v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Hello! first post + been lurking for awhile :)

Post your questions about game contents here. Want to know how to complete a quest, or where to go to find an item? Post here!
Nephlim
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Hello! first post + been lurking for awhile :)

Post by Nephlim »

so I am currently stuck in the cave with the ancient allacephs, and the 2x vaeregh's blocking my path.

in my signature are my stats.. I think.

i am having a god awful time bypassing them! what do i need to work on getting?

heres my current equipment. i've saved every rare i've come across since.

helm: crude leather cap
chest: villains leather armour
neck: jewel of fallahaven
weapon: i have 2x i rotate. Flagstone's price. shadow of the slayer.
gloves: troublemakers gloves
boots: defenders boots
shield: wooden deender
ring: I have 3x rings i rotate, 2x are polished ring of backstabbing 1x is ring of shadow embrace, and another ring ( is +5 damage) from prior patches.

extra items in my inventory are...

necklace of the protector, dagger of the shadow priests, stone cuirass, jinxed ring of damage resistance,quickstrike dagger

so i feel like i should not be in the above listed cave..

i have the following quests which arent completed.

search for andor.
lost treasures.

nothing extra, not sure where i need to go.. i feel like i've done alot in the game. any help / tips would be appreciated. spoilers accepted.
current stats
lvl 25
98life
3 ap cost
135% attack chance
19-24 damage
31 crit hit
2.5 multiplier
19% effective crit
50% block
1 damage resistance
ap 11/11
pm me for more like tips? idk what to go for.. been roaming for weeks/ months
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Re: Hello! first post + been lurking for awhile :)

Post by Antison »

Level 25 :!: IMO, you are slightly over your head. I did it at 32, but it was a struggle at best and I've been playing A.T. for a long time.

I would head back to the Iqhan cave and level-up to at least 30.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Nephlim

Post by Nephlim »

i thought i was pretty low, but i steamrolled the other places with ease, bonemeal potions are quite useful :) for a measly 510 gold per stack of 10!

i didn't find anything notable in the iqhan caves... a guy who gave mea a crappy dagger.. but yeah.. not much else. anything you think i needa work on? i had a question about AC and what is a ROL and a roLs?
current stats
lvl 25
98life
3 ap cost
135% attack chance
19-24 damage
31 crit hit
2.5 multiplier
19% effective crit
50% block
1 damage resistance
ap 11/11
Mino
VIP
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by Mino »

My secondary game was at level 48, and a bit more challenged by the Allacephs than my main build.
One thing I've learned to appreciate a lot more is the "Flee" option. You take 2 swings, flee, move away, then attack again. It was really helpful when I couldn't kill them in one turn.

A couple suggestions on your equipment.
Switch out Flagstone's pride for the Dagger of the Shadow Priests. The DotSP is the best of the critical hit weapons. It might have a little less AD than Flagstone's pride but it has a higher critical hit chance and multiplier. Then use 2 Polished Rings of Backstabbing, to maximize your effective critical chance.

The Shadow of the Slayer is good in that it restores HP, but it has too high an attack cost, so hopefully you have a lot of potions stocked up.

Can you also list which skills you have so far? Looks like you have Combat Speed 1, but otherwise I can't tell. If you don't have it yet, I'd recommend working your way to Cleave, its helpful when you can't avoid attacking more than 1 creature at a time. If you already have that one, the quickstrike dagger would help make the most of it until you get to combat speed level 2.

When you make your way out of the caves, I'd also get the Balanced Steel Sword, its a good non-critical weapon, which could help against anything immune to criticals. And 2 Villain's Rings will go well with that since they have a higher AC and potential AD than the Polished Rings of Backstabbing. If you've been around BWM/Prim and have some speed potions, those can help in combination with the quickstrike dagger.

Good luck!
Lvl: 206 XP: 159262572, Gold: 1657119, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 2, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 6, SRoV: 1, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 241, AP: 3, AC: 562%, AD: 116-130, CM: 3.0, ECC: 38%, BC: 139%, DR: 3

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Nephlim wrote:what is a ROL and roLs?
legendary items
Iqhan cave gives lot of xp to level-up
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

Welcome to the Forums!

:D
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
Nephlim

Post by Nephlim »

Mino wrote:My secondary game was at level 48, and a bit more challenged by the Allacephs than my main build.
One thing I've learned to appreciate a lot more is the "Flee" option. You take 2 swings, flee, move away, then attack again. It was really helpful when I couldn't kill them in one turn.

A couple suggestions on your equipment.
Switch out Flagstone's pride for the Dagger of the Shadow Priests. The DotSP is the best of the critical hit weapons. It might have a little less AD than Flagstone's pride but it has a higher critical hit chance and multiplier. Then use 2 Polished Rings of Backstabbing, to maximize your effective critical chance.

The Shadow of the Slayer is good in that it restores HP, but it has too high an attack cost, so hopefully you have a lot of potions stocked up.

Can you also list which skills you have so far? Looks like you have Combat Speed 1, but otherwise I can't tell. If you don't have it yet, I'd recommend working your way to Cleave, its helpful when you can't avoid attacking more than 1 creature at a time. If you already have that one, the quickstrike dagger would help make the most of it until you get to combat speed level 2.

When you make your way out of the caves, I'd also get the Balanced Steel Sword, its a good non-critical weapon, which could help against anything immune to criticals. And 2 Villain's Rings will go well with that since they have a higher AC and potential AD than the Polished Rings of Backstabbing. If you've been around BWM/Prim and have some speed potions, those can help in combination with the quickstrike dagger.

Good luck!
really appreciate your input man!

i thought about the speed pots, really had no idea from the hit and flee thing.. gonna try that out. i'm sure the duo packs would be much easier. what's this talk about rols and rol? or something liek that?

my skills are as followed.. i honestly just put random stuff when it first came out...

weapon accuracy (1)
hard hit (1)
more criticals(1)
better criticals(1)
combat speed (1)
magic find(1)

i might end up making a new char now that i know alot more about the game from experience.. havent decided yet though.
current stats
lvl 25
98life
3 ap cost
135% attack chance
19-24 damage
31 crit hit
2.5 multiplier
19% effective crit
50% block
1 damage resistance
ap 11/11
phydeaux
VIP
android_version: 5.1 - Lolipop
Location: Gargoyle cavern, blindly hacking mobs to pieces till I find a rols!

Post by phydeaux »

ROLS = ring of lesser shadow
ROL = rapier of lifesteal

They are both legendary items, which means you have to go somewhere and usually kill a lot of certain monsters to get them.
Look here: http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?p=2489#p2489
Happy hunting :)
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

Welcom to the forums !

If you have hard time to deal those demons look here
those ones are immunity to criticals, have high DR 10 and regen 10 hp in every battle round
. So switch to Gutspitter...
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
reddevil

Post by reddevil »

Where's that weapon located?