v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Vacor's missing pieces still missing

Post your questions about game contents here. Want to know how to complete a quest, or where to go to find an item? Post here!
joofs
android_version: 4.0

Vacor's missing pieces still missing

Post by joofs »

I have found 3 scrolls in this quest and have been ALL OVER the map looking for another thief to kill that has a scroll. It is no where. I'm worried this is a bug. Has anybody else experienced this?
Taledus

Re: Vacor's missing pieces still missing

Post by Taledus »

joofs wrote:I have found 3 scrolls in this quest and have been ALL OVER the map looking for another thief to kill that has a scroll. It is no where. I'm worried this is a bug. Has anybody else experienced this?
Welcome to the forums :)

Check the forum Game Related Questions and there are stickies at the top that go in detail about the quests.
- Missing Pieces -

In southwest Fallhaven, Vacor needs the four parts of his Rift Spell. One is on the map just south of Vacor, the second is on the map just west of that one, the third is on the map just south of the fallhaven stable, and the fourth on the map just east of that one - they like to hide in corners and dead end alleys. When you return to Vacor, he wants you to kill his rival Unzel. Find him one screen south then two screens west. When you get to the cabin - go immediatly north to Unzel's camp. Unzel gives you a choice, spare him & support the shadow by attacking Vacor instead [or] fight him to the death.
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

Welcome to the forums the 4 theifs are out there,
look along the road starting from Vileguard and head both east and west as well as checking the area around valcor too.
They should be all there, I've never come across any bugs with this quest but sometimes the last theif can be tricky to find. Be sure to check out the whole map before moving onto the next.

Happy hunting! -Pyro
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

there was a map bug that might cause him to disappear in prior versions,
are you updated to v0.6.11???

and, welcome to the boards!

:D
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
joofs

Post by joofs »

I am on version 0.6.11. It is possible that with all the killing I have done, I killed the thief but for whatever reason never got the scroll. The only thief left in the vicinity is one south West of Vacor who tries do take $100 from me. I kill him over and over but there is no scroll. Any ideas?
Pyrizzle
VIP

Post by Pyrizzle »

joofs wrote:I am on version 0.6.11. It is possible that with all the killing I have done, I killed the thief but for whatever reason never got the scroll. The only thief left in the vicinity is one south West of Vacor who tries do take $100 from me. I kill him over and over but there is no scroll. Any ideas?
That isn't one of the 4 theif you are looking for. All the theifs look the same. You actually cannot kill these theifs until you have the quest active.

I think you still have a bittle searching to do. Be sure to check all corners of the maps as you go along. Hope you can find it soon. Happy hunting :mrgreen:

Taledus

Post by Taledus »

joofs wrote:I am on version 0.6.11. It is possible that with all the killing I have done, I killed the thief but for whatever reason never got the scroll. The only thief left in the vicinity is one south West of Vacor who tries do take $100 from me. I kill him over and over but there is no scroll. Any ideas?
No, he isn't going to have the scroll. It might be possible that when you killed the thief instead f picking up all the items you might have hit cancel? If so it is possible the items are still on the ground.

At any rate, you say (aside from the road bandit) that you have killed all 4 thiefs, but only have 3 scrolls?

Or have you killed 3 of the thiefs, have 3 scrolls, and are looking for the one
who has setup camp 2 screens under Crossglen?
Last edited by Pyrizzle on Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: spoiler
Pyrizzle
VIP

Post by Pyrizzle »

From what i have read i believe he has killed 3 theifs and was mistaking the Road Bandit for the 4th.

joofs

Post by joofs »

Nah. Pretty sure this is a bug. I've killed everything in sight and have search all edges of every map. I'd really love to do this quest without starting over. Unfortunately I'm not even sure how to reproduce the bug because it was a while ago that I went out and killed what i thought was all the bandits then returned to Vacor to find I only had 3 scrolls. I was some what rushing through it. But when I went back to see if I had missed one, there is none to be found.
Pyrizzle
VIP

Post by Pyrizzle »

I'm going to get the exact locations for all four for you just to double check. I'll post them as soon as I get a chance.