RoLs, rocks n gems, ring of lesser shadow/loneford illness

Post your questions about game contents here. Want to know how to complete a quest, or where to go to find an item? Post here!
Vathas
android_version: 8.0

Re: RoLs, rocks n gems, ring of lesser shadow/loneford illness

Post by Vathas »

I realise that this is an old game/thread, but I would like to throw my very unfortunate experience out there in the hope that there is a solution. I play on android. I have gotten new phones over the years and always have to start over when I do. That being said, this is my 4th fresh start. Story wise, my highest point of completion is BWM quest line. This is because I have spent most of my time grinding for RoLS and RoL on all 4 play through. Normally I dont save and reload and on my first account grinding for the 2 items took me to level 54. Very little questing and mostly just grinding for the 2 rare items. Fast forward to 2020 and covid downtime. I leveled from lvl 18 to 27 just on RoLS farm before I started the save reload method. At this point i have spent almost 2 months playing hours a day with no waiting, just killing. 13 enemies in less than 30 seconds. We will say on average I kill about 1500 per hour of play, for months now, and no ring. I'm confident in saying that i have killed well over 50,000 ( realistically probably over 100,000 ) just on this playthrough. Killing the gargoyle trainers in the cave east of the foaming tavern just so we all know I'm killing the right mobs. No ring...... I'm just about done playing this game because I feel like I should have had both the ring and the rapier on more than one occasion and I have neither. So for those of you banking on 1 ring per 10k, I wish you luck. However, if anyone knows of a reason for this misfortune, I would love to have a solution.
CUCHULAINN3
android_version: 13 - Android 13

Post by CUCHULAINN3 »

Vathas wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:20 pm I realise that this is an old game/thread, but I would like to throw my very unfortunate experience out there in the hope that there is a solution. I play on android. I have gotten new phones over the years and always have to start over when I do. That being said, this is my 4th fresh start. Story wise, my highest point of completion is BWM quest line. This is because I have spent most of my time grinding for RoLS and RoL on all 4 play through. Normally I dont save and reload and on my first account grinding for the 2 items took me to level 54. Very little questing and mostly just grinding for the 2 rare items. Fast forward to 2020 and covid downtime. I leveled from lvl 18 to 27 just on RoLS farm before I started the save reload method. At this point i have spent almost 2 months playing hours a day with no waiting, just killing. 13 enemies in less than 30 seconds. We will say on average I kill about 1500 per hour of play, for months now, and no ring. I'm confident in saying that i have killed well over 50,000 ( realistically probably over 100,000 ) just on this playthrough. Killing the gargoyle trainers in the cave east of the foaming tavern just so we all know I'm killing the right mobs. No ring...... I'm just about done playing this game because I feel like I should have had both the ring and the rapier on more than one occasion and I have neither. So for those of you banking on 1 ring per 10k, I wish you luck. However, if anyone knows of a reason for this misfortune, I would love to have a solution.
You don't need it to play the game. I never go after it until I complete everything. Also did you put skills in magic finder? And since you are on Android why not kill them then go to a safe corner and hit the tab on the bottom of your screen and scroll through face book for 2 minutes. The respawn by then. But it works only for respawning and not the health
Sinn Féin~~~saighdiúir éireannach
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

Vathas wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:20 pm I'm confident in saying that i have killed well over 50,000 ( realistically probably over 100,000 ) just on this playthrough.

However, if anyone knows of a reason for this misfortune, I would love to have a solution.
It's just bad luck, and there is no solution for that.
You can look up your most killed monster in your stats, no you don't need to guess how many you killed.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

You don't need the RoLS. Get the Ring of the Protector and the Regression skill. It's not quite equivalent but it's damn close and close enough that you don't have to grind for the RoLS
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Vathas

Post by Vathas »

rijackson741 wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:37 pm
Vathas wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:20 pm I'm confident in saying that i have killed well over 50,000 ( realistically probably over 100,000 ) just on this playthrough.

However, if anyone knows of a reason for this misfortune, I would love to have a solution.
It's just bad luck, and there is no solution for that.
You can look up your most killed monster in your stats, no you don't need to guess how many you killed.
I have been reloading my game over and over so I dont wait for respawns. My kills aren't recorded.
Vathas

Post by Vathas »

Antison wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:45 pm You don't need the RoLS. Get the Ring of the Protector and the Regression skill. It's not quite equivalent but it's damn close and close enough that you don't have to grind for the RoLS
Yeah I may just give up on the legendaries. I have the balanced steel sword for now and the villains ring. Not exactly the very best but for my level I'm doing fine. It's just annoying to spend that much time grinding for nothing. And I literally haven't left the gargoyle cave since I got there at the end of March except to buy equipment and I had to restock on meat one time.
Vathas

Post by Vathas »

CUCHULAINN3 wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:37 pm
Vathas wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:20 pm I realise that this is an old game/thread, but I would like to throw my very unfortunate experience out there in the hope that there is a solution. I play on android. I have gotten new phones over the years and always have to start over when I do. That being said, this is my 4th fresh start. Story wise, my highest point of completion is BWM quest line. This is because I have spent most of my time grinding for RoLS and RoL on all 4 play through. Normally I dont save and reload and on my first account grinding for the 2 items took me to level 54. Very little questing and mostly just grinding for the 2 rare items. Fast forward to 2020 and covid downtime. I leveled from lvl 18 to 27 just on RoLS farm before I started the save reload method. At this point i have spent almost 2 months playing hours a day with no waiting, just killing. 13 enemies in less than 30 seconds. We will say on average I kill about 1500 per hour of play, for months now, and no ring. I'm confident in saying that i have killed well over 50,000 ( realistically probably over 100,000 ) just on this playthrough. Killing the gargoyle trainers in the cave east of the foaming tavern just so we all know I'm killing the right mobs. No ring...... I'm just about done playing this game because I feel like I should have had both the ring and the rapier on more than one occasion and I have neither. So for those of you banking on 1 ring per 10k, I wish you luck. However, if anyone knows of a reason for this misfortune, I would love to have a solution.
You don't need it to play the game. I never go after it until I complete everything. Also did you put skills in magic finder? And since you are on Android why not kill them then go to a safe corner and hit the tab on the bottom of your screen and scroll through face book for 2 minutes. The respawn by then. But it works only for respawning and not the health

No points in magic finder this time. My first playthrough had 1 point for sure, maybe 2, dont remember for certain.
Tomcat
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Post by Tomcat »

The RoLS is distinctive in that it is the most generally useful of the L/E items, but not so distinctive that it's worth losing your enjoyment of the game to find one.
Norbert
Lvl:52 XP:2597576 AP:12 HP:124 AC:282 AD:30-42 CHS:27 CM:2.0 ECC:18% BC:132 DR:2
Skills: CS:2 IF:2 Ev:3 Rg:1 DgPro:1 1HPro:2 LtAPro:2 FS-DW:2 Sp-DW:1
Equip: FP BSS JoF RoP PRoB SrpHbk GoLF EnhCH EnhCB
Other: DotSP VD GoW FB TG RoD+6 Oegyth:6
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

Tomcat wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:42 pm The RoLS is distinctive in that it is the most generally useful of the L/E items, but not so distinctive that it's worth losing your enjoyment of the game to find one.
I 100% agree with that.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
AARQ
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Post by AARQ »

Yeah, I am just about done with finding the ring. But the game I will keep enjoying.