v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

any tidbits of help needed

Post your questions about game contents here. Want to know how to complete a quest, or where to go to find an item? Post here!
deejamahl
android_version: 2.2

any tidbits of help needed

Post by deejamahl »

I'm stuck at the shack on the mountain pass. Made the mistake of coming up here without enough energy stockpiled. Level 26 and I can't make it further or go back down the mountain with what I have equipped. I'm thinking I may be stuck here until I level up high enough to make it through the next cave.

Can anyone help as to what I should equip to help me out?

-dj
mirajp1
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Re: any tidbits of help needed

Post by mirajp1 »

deejamahl wrote:I'm stuck at the shack on the mountain pass. Made the mistake of coming up here without enough energy stockpiled. Level 26 and I can't make it further or go back down the mountain with what I have equipped. I'm thinking I may be stuck here until I level up high enough to make it through the next cave.

-dj
well,if you rested in that bed than I m afraid that you dont have much choice.

I have one idea which i read here somewhere.

go out and kill some mobs but dont go too far that you have to use potions to come back to shack.
come back and take rest.
and again do this.
this way you will collect some potions.

I hope this helps
Logic:
Lvl: 38, XP: 1006224, Gold: 69410, RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, GoLF: 1, ChaR: 0, SHAF: 0
HP: 83, AC: 219%, AD: 24-30, AP: 3, BC: 55%, DR: -1, CC: 22%, CM: 3
Restore HP/Kill: 2

currently affected by rotworm :D
Stickboy

Post by Stickboy »

Stickboy | Lvl:92 | XP:14,044,412
HP:236 | AP:3(12) | AC:305% | AD:42-49 | CC:70% | CM:3.75 | BC:138%
MC:4 | BC:1 | CS:2 | QL:1 | Clv:2 | IF:3 | Reg:2 | MF:2 | CE: 2
RoLS:2 | RoL:1 | ELyR: 1 | Char: 5 | Golf: 1 | ShaF: 1 |

Ranidaphobe
deejamahl

Post by deejamahl »

mirajp1 wrote:
well,if you rested in that bed than I m afraid that you dont have much choice.

I have one idea which i read here somewhere.

go out and kill some mobs but dont go too far that you have to use potions to come back to shack.
come back and take rest.
and again do this.
this way you will collect some potions.

I hope this helps

This is what I've been doing since I got stuck here. Unfortunately I saved as soon as I got to the cabin. Think I got here around level 18 maybe? Sounds like I'm gonna trudge on! Thanks for offering to help.
mirajp1
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by mirajp1 »

get some short runs so you dont have to use potions. and wait lol
Logic:
Lvl: 38, XP: 1006224, Gold: 69410, RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, GoLF: 1, ChaR: 0, SHAF: 0
HP: 83, AC: 219%, AD: 24-30, AP: 3, BC: 55%, DR: -1, CC: 22%, CM: 3
Restore HP/Kill: 2

currently affected by rotworm :D
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

Yes, if you stay near the cabin and just pile up potions you will be able to make it back down again. Its a slow process but you can make it out of there.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
lady black
android_version: 12 - Android 12

Post by lady black »

I agree with Pyrizzle that what you want to do is stockpile potions, and then come back down, not go forward. I would spread level-ups through all 4 choices, as all will be useful. I can't really advise on skill points without knowing what you have already, except that you should have at least 1 in Increased Fortitude, and get your two in Combat Speed at 28 and 32. As someone just pointed out in another thread I read earlier today, 11AP is useless, you need to be level 30 to take the second level, so don't take the first level until just before you can take the second. Use the skill point you would waste on getting CS1 earlier for an immediately-useful skill instead.
I hope it made you feel at least a little bit better to know that others have been stuck there before you.
Good luck!
LVL 108; XP 23,138,749; Gold 1,827,209; 4/23/12
HP 130; AP 4/12; AC 328; AD 55-66; CC 9; CM 0; BC 127; DR 2
RoLS 4; RoL 2; ElyR 4; ChaR 11; GoLF 4; ShaF 4
S Rgn, SP: 1:CE,Ev,SM,EB,PB; 2:WA,HH,Cl,BS,MC,BC,CS,QL,IF,Rgn,MF
kerasi
android_version: 3.1 - Honeycomb

Post by kerasi »

deejamahl wrote:I'm stuck at the shack on the mountain pass. Made the mistake of coming up here without enough energy stockpiled. Level 26 and I can't make it further or go back down the mountain with what I have equipped. I'm thinking I may be stuck here until I level up high enough to make it through the next cave.

-dj
Yeah i did the same thing around level 19. Finished all the other quests so decided to head up the mountain and saved at the shack. Luckily i had 1 point in regeneration so i slowly headed back down. I'd have 1 fight, wait for hp to regen, save, rinse, repeat. Made a few other mistakes too. Wrong skill points chosen, sold DotSP/flagstones pride etc......I guess you live and learn won't make them again :p
Lvl: 54, XP: 2828096, Gold: 8478, RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 0, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 0
HP: 149, AC: 210%, AD: 63-69, AP: 2/12, CC: 0%, CM: -, BC: 31%, DR: 1