot of those. It should be: .... We get a lot of those. The word 'at' changes into the word 'a'.

•Ailshara in the Crossroads guardhouse says: This way, the people could get some of piece back of the riches that Feygard has stolen from all of us. This sentence is extremely clunky and sounds like broken English. My suggestion is: This way, the people could get back some piece of the riches that Feygard has stolen from all of us.

•When talking to Hadracor south of the Feygard bridge, I am given the option of saying: Not yet, But I am working on it. It should be: Not yet, but I am working on it. Lowercase 'b' in the word 'but'.

•Hadracor says: Wow .... I thought there only were five .... It should be: .... I thought there were only five .... The words 'were' and 'only' swap spots.

•When talking to Rogorn beside the road to Carn Tower, I am given the option of saying: I am .... over at the crossroads guardhouse .... It should be: .... Crossroads guardhouse ....

•Tinlyn the shepherd says: Thank you for helping me (this sentence needs a period at the end of it)

•The welcome sign to Loneford says: .... a drawing of bale of hay .... It should be: .... a drawing of a bale of hay ....

•Taevinn in Loneford, Rolwynn and Farmer in the field west of Loneford, and nearly all the people named, Villager, in Loneford all say: It all .... completely white face and shivering. It should be: .... completely white faced and shivering.

•Landa in Loneford says: The boy .... I tried to sneak close by to see.... It should be: .... I tried to sneak up closer to see.... 'I tried to sneak close by' doesn't make sense.

•Landa says: I peeked .... to see if there were anyone .... It should be: .... to see if there was anyone ....

•In the following sentence Landa says: .... Instead, I saw someone skulking around .... 'skulking' is misspelled, it should be 'sulking'

•Landa says: Also .... while all others in the village has gotten ill? It should be: .... while all the others in the village have gotten ill?

•When talking to Landa, I am given the option of saying: Thank .... You secret is safe .... It should be: .... Your secret is safe ....

•Buceth in Loneford's chapel says: Then .... Shining armours .... It should be: .... Shining armour .... (no 's' on armour) The word 'armour' is used in both the plural and singular form.

•Buceth says: Changing .... because of these news .... It should be: .... because of this news .... Saying 'these news' is incorrect.

•When talking to Vacor in the Missing Pieces quest, I am given the option of saying: I have found all pieces. It should be: I have found all the pieces.

•Vacor says: Bah, The Shadow. It should be: Bah, the Shadow. (lowercase 't' on the word 'the')

•When talking to Thorin in the bug cave, I am given the option of saying: Sure .... Sound easy enough ... It should be: .... Sounds easy enough ....

•Algangror near Remgard says: Splendid. Return to me with some proof that they are have been dealt with. The word 'are' doesn't make sense in that spot and should be deleted.

•Bridge lookout beside Remgard says: We .... that this cabin in inhabited .... It should be: .... that this cabin is inhabited ....

•Elwyl the fighting sister in Remgard says: So .... I always thought their blue liquid seem so odd .... It should be: .... I always thought their blue liquid seemed so odd ....

•Elwyl says: Maybe .... that she she is .... One of the words 'she' needs to be removed.

•Arghes in Remgard's tavern says: You on the other hand, is most important. It should be: You on the other hand, are most important.

•When talking to Jhaeld, I'm given the option of saying: Sound simple enough. It should be: Sounds simple enough.

•Jhaeld in Remgard says: When we marched her out of town, the children started crying out of fear for her. It should be: .... out of fear of her. (Because they weren't afraid for her safety but afraid of her. *As I understood*.)

•Jhaeld says: If I .... to prevent any more people disappearing. It should be: .... to prevent any more people from disappearing.

•Hjaldar in Remgard says: That .... People even travelled to here .... The word 'to' does not go in this sentence and should be deleted.

•Ulirfendor says: .... for any clues in the west part of this cave .... It should be: .... for any clues in the western part of this cave .... ('western' sounds better)

•When talking to Ulirfendor, I am given the option of saying: Yes .... maybe that is parts of the missing piece? It should be: .... maybe that is part of the missing piece? (The word 'parts' changes into the word 'part')

•When attacking Toszylae the lich, the text reads: You .... your stomach turns and twists - as if it had a life of its own. The word 'had' should be changed to 'has'. The word 'had' is past tense, and since the phrase "your stomach turns and twists" is present tense, 'had' becomes 'has'.

•Ulirfendor says: The ritual .... the process can have .... unusual effect on the carrier. It should be: .... unusual effects .. or .. an unusual effect .... (The same mistake is repeated a few sentences down from this one.)

•Ulirfendor says: The ritual .... being eaten from inside ... It should be: .... being eaten from the inside ....

•Ulirfendor says: You should .... seek help from one of the priests of the Shadow as quick as possible. It should be: .... as quickly as possible.

That is all. :D
oskarwiksten
Captain Awesome

Post by oskarwiksten »

Wow, thanks a lot Elyon! I am so impressed at the level of detail that you've put into this. Not only have you spotted a whole bunch of really good things to correct, but you also took the time to actually post about it, with coloring and all. Really nice work!

I've committed your excellent suggestions here:
http://code.google.com/p/andors-trail/s ... production
I also took the liberty of adding you to the list of authors for the game, "English proofreading by Elyon" - hope that's OK with you. This way, your name will appear in the next release of the game.

Please review the changes above and make sure that they are corrected. Thanks again!

Also, thanks to Rtoo!

Please post if you find any more improvements to the conversations! All these things contribute into making an even more polished game.

Thank you, Elyon!

Complete changelog:
Elyon wrote:In the quest Rat infestation, Odair in Crossglen says: Thanks a lot for you help kid! It should be: Thanks a lot for your help kid!
Fixed.
Elyon wrote:Tonis outside of Prim says: Blackwater?.... Just over here is the village of Prim. It should be: .... Just over there is the village... 'Just over here' doesn't make sense.

In the quest Well Rested, Prim cook says: Now that ..... and see if he is still wants to rent it? It should be: ..... and see if he still wants to rent it? The word 'is' is removed.

Jueth in Prim says: sell? .... the traders do not come here any more. The way its used, the word 'any more' should be 'anymore'.

Prim priestly acolyte says: When .... I will be one of greatest healers around. It should be: .... I will be one of the greatest ....

Moyra in Prim says: Claws, beats, Gornauds. I suspect the word 'beats' should be 'beasts'.

Moyra in Prim says: I have seen them on the mountain path up the mountain also. That is a clunky sentence. I suggest removing the words 'mountain' and 'also' whereas he says: I have seen them on the path up the mountain.
Fixed.
Elyon wrote:In the quest Awoken from Slumber, after I put the dagger back in its place, the second paragraph says: .... There must have been a dagger here as well earlier that someone removed. The words 'as well' do not make sense in this sentence. I suggest removing them. Ex .... there must have been a dagger here earlier that someone removed.

In the quest Awoken from Slumber, Bjorgur says: Thank .... I'm afraid I cant give you anything .... The word 'cant' needs an apostrophe.
Fixed.
Elyon wrote:Harlenn in BWM says: However, recent event have forced ... It should be: However, recent events have forced ....
Fixed.
Elyon wrote:After I side with Prim Guthbered says: I want you to go up there in their settlement .... It should be: I want you to go up there into their settlement ....

Guthbered also says: Go .... But make sure that they do not see you while looking around. It should be: .... But make sure that they do not see you while you're looking around.
Fixed.
Elyon wrote:When I complete the quest No weakness, Herec says: Would you like to trade some potions? It should be: Would you like to trade for some potions? Without the word 'for' it sounds as if he's asking if I have some potions to trade to him.

When I search through Prim's plans In the Agent and the Beast quest, the first paragraph says: You try to sneak as much as possible... For that sentence to make more sense, it should be: You try to be as sneaky as possible. Just a suggestion.
Fixed.
Rtoo wrote:Almars, in Remgard... "He he. They will never KNEW what hit them." I am assuming knew should be know.
Fixed.
Elyon wrote:Harlenn in BWM says: This calls .... We have to act quick .... The word 'quick' in this case should be changed to 'quickly' because 'Quick' is an adjective; i.e. it describes a noun or an action. 'Quickly' is an adverb which describes the manner in which an action is performed. *got that explanation from google* :D

Harlenn in BWM says: Fine.... I don't want to deal with them any more. The way it is used, 'any more' should be changed to 'anymore'. "Anymore" is an adverb meaning "any longer". "Any more" is more often used as "quantity". The difference between the two meanings is illustrated in the sentence: "I don't buy books anymore because I don't need any more books." Despite this, some people recognize "anymore" as an alternative spelling of "any more", but do not recognize a difference in meaning. *thanks google*

Blackwater chamber guard says: Oh, It is you. The word 'It' should be 'it' (lowercase I)

Laede in BWM says: You are .... Pick any any bed you wish. One of the words 'any' needs to be removed.
Fixed.
Elyon wrote:When doing the Lights in the Dark quest, the first half of the chant says: You find .... defiler of the the .... one of the words 'the' needs to be removed.

In the Lights in the Dark quest, Throdna says: Second .... take a vial of purifying spirit and apply to the shrine. It should be: .... take a vial of purifying spirit and apply it to the shrine. Added the word 'it'.

When talking to Kazaul Guardian in Lights in the Dark quest, I am given the option of saying: Kazaul, defiler of the the .... One of the words 'the' needs to be removed.

When talking to Throdna in the Lights in the Dark quest, I am given the option of saying: Yes, It is done. It should be: Yes, it is done. Lowercase 'I' in the word 'it'.

In the quest Deep Wound, when I am talking to Erinith I am given the option of saying: 200 .... I'll go look for you book. It should be: .... I'll go look for your book.

Also in the quest Deep Wound, when I am talking to Erinith I am given the option of saying: A lousy .... Fine, I'll go look for you stupid book. It should be: .... Fine, I'll go look for your stupid book.

Gandoren in the Crossroads guardhouse says: I'm .... Goo day to you. It should be: .... Good day to you.

After I ask Gallain in the Crossroads guardhouse, what is this place, he says: Because .... We get at lot of those. It should be: .... We get a lot of those. The word 'at' changes into the word 'a'.

Ailshara in the Crossroads guardhouse says: This way, the people could get some of piece back of the riches that Feygard has stolen from all of us. This sentence is extremely clunky and sounds like broken English. My suggestion is: This way, the people could get back some piece of the riches that Feygard has stolen from all of us.

When talking to Hadracor south of the Feygard bridge, I am given the option of saying: Not yet, But I am working on it. It should be: Not yet, but I am working on it. Lowercase 'b' in the word 'but'.

Hadracor says: Wow .... I thought there only were five .... It should be: .... I thought there were only five .... The words 'were' and 'only' swap spots.

When talking to Rogorn beside the road to Carn Tower, I am given the option of saying: I am .... over at the crossroads guardhouse .... It should be: .... Crossroads guardhouse ....

Tinlyn the shepherd says: Thank you for helping me (this sentence needs a period at the end of it)

The welcome sign to Loneford says: .... a drawing of bale of hay .... It should be: .... a drawing of a bale of hay ....

Taevinn in Loneford, Rolwynn and Farmer in the field west of Loneford, and nearly all the people named, Villager, in Loneford all say: It all .... completely white face and shivering. It should be: .... completely white faced and shivering.

Landa in Loneford says: The boy .... I tried to sneak close by to see.... It should be: .... I tried to sneak up closer to see.... 'I tried to sneak close by' doesn't make sense.

Landa says: I peeked .... to see if there were anyone .... It should be: .... to see if there was anyone ....

In the following sentence Landa says: .... Instead, I saw someone skulking around .... 'skulking' is misspelled, it should be 'sulking'

Landa says: Also .... while all others in the village has gotten ill? It should be: .... while all the others in the village have gotten ill?

When talking to Landa, I am given the option of saying: Thank .... You secret is safe .... It should be: .... Your secret is safe ....

Buceth in Loneford's chapel says: Then .... Shining armours .... It should be: .... Shining armour .... (no 's' on armour) The word 'armour' is used in both the plural and singular form.

Buceth says: Changing .... because of these news .... It should be: .... because of this news .... Saying 'these news' is incorrect.

When talking to Vacor in the Missing Pieces quest, I am given the option of saying: I have found all pieces. It should be: I have found all the pieces.

Vacor says: Bah, The Shadow. It should be: Bah, the Shadow. (lowercase 't' on the word 'the')

When talking to Thorin in the bug cave, I am given the option of saying: Sure .... Sound easy enough ... It should be: .... Sounds easy enough ....

Algangror near Remgard says: Splendid. Return to me with some proof that they are have been dealt with. The word 'are' doesn't make sense in that spot and should be deleted.

Bridge lookout beside Remgard says: We .... that this cabin in inhabited .... It should be: .... that this cabin is inhabited ....

Elwyl the fighting sister in Remgard says: So .... I always thought their blue liquid seem so odd .... It should be: .... I always thought their blue liquid seemed so odd ....

Elwyl says: Maybe .... that she she is .... One of the words 'she' needs to be removed.

Arghes in Remgard's tavern says: You on the other hand, is most important. It should be: You on the other hand, are most important.

When talking to Jhaeld, I'm given the option of saying: Sound simple enough. It should be: Sounds simple enough.

Jhaeld in Remgard says: When we marched her out of town, the children started crying out of fear for her. It should be: .... out of fear of her. (Because they weren't afraid for her safety but afraid of her. *As I understood*.)

Jhaeld says: If I .... to prevent any more people disappearing. It should be: .... to prevent any more people from disappearing.

Hjaldar in Remgard says: That .... People even travelled to here .... The word 'to' does not go in this sentence and should be deleted.

Ulirfendor says: .... for any clues in the west part of this cave .... It should be: .... for any clues in the western part of this cave .... ('western' sounds better)

When talking to Ulirfendor, I am given the option of saying: Yes .... maybe that is parts of the missing piece? It should be: .... maybe that is part of the missing piece? (The word 'parts' changes into the word 'part')

When attacking Toszylae the lich, the text reads: You .... your stomach turns and twists - as if it had a life of its own. The word 'had' should be changed to 'has'. The word 'had' is past tense, and since the phrase "your stomach turns and twists" is present tense, 'had' becomes 'has'.

Ulirfendor says: The ritual .... the process can have .... unusual effect on the carrier. It should be: .... unusual effects .. or .. an unusual effect .... (The same mistake is repeated a few sentences down from this one.)

Ulirfendor says: The ritual .... being eaten from inside ... It should be: .... being eaten from the inside ....

Ulirfendor says: You should .... seek help from one of the priests of the Shadow as quick as possible. It should be: .... as quickly as possible.
Fixed.

However, I did not change the "saw someone skulking around" phrase. Even if I'm not a native English speaker, I still dare to claim that there's an English word called "skulk".
http://translate.google.com/#en|sv|skulk
/Oskar