v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Where to kill best for your level.

Post your questions about game contents here. Want to know how to complete a quest, or where to go to find an item? Post here!
Agonfirehart
android_version: 2.0

Where to kill best for your level.

Post by Agonfirehart »

G'day all. Ive been looking at a lot of your posts on the forums and just wanted to say thanks for the great advice, you have helped me heaps.
Just curious if anyone has got any info for where to kill stuff for your own level. I went though some mine in the darj and came out and traveled up a huge mountain. After I was past the halfway mark I just couldnt kill anything anymore (I hate dazed effect). In hindsight I shouldnt of went there at lvl 14/15.
What is a good level to go back and get revenge? Is the flagstone prison a little easier. Thinking of trying my luck there.
Thank you everyone, if you havent helped me you have proberly said something silly and gave me a laugh anyway.
Have a good one

Ps. finding that Lodar is a pain. no one tell me though, I want to try and find it myself (im stuborn like that).
ncer
android_version: 2.2

Re: Where to kill best for your level.

Post by ncer »

Welcome.

I've read people say they could do it at close to your level, but I'm guessing that would have been with a lot of saves, potions and avoiding conflict. I think it sould be doable in the early to late 20's. Of course it does depend a bit on what you aim your build towards. If I remember correctly Daze lowers your block chance, so if that's really important for you you will be hit hard by it. My main character doesn't care at all for blocking, choosing to try to kill beasts on the first attack, so he would care less. My secondary character on the other hand is more balanced and does not appreciate losing his block chance. That secondary character could go up only much later. Certainly that prison should be easier, though it's probably still quite challenging at your level.

When I was still at lower levels I also quite hated the Daze effect (and if you get further up the monsters don't get easier...).
Lvl: 195, XP: 135178554, Gold: 1004501
HP: 88 AC: 345%, AD: 109-120, AP: 5, ECC: 15%, CM: 0, BC: 222%, DR: 6
RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 2, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
mirajp1
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by mirajp1 »

just wanted to tell u that u cant complete the loder quest yet.:P
enjoy:P
Agonfirehart wrote:
Ps. finding that Lodar is a pain. no one tell me though, I want to try and find it myself (im stuborn like that).
Logic:
Lvl: 38, XP: 1006224, Gold: 69410, RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, GoLF: 1, ChaR: 0, SHAF: 0
HP: 83, AC: 219%, AD: 24-30, AP: 3, BC: 55%, DR: -1, CC: 22%, CM: 3
Restore HP/Kill: 2

currently affected by rotworm :D
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

yes, welcome to the boards!

in your position, i would grind flagstone too!
but take the spoils & sell them off for a big supply of potions...
take them to the gargoyle cave & hunt for (arguably) the best item in the game.
Ring of Lesser Shadow - this ring is not mentioned "in game"
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
lady black
android_version: 12 - Android 12

Post by lady black »

I am not sure whether I added my welcome at your other post, but rather think not, so let me welcome you now. We are always happy to get new forum members.
If you find Flagstone Prison a bit hard, you could take a run or two through the wolf cave first. Then Flagstone for a while, collecting nice iron swords as loot to sell. I am not sure whether you want to grind for the ring mentioned in the spoiler box above, but I would spend some time in the gargoyle cave anyway before going back to the mountain, (and definitely avoid the newest area of ixtiels and iqhans until you have conquered the mountain area.)
LVL 108; XP 23,138,749; Gold 1,827,209; 4/23/12
HP 130; AP 4/12; AC 328; AD 55-66; CC 9; CM 0; BC 127; DR 2
RoLS 4; RoL 2; ElyR 4; ChaR 11; GoLF 4; ShaF 4
S Rgn, SP: 1:CE,Ev,SM,EB,PB; 2:WA,HH,Cl,BS,MC,BC,CS,QL,IF,Rgn,MF
mirajp1
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by mirajp1 »

flagstone prison is best if you are starting to build up your character as the drops are high which can be sold off for high value.

gargoyle caves are next which is tougher than prison.
I have always liked blackwater mountains in every way.It's my favourite grinding site with lots of xp and gold for levels upto 40-45.:)
Logic:
Lvl: 38, XP: 1006224, Gold: 69410, RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, GoLF: 1, ChaR: 0, SHAF: 0
HP: 83, AC: 219%, AD: 24-30, AP: 3, BC: 55%, DR: -1, CC: 22%, CM: 3
Restore HP/Kill: 2

currently affected by rotworm :D
Agonfirehart
android_version: 2.0

Post by Agonfirehart »

Thank you all very much.
I love the wolf cave for all the meat you get. Been though flagstone now and got myself that awesome weapon at the end. Im in the gargoyle cave waiting for respawns. 32 rocks, after reading how many some of you have grinded, not looking forward to it.
I remember the name of the White Wyrm, that is what I couldnt kill. Soon ill go get my revenge...
Thank you all again :-)
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=809

Here is a link to a thread on good places to go grind. Hope this link can be of some help
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------