v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

"Remgard Area" & "Eastern Loneford" Quests

Post your questions about game contents here. Want to know how to complete a quest, or where to go to find an item? Post here!
inkyatari
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Re: "Remgard Area" & "Eastern Loneford" Quests

Post by inkyatari »

OK, I have

Of Mice and Men
Everything In Order
What is that stench

done

Working on

Old Friends
Difference In Opinion

The Five Idols
Bits and Pieces
An Involuntary Carrier
The Dark Protector
I Have It In Me

I'm looking and three of them are a chain on Involuntary Carrier. I think I know where to pick up Involuntary Carrier

I'm assuming since I killed Algangror I cannot do The Five Idols

The others aren't in Remgard? Should I just travel back to BWM area to continue Old Friends and Difference, and do the others?

Also, when I go to Rothses in Remgard to upgrade my armor, he says I don't have anything to upgrade. I did buy some boots from him, the Remgard boots. What can he upgrade?
Player Name: jim
Lvl:38 XP:1004121 AP:12/12 HP:123 AC:205% AD:22-33 CHS:34 CM:3.0 BC:50% DR:2
Skills:WA:1 HH:2 CS:2 QL:1 IF:1 Reg:1 MF:1 WP:1S:1 AP:L:1
L+E: RoLS: 1
Status Effects: SR
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

You are correct that An Involuntary Carrier, The Dark Protector, and I Have It In Me are all linked.

If you have completed What is that stench you can't do Five Idols.

Old Friends and Difference In Opinion do indeed require some serious traveling ;)

You could complete Bits and Pieces on your way beck from Remgard.

You can only upgrade a very limited number of pieces of armor, bought originally from Rothses. I thought one of them was the Remgard Boots though :?

Edit: You can upgrade Superior chain mail, Combat gloves, and the Remgard shield.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
tpaypp
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by tpaypp »

We should kill rats and help witch with idols, to get hat?
JonLin
android_version: 12 - Android 12

Post by JonLin »

tpaypp wrote:We should kill rats and help witch with idols, to get hat?
The trick is to not kill the witch or to talk about her. Then you do five idols and get the best amulet in the game. Which is much better than the improved combat shield or the feathered hat.
Level242 HP692 AP4 AC385 AD176-200 BC230
Fighting Style: Way of the Monk
RoLS2 RoL2 ElyR2 ChaR1 GoLF2 ShaF5
SRoV3 VSH6 WMC4 GoW4 HoF2 BD1 HS1 WoB2
Tomcat
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Post by Tomcat »

In the Allaceph cave, after you kill the lich, whenever you step on his old spot, you get a message saying that here are the remains of the lich you just killed, but there is no visual.

Now that we have maps that can respond to change, it would be fun to come up with an image that is added to represent the dead lich and add it to that spot. Hopefully I can take a look at doing that.

Can anyone think of other spots that could benefit from map tweaks like that?

Not a big priority, I realize...
Norbert
Lvl:52 XP:2597576 AP:12 HP:124 AC:282 AD:30-42 CHS:27 CM:2.0 ECC:18% BC:132 DR:2
Skills: CS:2 IF:2 Ev:3 Rg:1 DgPro:1 1HPro:2 LtAPro:2 FS-DW:2 Sp-DW:1
Equip: FP BSS JoF RoP PRoB SrpHbk GoLF EnhCH EnhCB
Other: DotSP VD GoW FB TG RoD+6 Oegyth:6
Tomcat
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Post by Tomcat »

In The Dark Protector quest, after you get the rotworms, kill the lich, find the strange looking helmet, and go back to report to Ulirfendor about all three, he brushes off the helmet, telling you to get the rotworms taken care of first. However, the DP quest log still just says that you should go ask U about it. I'd like to add an entry that says something like "After being healed of the rotworms, I should go back to Ulirfendor and ask him again about the strange-looking helmet."

Not that most players wouldn't think to go back, but since you have mentioned it once, I think the quest log should reflect that.

Another thing I hope to fix myself - work project from hell getting in the way.
Norbert
Lvl:52 XP:2597576 AP:12 HP:124 AC:282 AD:30-42 CHS:27 CM:2.0 ECC:18% BC:132 DR:2
Skills: CS:2 IF:2 Ev:3 Rg:1 DgPro:1 1HPro:2 LtAPro:2 FS-DW:2 Sp-DW:1
Equip: FP BSS JoF RoP PRoB SrpHbk GoLF EnhCH EnhCB
Other: DotSP VD GoW FB TG RoD+6 Oegyth:6
ace
VIP
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by ace »

Tomcat wrote:
Can anyone think of other spots that could benefit from map tweaks like that?
When you kill all the rats in algrangor's[or whatever] basement and after talking to her you realize that you actually killed innocent people. So if those rats turns into dead people after talking to witch, then people might really hate her when they check her basement again.
the secrets of shadow and light
be happy :lol:
https://facebook.com/andorstrail
rijackson741

Post by rijackson741 »

Tomcat wrote:Now that we have maps that can respond to change, it would be fun to come up with an image that is added to represent the dead lich and add it to that spot. Hopefully I can take a look at doing that..
I've made changes to that map, so if you make other changes we need to make sure they are coordinated.
Tomcat wrote:In The Dark Protector quest, after you get the rotworms, kill the lich, find the strange looking helmet, and go back to report to Ulirfendor about all three, he brushes off the helmet, telling you to get the rotworms taken care of first. However, the DP quest log still just says that you should go ask U about it. I'd like to add an entry that says something like "After being healed of the rotworms, I should go back to Ulirfendor and ask him again about the strange-looking helmet.".
We should discuss this too. The interleaved quests are a real mess. There are several errors and bad pieces of logic that happen to cancel each other out. If you make any changes you have to be very careful that it does not break something.
ace wrote:So if those rats turns into dead people after talking to witch, then people might really hate her when they check her basement again.
The first problem would be the sprites. I don't think we have any that are suitable for lich remains or dead people.
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

rijackson741 wrote:
ace wrote:So if those rats turns into dead people after talking to witch, then people might really hate her when they check her basement again.
The first problem would be the sprites. I don't think we have any that are suitable for lich remains or dead people.
what about the sprites we used in Bits & Pieces?
Thorin needed help gathering the skeletal remains of his six companions...
(before the spider caves on the way to Remgard)
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
rijackson741

Post by rijackson741 »

That's true, there are some sprites for skeletal remains. There are also some blood splatters too. Nothing for "freshly dead" people though.