v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

New to board - just some basic questions

Post your questions about game contents here. Want to know how to complete a quest, or where to go to find an item? Post here!
eduller
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

New to board - just some basic questions

Post by eduller »

Hi all,
I have been playing Andor's Trail for a couple months now, but I only just recently discovered these message boards. What a nice resource. I had been getting a little restless because it didn't seem like I was making any new progress, but then I found the boards and realized that's because we're all just waiting for another update!

I believe I have completed all quests that are able to be completed. I have mastered every area I can get to save the Iqhan caves (spelling?). I can limp my way through there, but I go through a ton of meat/potions/bonemeal and it seems like a waste. I figure I'll just go back when I'm higher level.

I recently started camping the gargoyle caves. I spend my time in the game going back and forth between there and the wolf caves, collecting meat and counting my small rocks (268, bleh).

I'm just wondering if there is anything I'm missing that I can do other than the caves. I'm level 27. Fighting with the dagger of the shadow priests, jewel of fallhaven, villain's ring, polished ring of backstabbing, villain's leather armor, leather cap, strong wooden tower shield, troublemaker's gloves, and woodcutter's boots. My boots, shield, and cap leave a little to be desired, but I don't really see much in the way of a suitable upgrade right now.

What do you all do to keep yourself engaged in the game? Any suggestions? I have toyed with the idea of taking a look at the code and trying my hand at making maps and quests.
Mino
VIP
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Re: New to board - just some basic questions

Post by Mino »

There's a few things that motivate me (and others) to keep playing.

1) Trying to get a complete set of the Legendary & Extraordinary items. If you're in the Gargoyle caves that's a good place to start because (imo) the RoLS offers the best aspects of both rings you currently use (Polished ring of backstabbing and Villain's ring). I used to have that same combination of rings too. If you have a RoLS and the ROL, the combination of Lifesteal and Shadow Regeneration will save you a lot of potions/meat.

2) Leveling up for skill points. There's a skill points topic in General Discussion but its probably been pushed back a page or 2. There's also leveling up just to get stronger or build up a gold reserve for future items in future updates.

3) A few players (not me personally) start new games to try out different strategies or see how things go knowing what they know now but didn't when they first started playing.

I find it to still be a very fun game even with all possible quests completed. I find discussion on the board keeps my interest in the game going too. So welcome to the boards!
Lvl: 206 XP: 159262572, Gold: 1657119, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 2, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 6, SRoV: 1, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 241, AP: 3, AC: 562%, AD: 116-130, CM: 3.0, ECC: 38%, BC: 139%, DR: 3

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18