unable to get skeleton bones in cabin

Post your questions about game contents here. Want to know how to complete a quest, or where to go to find an item? Post here!
phoenix82
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:10 am
android_version: 3.0

unable to get skeleton bones in cabin

Post by phoenix82 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:36 am

I dunno if its a bug or I'm doing something wrong but I have killed all skeletons in abandoned cabin and last two skeletons in back room of cabin basement for quest involving 5 skeleton bones and haven't received any bones from monsters just finding empty vials... so I cant get bonemail potion...Without the potion I can't carry on thru the quests. Also can't find fourth sheep to put a bell necklace on. If I would uninstall and reload the game could I keep my character and status n weaponry? Any help or feedback is appreciated. I'm level 9 and been playing a few months. Haven't leveled up much since death experience loss is so high, even though I've used two skill points on the category that elimates ur death percentage penalty by 20%. It seems insanely high that I lose so much experience every time I die...bug or normal?

User avatar
nyktos
VIP
Posts: 3461
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:38 pm
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat
Location: Nor City, Dhayavar

Re: unable to get skeleton bones in cabin

Post by nyktos » Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:38 am

Welcome to the forum!!!

:D

bones are a pain to get early...

you have to kill a skeleton to get a bone (usually)
they don't drop them often, so you might have to kill quite a few...
if you have found the right cabin, they are on the bottom level...
there are only five - so i would save & camp down there.
there are other options like...
Flagstone Prison
"Embrace the Shadow"

Image

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]

thk
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed May 02, 2012 9:30 am
android_version: 4.0

Re: unable to get skeleton bones in cabin

Post by thk » Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:58 am

As Nyktos said, bones do not drop often, but the skeletons in the cabin will re-spawn after some time. Just leave the cabin, wait three minutes and have another go -- if you do that often enough, you will get your 5 bones :)
Level: 30, XP: 514147, Gold: 23814
HP: 67(60), AC: 177(110)%, AD: 21-28(20), CC: 16%, CM: 3.0, BC: 51(0)%, DR: 1(0)
Combat Speed: 2
Increased Fortitude: 2
Regeneration: 2
Pure Blood: 1
Dark blessing of the Shadow: 1

lady black
Posts: 566
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:18 pm
android_version: 2.2
Location: Chicago area, Illinois, USA

Re: unable to get skeleton bones in cabin

Post by lady black » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:36 pm

I believe that reinstalling would mean starting over. Experience loss is 30% of the XP accumulated in the current level. To avoid this without using your skill points, save your game often, especially before a fight with a strong monster. If you die, exit to the opening menu and load the last saved game. You often see the advice "save early, save often" given on these boards. (Just wait until you are at a high level, with half a million XP, almost ready to level up, haven't saved in quite a while because you are feeling immortal, and several strong monsters get lucky critical hits and suddenly you are waking up from a coma, minus 150,000XP!) Save often! After every fight can be a good idea, at least until you can build up your HP and other stats a bit. And always save if you get an object in a drop that you have never seen before. Once you pick it up, you will not lose it if you die, but if you load a game saved before you got the object, you will not have it any more.
Good hunting for your bones.
LVL 108; XP 23,138,749; Gold 1,827,209; 4/23/12
HP 130; AP 4/12; AC 328; AD 55-66; CC 9; CM 0; BC 127; DR 2
RoLS 4; RoL 2; ElyR 4; ChaR 11; GoLF 4; ShaF 4
S Rgn, SP: 1:CE,Ev,SM,EB,PB; 2:WA,HH,Cl,BS,MC,BC,CS,QL,IF,Rgn,MF

User avatar
fiernaq
Posts: 695
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:49 pm
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Re: unable to get skeleton bones in cabin

Post by fiernaq » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:33 pm

I struggled to level up my first character until I began reading these forums and learned a few key methods to help stay alive and prevent xp loss. Saving is definitely a good idea but if you have to save after every fight because you die that often then you're probably doing something wrong. I didn't do the bonemeal quest until around level 14 or so and at that point I already had a few pieces of equipment that really strengthened my character because they fit in with the skills I chose. If you're interested in some heavy reading you could follow along in the thread I used to ask questions of all the older players here. That thread details several of the best strategies for starting out at low level and you could probably learn quite a bit from them as I did.
Yes, bone has a very low drop rate from the 5 skeletons in the basement of the abandoned house. Kill all 5, go wait in the little room that has 2 for 3 minutes and kill any that spawn there while you wait then go kill the 3 that spawned outside again. Keep doing that till you have 5 bones (took me about 15 minutes of waiting for respawns).
As for the sheep, I believe there are 4 just northwest of the guy who owns the sheep, another 2 or 3 to the southwest spread out quite a bit and at least 1 to the southeast closer to the guardpost. There are 8 total iirc.
I rarely use bonemeal potions but part of that is because I barely have 40 HP and I try to keep my health up with meat so that I don't die from an unlucky crit on me. Uninstalling and reinstalling the game will (at least on my device) leave my save files intact however to be safe, navigate to your phones internal storage and copy the Andors Trail folder to an SD card. However, reinstalling the game probably won't change anything for you because I don't think you're encountering a bug. Instead, I would suggest you go grind out the snake caves a bit more to gain meat and work on collecting some better equipment such as
Jewel of Fallhaven from the armor vendor in Fallhaven for the -1 AP cost
Vacor or Unzel's boots depending on if you're going for an AC/AD heavy build or a BC heavy build
Villain or Backstabbers rings from the vendor in the thieves guild in Fallhaven and dude in the tower at the crossroads respectively again depending on whether you're going for AC/AD or big criticals
Level: 58, HP: 102, AC: 295%, AD: 46-56, AP: 2/12, BC: 35%, DR: 4
Gold: 75235 | RoLS: 0 RoL: 0 SRoV: 0 VSH: 0
Skills: IF1, Ev1, Ev2, Ev3, CE1, CS1, CS2, Re1, WA1, HH1, Cl1, HH2, DaggerPro1, LightArmorPro1, ShieldPro1, WA2, Cl2
Equipment: Enhanced Combat Helmet, Serpent's Hauberk, Marrowtaint, Quickstrike Dagger, Remgard Shield, Villain's Ring, Villain's Ring, Leather Gloves Of Attack, Enhanced Combat Boots
Last Updated: 02-Dec-2013

Sarumar
VIP
Posts: 3274
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 4:36 pm
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean
Location: www.hel.fi

Re: unable to get skeleton bones in cabin

Post by Sarumar » Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:08 pm

fiernaq wrote:I struggled to level up my first character until I began reading these forums and learned a few key methods to help stay alive and prevent xp loss. Saving is definitely a good idea but if you have to save after every fight because you die that often then you're probably doing something wrong. I didn't do the bonemeal quest until around level 14 or so and at that point I already had a few pieces of equipment that really strengthened my character because they fit in with the skills I chose. If you're interested in some heavy reading you could follow along in the thread I used to ask questions of all the older players here. That thread details several of the best strategies for starting out at low level and you could probably learn quite a bit from them as I did.
Yes, bone has a very low drop rate from the 5 skeletons in the basement of the abandoned house. Kill all 5, go wait in the little room that has 2 for 3 minutes and kill any that spawn there while you wait then go kill the 3 that spawned outside again. Keep doing that till you have 5 bones (took me about 15 minutes of waiting for respawns).
As for the sheep, I believe there are 4 just northwest of the guy who owns the sheep, another 2 or 3 to the southwest spread out quite a bit and at least 1 to the southeast closer to the guardpost. There are 8 total iirc.
I rarely use bonemeal potions but part of that is because I barely have 40 HP and I try to keep my health up with meat so that I don't die from an unlucky crit on me. Uninstalling and reinstalling the game will (at least on my device) leave my save files intact however to be safe, navigate to your phones internal storage and copy the Andors Trail folder to an SD card. However, reinstalling the game probably won't change anything for you because I don't think you're encountering a bug. Instead, I would suggest you go grind out the snake caves a bit more to gain meat and work on collecting some better equipment such as
Jewel of Fallhaven from the armor vendor in Fallhaven for the -1 AP cost
Vacor or Unzel's boots depending on if you're going for an AC/AD heavy build or a BC heavy build
Villain or Backstabbers rings from the vendor in the thieves guild in Fallhaven and dude in the tower at the crossroads respectively again depending on whether you're going for AC/AD or big criticals
+1 Really nice tips for newbies here
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1

Pyrizzle
VIP
Posts: 6436
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:00 am
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow
Location: Fire Nation HQ

Re: unable to get skeleton bones in cabin

Post by Pyrizzle » Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:02 am

+1 all around! Great advice everyone! You guys took everything i was gonna say. :lol:

Bonemeal potions... Tisk Tisk, Lord G would be so dissapointed in you all. :P I'm a good law abiding citizen on my new build, no people potions for me. :)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

User avatar
ednielsen
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:35 am
android_version: 2.0
Location: US
Contact:

Re: unable to get skeleton bones in cabin

Post by ednielsen » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:33 am

this forum seems nice as everyone is contributing their ideas and which it can enlighten those who needs some tips.
"You shower me with the words made of bear knife whenever you look at me I wish I was her."

lady black
Posts: 566
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:18 pm
android_version: 2.2
Location: Chicago area, Illinois, USA

Re: unable to get skeleton bones in cabin

Post by lady black » Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:14 am

ednielsen wrote:this forum seems nice as everyone is contributing their ideas and which it can enlighten those who needs some tips.
Yes, that is what this forum is about: contributing to the game experience for all. Getting help when we are new and helping others when we have become experienced. (And helping with development as we can.)
LVL 108; XP 23,138,749; Gold 1,827,209; 4/23/12
HP 130; AP 4/12; AC 328; AD 55-66; CC 9; CM 0; BC 127; DR 2
RoLS 4; RoL 2; ElyR 4; ChaR 11; GoLF 4; ShaF 4
S Rgn, SP: 1:CE,Ev,SM,EB,PB; 2:WA,HH,Cl,BS,MC,BC,CS,QL,IF,Rgn,MF

Pyrizzle
VIP
Posts: 6436
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:00 am
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow
Location: Fire Nation HQ

Re: unable to get skeleton bones in cabin

Post by Pyrizzle » Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:44 am

lady black wrote:
ednielsen wrote:this forum seems nice as everyone is contributing their ideas and which it can enlighten those who needs some tips.
Yes, that is what this forum is about: contributing to the game experience for all. Getting help when we are new and helping others when we have become experienced. (And helping with development as we can.)
+1 This is truly a wonderful community. I'm blessed to have met you all.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post Reply