A few questions...

Post your questions about game contents here. Want to know how to complete a quest, or where to go to find an item? Post here!
reddevil
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

A few questions...

Post by reddevil »

OK so i've had the game for an epically long time now, like, since before you could get north of the 4 puppy things with the boar area JUSt east of Crossglen...few other examples i could name but anyway, I have never actually gotten very far yet, I'm starting to play again now, with all the new updates, skills are new to me, the new maps and stuff, so I'm starting to play with some more seriousness now. so I have some questions to make things a little smoother?

As far as a build, I was thinking, so far up to 15 I could get like 3 points yea? So, first one being Increased Fortitude, and then i got More crits first, then better crits...and putting stat points into chance and damage. I don't think I'd ever put points into HP because of Increased Fortitude, and having really high chance and good block/resistance, if stuff dies as soon as I attack it, you don't really need health much right?

1. last time I checked regeneration wasn't working, the update when skills first came out, is it now?

2. Ones like, treasure hunter, quick learner, Merchant, failure mastery, those are more like, preference right? does anyone suggest getting any of these early, or otherwise?

3. Does Magic Finder help like finding the rol/rols, and what is that anyway, i keep seeing the abbreviation but i don't know what it stands for...

4. Should I get weapon accuracy, hard hit, dodge and bark skin early or if ever?

5. Corpse eater vs Regeneration, would I ever need both?

6. Is finding Damage Resistance stuff better than a higher block chance item? referring to like stuff in Vilegard armory, but I had a hard leather body, resistance 1 and block chance was 5, and I was looking at the Rigid Chain mail is 23 bc and lost the resistance stat, it feels like stuff hurts more now.

7. Can we get into Nor City yet? the path going all the way east as far east as you can ends abruptly right where Nor city should be. And I heard brimhaven and one other place...talking to the mage looking person in the CrossRoad place, are those places we can go to as well?

8. cheap cuts and the other guy with the put the bells on the sheep, I found the cheap cuts guy, but I should do the Bell one first, where is that quester located at?

I might have some more questions later. I don't know if these are all answered somewhere else already, I did look around a bit but I couldn't find exactly what I was looking for...

THANK YOU FOR AN AWESOME GAME OMG OMG OMG I love it, you guys have a new AT addict in the making. I've got like 8 different save files going right now as I play with stuff.
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Re: A few questions...

Post by Antison »

reddevil wrote: 1. last time I checked regeneration wasn't working, the update when skills first came out, is it now?
Regeneration works and has always worked. Outside of a battle, wait 6 seconds and 1 hp will be restored. It does not work like the shadow regeneration (given by the RoLS) in that it has no blue 1 floating over your head animation.
reddevil wrote: 2. Ones like, treasure hunter, quick learner, Merchant, failure mastery, those are more like, preference right? does anyone suggest getting any of these early, or otherwise?
I used quick learner in my main build and I regret doing so. The others you mentioned I would never consider using.
reddevil wrote: 3. Does Magic Finder help like finding the rol/rols, and what is that anyway, i keep seeing the abbreviation but i don't know what it stands for...
Magic finder does help. If you are going to use it, I recommend 2 levels as it cuts the odds in half. See the Legendary & Extraordinary items topic posted by Samuel for an explanation on what the RoL & RoLS are.
reddevil wrote: 4. Should I get weapon accuracy, hard hit, dodge and bark skin early or if ever?
If you want Cleave, you need to skill-up weapon accuracy & hard hit. I love Bark Skin. As far as when to use them, that's your decision to make. :D
reddevil wrote: 5. Corpse eater vs Regeneration, would I ever need both?
My second build has both. Regeneration is very useful if you are not planning to hunt for the RoLS.
reddevil wrote: 6. Is finding Damage Resistance stuff better than a higher block chance item? referring to like stuff in Vilegard armory, but I had a hard leather body, resistance 1 and block chance was 5, and I was looking at the Rigid Chain mail is 23 bc and lost the resistance stat, it feels like stuff hurts more now.
I have battled this question a lot in my head for a year+ now. The way I looked at it before was this: "If they can't hit you, then you don't need to worry about DR". However, my thought process has changed a little bit on this with my third character build. This build is still defensive-minded with high BC, but if the item doesn't weaken me overall too much I will use an item with DR and a lower BC. The Hard leather armor is a perfect example, in fact I debated your exact scenario and picked the leather.
reddevil wrote: 7. Can we get into Nor City yet? the path going all the way east as far east as you can ends abruptly right where Nor city should be. And I heard brimhaven and one other place...talking to the mage looking person in the CrossRoad place, are those places we can go to as well?
Nor City and Brimhaven are not implemented in the latest version, which is 0.6.11
reddevil wrote: 8. cheap cuts and the other guy with the put the bells on the sheep, I found the cheap cuts guy, but I should do the Bell one first, where is that quester located at?
One or the other. You cannot do both quest. Find Tinlyn in the field to do the bell quest.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
reddevil

Post by reddevil »

Awesome, thank you man!
Doni G

Post by Doni G »

reddevil wrote:
8. cheap cuts and the other guy with the put the bells on the sheep, I found the cheap cuts guy, but I should do the Bell one first, where is that quester located at?

One or the other. You cannot do both quest. Find Tinlyn in the field to do the bell quest.
It is not true, you can do both quests, just first do Tinlyn's quest with bells and then Cheap Cuts.
Lvl: 1, XP: 844612, Gold: 23880,
RoLS: 1, ElyR: 0, Rol: 0, ChaR: 0, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 0, SRoV: 0, VSH: 0,
HP: 36, AC: 123%, AD: 15-23, AP: 5, ECC: 24%, CM: 3.0, BC: 50%, DR: 6
Quests done: 35
reddevil

Post by reddevil »

Yea, Id seen about Tinlyns from another thread was how I knew about it, mentioned you could do both. Just hadnt been able to find him yet. The ant things were a bit hard for my level still.
fiernaq

Post by fiernaq »

Here I was going to answer all the great questions you had but after reading Tek's response I agree with everything he said :lol:

The one thing I will mention is in regards to Corpse Eater vs. Regeneration. I used to think Regeneration was one of the best skills to get and would in fact make it the second skill I took (at level 8 after Increased Fortitude and some extra base HP) but I've come to realize that for my build it slows down progression early on. Corpse Eater is, IMHO, the better of the two skills and if you only took one or the other, I'd choose CE. The RoL gives a Corpse Eater-esque ability and the RoLs gives a Regeneration-esque ability and both weapon abilities stack with the skills (although you can only gain the regen from one RoLs at a time even if you're wearing two). I guess it all depends on your build and what you want to do. There are so many valid routes to go that there really is no "wrong" answer, just play around a bit, maybe make a save game and then test out both skills before deciding... you'll soon discover which one suits your playing style better.

My favorite build is still barehanded with heavy AC and AD. At 12 AP that's 6 attacks I get; high AC helps ensure that all 6 hit and high AD makes each hit hurt. I also went 4/4 in the Evasion skill on my most recent game which helps prevent monsters from attacking me first. That change alone made a HUGE difference to my survivability and speed.
Level: 58, HP: 102, AC: 295%, AD: 46-56, AP: 2/12, BC: 35%, DR: 4
Gold: 75235 | RoLS: 0 RoL: 0 SRoV: 0 VSH: 0
Skills: IF1, Ev1, Ev2, Ev3, CE1, CS1, CS2, Re1, WA1, HH1, Cl1, HH2, DaggerPro1, LightArmorPro1, ShieldPro1, WA2, Cl2
Equipment: Enhanced Combat Helmet, Serpent's Hauberk, Marrowtaint, Quickstrike Dagger, Remgard Shield, Villain's Ring, Villain's Ring, Leather Gloves Of Attack, Enhanced Combat Boots
Last Updated: 02-Dec-2013
Mino
VIP
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by Mino »

I also mostly agree with Tek, and Doni already covered the sheep quests, so I'll just add a couple more notes.

I also recommend a combination of Regeneration and Corpse Eater. Regeneration will work while you're walking around, or if you need to hide in a corner for a little while. But I would get impatient and want to get back to fighting, and that's where Corpse Eater is great because you can still kill things and get the HP from that. If you go after some smaller creatures you can also heal up faster than with Regeneration.

Treasure Hunter might be good if you don't want to level up too much. You wouldn't have to grind as much for the gold you need to buy the higher level gear.

I recommend getting Weapon Accuracy and Hard Hit so you can get at least one level of Cleave. In v0.6.10 there was just one spot where you were forced to take on 2 or more monsters at once, but there's been more in v0.6.11, so it seems like this will only become more helpful in the future.

In my main game, I used 10 skill points on Magic Finder and got the items fairly quick. Its still based on luck though, so when I do this again, I'll probably just put 2 into that skill.

Quick Learner is good if you want to level up a lot. You miss out on other skills, but the benefit is you can increase your AD, AC, BC or HP from the regular level ups that you'll get to more quickly. I also have 10 QL in my main game, and in the new one I recently started, I plan to do the same but not until after I have all the other skills I want.

There's more Damage Resistance items in the newest version so I personally wouldn't use any skill points on Bark Skin, unless you want another skill that requires it.

You can also increase your Critical Hit Skill (don't bother increasing the multiplier unless its a requirement for something else you want). Even with some creatures now immune to critical hits, its still helpful against anything that's not.
Lvl: 206 XP: 159262572, Gold: 1657119, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 2, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 6, SRoV: 1, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 241, AP: 3, AC: 562%, AD: 116-130, CM: 3.0, ECC: 38%, BC: 139%, DR: 3

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18
reddevil

Post by reddevil »

Sounds good, I'll get up there and give some updates later.