v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Skills in V0.6.10

Post your questions about game contents here. Want to know how to complete a quest, or where to go to find an item? Post here!
Chest_Rockfield
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread
Location: Impeached former President of the Too cool for a RoLS Club. ;)

Re: (TESTERS)Skills in V0.6.10

Post by Chest_Rockfield »

tek wrote: Chest,

You obviously have limited to no responsibilities at home as I have been monitoring your progress. Who goes from level 92 to 97 in one night? Can you say 2M points? I suffer from server carpel tunnel syndrome in my wrists and elbows (Ulnar transposition surgery 6 years ago that never healed) and I just suffered from tremendous neck spasms on Saturday that has me couch and bed bound for that last few days. With all this said, there is no way I can keep up with the amount of time that you and Piggy put in. I will try within reason but I need to listen to my body and stop because my software engineering job takes it;s toll on me too and that is obviously more important to me.
A. Flattered you monitor me so closely. :shock:
B. I hadn't updated in a few days because I hadn't used my level up, plus I went to the gargoyle cave and lost the will to live. (Also, the most I've ever earned in one day was ~1.5M)
C. Thanks for your assumption about my level of responsibility. If you must know, I work full time and, as I live alone, all household responsibilities fall squarely on my shoulders. I also do plenty of other things. AT is simply a thing I do between or during other things. Play a huge group game of MtG, there's plenty of grind time during other players' turns ;)
D. Your assumption about how much time I spend on AT is also flawed. You have no idea how many SP I spent on QL. Heck, I may even spend less time than you do on it.
E. I am not in competition with you. Never have been. We seemingly have nothing in common. I don't have anything negative to say about you, we just have different styles for doing every single thing a person can possibly do in this world. The only reason I said anything at all is because Piggy brought up how you said you were gunning for her. Just seems silly to me to call someone out and then cry foul about your ailments and how much more time and opportunities others have after they pass you by. Regardless, I truly hope you feel better.
Lvl: 162, XP: 77,249,000, Gold: 2,508,000 RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 18, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 2
HP: 517, AC: 333%, AD: 60-61, AP: 3, CC: 90%, CM: 3, BC: 218%, DR: 0, BMP: 4k+
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

#3 - While debating and discussing is fine, rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks purposeless inflammatory posts or knowingly dodging the word filter will not be tolerated.

Enough is enough, This is my last warning to you guys I have had to give you guys a warning on this exact rule infraction before.

While we do encourage discussions here on the forums the negativity that has been shown is not.

if this level of disrespect carries on people's IP addresses may end up banned.
-Pyrizzle
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Piggy the Slayer

Post by Piggy the Slayer »

I don't want to get into any conflict on this forum and feel a little bit responsible for this argument. This is such a pleasant peaceful forum.
Level:145 AC: 428% BC:170% DR:4 AD:78-90 AP:12 HP:750 BSS.
Chest_Rockfield

You are not responsible. I shouldn't have said anything. It's over now. But you could resolve the nagging question of gender... :roll:
Lvl: 162, XP: 77,249,000, Gold: 2,508,000 RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 18, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 2
lady black
android_version: 12 - Android 12

Post by lady black »

I am also interested in the answer to that, Piggy the slayer. I know I am very outnumbered by the males of the species, and only Hirata (sorry if I've got that name wrong--can't check it while writing) has volunteered the info that she is another woman. I would be happy to know there was at least one more of us here on the forum, especially one who is doing so very well. (We could form an "I am woman, watch me slay" club.)
However, it has been noticeable that you have NOT answered this question in your last few posts, and I want to assure you that you are under no obligation to satisfy our curiosity on this point. It is not really any of our business, and if you do not answer now, I feel the question should be dropped permanently, by all.
I took cleave as one of my 17 original skill points, and have found it very useful, especially since finally getting out of the gargoyle cave and into the Iqhan caves, where it is often difficult to tackle monsters one at a time. My others, as well as I can remember, were two to magic finder and attack speed, one to each of: bark skin, fortitude, more and better crits, quick learner, regeneration, each of the 3 resist condition types, and three others I can't remember. I have used the two skill points I have gotten since the original batch on upgrading the more and better crits. Future plans include more fortitude, regeneration and quick learner, possibly more resist conditions. As others have said, I feel skill points are best used for things we can not get on level-ups.
2 tek: I also have carpal tunnel problems, though nowhere near as severe as yours, and located largely in my shoulder, which an orthopedic doctor told me years ago when I was having tests, is impossible. All I know is that moving my shoulder joint ends the numbness but moving the wrist and/or elbow joints does not. Playing AT really gets to it, so I tend to find a "safe-ish" place and wait out chaotic grip and/or low HP. It saves on potion use and lets me get feeling back in my fingers, but slows down leveling quite a bit. Having the use of my hand in ten years is more important to me than high levels and being high on the highscore list. As you have many more years ahead of you than I do, I submit this strategy for your consideration. I also hope your current problem is improving and you are out of bed.
Last edited by lady black on Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LVL 108; XP 23,138,749; Gold 1,827,209; 4/23/12
HP 130; AP 4/12; AC 328; AD 55-66; CC 9; CM 0; BC 127; DR 2
RoLS 4; RoL 2; ElyR 4; ChaR 11; GoLF 4; ShaF 4
S Rgn, SP: 1:CE,Ev,SM,EB,PB; 2:WA,HH,Cl,BS,MC,BC,CS,QL,IF,Rgn,MF
Hinata
android_version: 2.2

Post by Hinata »

I agree 100% lady black (thank by the way that forum sounds amazing :D)
Lvl: 34 | HP: 81
XP: 711,472| Gold: 79,103

AP: 12 | AP$: 3 | AC: 186% | AD: 19-23
BC: 45% | DR: 1 | CC: 44% | CM: 3.75

RoLS: 1 | Rocks: 357 | Magic Finder: 2
qasur

Post by qasur »

On my first character (level 32 when updated to new skill system), I put 2 Points into +1 AP and some in More/Better Criticals, then put my remaining 1 in Cleave (to test it out since I submitted that idea :) )

Cleave worked for me the way I thought it would, but wish I had put 2 points in it (just to get 6 Ap back after I killed something). I was throwing myself into multiple-encounter situations just to take advantage of Cleave and being able to slice-through monsters quicker.

So, I think it's really working good (and glad I suggested him making it level up 3 times, cause 1 Point for +10 AP/per kill would have been too good).

Of course, all of this really benefits you if wearing Jewel of Fallhaven (shouldn't have to be said, but kinda does).
Chest_Rockfield

As Lady Black suggested, I respectfully retract my question regarding gender and wish I wouldn't have asked if it put anyone in an awkward position. My apologies.
Mino
VIP
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by Mino »

qasur wrote:On my first character (level 32 when updated to new skill system), I put 2 Points into +1 AP and some in More/Better Criticals, then put my remaining 1 in Cleave (to test it out since I submitted that idea :) )

Cleave worked for me the way I thought it would, but wish I had put 2 points in it (just to get 6 Ap back after I killed something). I was throwing myself into multiple-encounter situations just to take advantage of Cleave and being able to slice-through monsters quicker.

So, I think it's really working good (and glad I suggested him making it level up 3 times, cause 1 Point for +10 AP/per kill would have been too good).

Of course, all of this really benefits you if wearing Jewel of Fallhaven (shouldn't have to be said, but kinda does).
That's my plan for Cleave, to just jump into a group and start slashing/stabbing away. :twisted:
I have the 2 levels of Combat Speed, Jewel of Fallhaven, and the quickstrike dagger, so 1 level of Cleave should be enough as I'll get enough AP for 3 attacks after killing 2 creatures.

Just curious, does getting to level 2 of Cleave require you to add any more skill points into Weapon Accuracy or Hard Hit?
Lvl: 206 XP: 159262572, Gold: 1657119, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 2, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 6, SRoV: 1, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 241, AP: 3, AC: 562%, AD: 116-130, CM: 3.0, ECC: 38%, BC: 139%, DR: 3

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18
Chest_Rockfield

Now that you have Cleave 1 you should be able to look in your skills list at Cleave and see what it requires. When you find out, tell me because I don't have Cleave yet and I'd really like to know...