v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

rotworm

Post your questions about game contents here. Want to know how to complete a quest, or where to go to find an item? Post here!
randerthall
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Re: rotworm

Post by randerthall »

dragejeger wrote:He isn't talking about collecting anything. He doesn't even acknowledge anything about rotworm or the glands ... just the illness and the drunk. Is that because I have not yet contracted the worms? If so, I have another saved game with this charactor there ready to pounce on that creep.
You see, I have many saved games in different places. The last place I slept is Prim. Anyway, I got worms in the desert once. When I saw what a hassle it was doing anything, I went back to a previously saved game in Loneford and went to work collecting stuff. But, the Priest didn't tell me to yet.
I went as far as Spider Mountain. I have stuff I don't know what to do with yet. 8-)
The question is, Do I need worms for him to tell me to collect stuff? :roll:
The answer is
Yes. It's part of a quest requirement. You get it after you take the quest An Involuntary Carrier located in the dry lake bed east of Loneford. The quest you need to complete for the Rotworms is I have it in Me.
Level 108*
HP:169 AC:348% AD:63-78 CHS:-24 DR:1 BC:208%
WA2 HH2 DO2 MC6 CS2 IF1 MF2 1HSPro1 L.ArmPro3 FS:DW2 S:DW1 CL2 EV3

UPDATED: 02/01/2014

*Blackwater Gear with ROL, 2 ROLS, E. Combat Boots & Gloves
dragejeger
android_version: 2.1 - Eclair

Post by dragejeger »

Thanks.
I went back and reopened another quest where I had saved my charactor ready to strike the Litche. There is no way to avoid getting rotworm. So yes, you do need rotworm for the priest to bring up the subject.
Not only that ... You must also fight the Litche with rotworm inside you and win. Otherwise the priest will not make a potion for you. Now to read about what to do with that cool helmet.
Level: 28
AP: 13/13
Move cost: 5
AP4

Combat Stats:
Attack chance 193%
Atack damage: 22-27
Critical Hit Skill: 21
Block Chance: 46%

Active Conditions:
Bless

Base Combat Stats:
Max HP 88
Max AP 10
AP 4
Attack chance 105%
Attack damage: 10
Block chance: 3%

Active Stuff:
Elytharan Redeemer (AWESOME TWO-HANDED SWORD) Picked it up very young level 15. 8-)
Wooden Buckler (note: with a two-handed sword, why am I even able to equip it?)
...................... (I guess this is covering my back for bc +5% and attack chance by -2%) :?
Jewel of Fallhaven Lowers attack cost by 1% (note: I sometimes wear up to 4 necklaces at a time.)
2x Polished Rings of Backstabbing (note: Personally I sometimes wear 1 ring on each finger minus thumbs 8 total.)
Leather Cap BC +6% and Villains Leather Armour (gotta love leather)
Troublemakers Gloves (what do you expect from a guy wearing leather?)
Woodcutters Boots (note: While these boots are totally unstylish with leather, they work great. In this case, I prefer function to style.)

Weapons and armour also carrying ... Strange looking helmet, Skullcrusher, Gutsplitter, Dagger of the Shadow Priests, 15 Iron Daggers (wish I could throw them at something ... might make certain blessings more important), Bjorgur's Family Dagger, Flagstone's Pride, Balanced Steel Sword, 17 Torn Shirts, Defenders Boots, Woodcutters gloves, Vacor's Boots, Wolfpack's animal hide, Stone Cuirass, 11 polished rings, 10 jinxed rings, 2 rings of damage 2%, crude combat ring, and 5 Ighan Pendants.
Otherstuff: 3 Oegyth Crystals, Kazaul Rotworm in a jar, Demon Heart, Dead Spider, 28 Scarandon Extract, 50 Bonemeal Potions, 16 Irdegh Poison Glands, 5 White Worm Claws, Iztheil Claw, and misc rocks and gems and wings, and various food products. WHEW!!! Thjis stuff is getting heavy.
BTW: Are we going to continue to eat contaminated meat from rabid animals. Why don't we die when we do? Why are veggies not stressed as important to a meal? I myself would much rather sit down to a yummy veggie meatloaf than one made from contaminated meat. I know i could get more sustenance from it. :lol:
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

dragejeger wrote: (...)
BTW: Are we going to continue to eat contaminated meat from rabid animals. Why don't we die when we do? Why are veggies not stressed as important to a meal? I myself would much rather sit down to a yummy veggie meatloaf than one made from contaminated meat. I know i could get more sustenance from it. :lol:
in the future, potions will heal instantly & food will heal over time...
when this change occurs - raw meat will become potentially harmful.

:twisted:

if i recall correctly...
the Actor Condition is Food Poisoning & the Icon was a Skull.

"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

nyktos wrote:
dragejeger wrote: (...)
in the future, potions will heal instantly & food will heal over time...
when this change occurs - raw meat will become potentially harmful.

:twisted:

if i recall correctly...
the Actor Condition is Food Poisoning & the Icon was a Skull.

+1 really nice progress.
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
slayer
android_version: 4.0

Post by slayer »

Cool, I always thought it was strange that my character was eating raw meat. Though a potion made from the bones of undead skeleton men doesn't sound like it would be very good for your health either...
slayer

Lvl: 152, XP: 64525939, Gold: 2095292, HP: 219
AC: 400%, AD: 52-68, AP: 12/4, BC 254%, DR: 3
CS: 2 QL: 22 IF: 2 REGEN: 1 MF :8 FS:DW: 2 S:DW: 1 OHSP: 1 LAP: 1

RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 2, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 5, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 2
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

dragejeger wrote: Elytharan Redeemer (AWESOME TWO-HANDED SWORD) Picked it up very young level 15. 8-)
Wooden Buckler (note: with a two-handed sword, why am I even able to equip it?)
...................... (I guess this is covering my back for bc +5% and attack chance by -2%) :?
Jewel of Fallhaven Lowers attack cost by 1% (note: I sometimes wear up to 4 necklaces at a time.)
2x Polished Rings of Backstabbing (note: Personally I sometimes wear 1 ring on each finger minus thumbs 8 total.)
Leather Cap BC +6% and Villains Leather Armour (gotta love leather)
Troublemakers Gloves (what do you expect from a guy wearing leather?)
Woodcutters Boots (note: While these boots are totally unstylish with leather, they work great. In this case, I prefer function to style.)

[...list of stuff...]
hahaha funny stuff bud. Welcome again to the forums, i look forward to what you post next. Good stuff. =)

Happy hunting!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
slayer

Post by slayer »

it's not that hard to get the ingredients for the cure. I collected 10 irdegh poison glands in less than an hour in anticipation of the vaccination potion quest. http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1369
slayer

RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 2, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 5, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 2
PK17

Post by PK17 »

Wow. Seems he isn't a fan. I love the challenges this game presents. Its what makes it fun. Just like the classics.
Take a stop by my game thread for some forum fun!!!

http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4577
slayer

Post by slayer »

PK17 wrote:Wow. Seems he isn't a fan. I love the challenges this game presents. Its what makes it fun. Just like the classics.
For real, I don't think some people ever experienced how fiendishly difficult some RPGs were back in the 8-bit Nintendo days.
slayer

Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

[Post was deleted because it broke forums rules]
scamp wrote:...
I'm sorry to hear that you were frustrated with that part in the game, some parts of the game can be challenging and quite difficult to figure out on your own. If you keep at it or maybe change your gear a bit you will be able to survive this and reap the benefits from the Rotworm quest. If you do decide to give Andor's Trail another try stop in the forums anytime if you have any questions or are looking for information on something.

We are still working on this game and it is not complete at this time. I do however want to thank you for letting us know your frustrations.

Happy hunting, -Pyrizzle

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!