v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

best weapon?

Post your questions about game contents here. Want to know how to complete a quest, or where to go to find an item? Post here!
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Re: best weapon?

Post by Antison »

hollyamberlamb wrote:I have found my favorite weapon, which is the balanced sword. It serves me pretty darn
Good, anywhere I go.
Technically I agree with you, but I find the sword boring and just wish a store bought item wouldn't make me want to equip it over my ELyR or RoL.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Mino
VIP
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by Mino »

The 3 I listed, are what I think most consider the best, depending on what type of build you go for, and I only listed items you can buy or you get from a boss drop.

But if you're willing to try for it, the ROL (Rapier of Lifesteal) is definitely a good weapon, since it restores HP on hit and kill.

The ElyR is also a good weapon, but its value was reduced with the introduction of skills (mainly combat speed but also cleave) and the Balanced Steel Sword. Before the skills and new weapons came into the picture, the +2 max AP meant you could attack 3 times per turn, and it offered what I think was the highest AC at the time for any weapon.

But now the Balanced Steel Sword offers a lower attack cost, and more AC, with only 1 less potential damage. And with Combat Speed, you can attack more often with it than the ElyR (unless you use speed potions). Adding a skill in Cleave gives you an extra attack on the first kill with either weapon, but after that only the BSS gets more attacks. The only real benefits are the +5% BC, and seeing the cool symbol for "bless".

There's one store bought weapon that also has +5% BC, and that's the Fencing Blade. It has a lower AC and AD range but if you're going for a defensive build, it has the same attack cost as the balanced steel sword.

My favorite "non-standard" weapons to use are the Gut Splitter and Skull Crusher, mainly for their names, both of which can be bought from the woodcutters after you complete the quest to kill the giant wasps, but they're by no means the best general use weapons.

Both have good AC and high AD potential but also high attack costs. So to really get the most of them you need your base (and other equipment) AC & AD to be pretty high. You can also get more out of them if you add certain skills.

For the Gut Splitter - you want to make sure your AC is high enough so you don't miss much, and the AD is high enough to kill most things in 2 hits since that's all you get. You can also add 1 level of Cleave, to get a 3rd hit if you attack 2 monsters at a time and kill one of them in your turn (with 12 AP max, and JoF to bring the attack cost down to 5, you get 2 swings and will have 2 AP left, so Cleave will give you 3 AP for another swing).

For the Skull Crusher - you also want your AC very high so you don't miss much. Since the AD range is from 0, you need a good base AD just in case (although the max AD of 26 is nice). This weapon also deals critical hits, so you can use skills to increase the chances of getting one, and if you get level 2 of cleave, you'll get an extra attack with each kill when fighting a mob.
Lvl: 206 XP: 159262572, Gold: 1657119, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 2, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 6, SRoV: 1, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 241, AP: 3, AC: 562%, AD: 116-130, CM: 3.0, ECC: 38%, BC: 139%, DR: 3

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

choiko wrote:ahm!!!! hi Mino ahm thanks for the share
regarding for your post

^_^
Hi Choiko! Welcome to the forums! ( ^ , ^ )
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
frezhanez
android_version: 2.1 - Eclair

Post by frezhanez »

Steel sword is the best for it.
"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Steve Martin "
Pyrizzle
VIP

Post by Pyrizzle »

frezhanez wrote:Steel sword is the best for it.
The ballanced steel sword is a great weapon.

Welcome to the forums!

Mino
VIP
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by Mino »

I have a question for everyone who has posted that the Balanced Steel Sword is the best weapon...

Have you gone to Remgard yet? The reason I ask is that unless you have some really really high base AD, the BSS won't be enough to kill the Brutes and Arulir in one attack. If your block chance is high enough, then you can probably take the chance that they won't hit you on their turn (they only get 1 try each time), but against them, a critical hit can really help put a dent in their 300+ HP.

Assuming you already have the JoF equipped, if you use the Dagger of the Shadow Priests and also equip the Villain's Leather Armor, Polished Ring of Backstabbing x2 (or switch one or both out for a RoLS if available), and Troublemaker's gloves you should get pretty close to a 25% Effective Critical Chance without using any More Critical skills. This means on average 1 out of every 4 hits will be a critical. If you make your way to Remgard, you can also buy Bar brawler's boots which adds another 4 critical skill.
Lvl: 206 XP: 159262572, Gold: 1657119, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 2, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 6, SRoV: 1, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 241, AP: 3, AC: 562%, AD: 116-130, CM: 3.0, ECC: 38%, BC: 139%, DR: 3

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Those Brutes were not that much to worry about in any of my four builds. Build #3 is using the Balanced Steel Sword (BSS) and he has gone through the Remgard region w/o issues. Builds 1 & 4 have used the BSS in this region without problems with those Brutes, but they are currently using the RoL.
Also, keep in mind that builds 2-4 went through the Remgard region for the first time between levels 25-35.

Not everything needs to be killed in one round of attacks. :) :)
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Pyrizzle
VIP

Post by Pyrizzle »

tek wrote:Not everything needs to be killed in one round of attacks. :) :)
even now at lvl 65 i don't kill the NPCs with 300 hp in one round.

but i also put most of my level bonuses into AC right off the bat. I do not miss often.

Tomcat
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Post by Tomcat »

Where do you buy the BSS? I don't remember the name, but I haven't been to Remgard yet...

In general I'm looking for the best weapon for crit-immune critters. I use DoSP most of the time, but currently have only SotS to fall back on ... better damage than DoSP without the crits, vs fewer swings of course.

Until or unless I decide to grind for the RoL, my choices seem to be either quickstrike (I do know where that is) or BSS.
Norbert
Lvl:52 XP:2597576 AP:12 HP:124 AC:282 AD:30-42 CHS:27 CM:2.0 ECC:18% BC:132 DR:2
Skills: CS:2 IF:2 Ev:3 Rg:1 DgPro:1 1HPro:2 LtAPro:2 FS-DW:2 Sp-DW:1
Equip: FP BSS JoF RoP PRoB SrpHbk GoLF EnhCH EnhCB
Other: DotSP VD GoW FB TG RoD+6 Oegyth:6
Duke
VIP

Post by Duke »

Tomcat, the Balanced Steel Sword(BSS) is at Minarra Crossroads Guardhouse. You need to complete her quest to be able to buy from her. But it is well worth it....this might just be the best store bought weapon. FYI - the info on where to find anyting is listed in the Gear List, found on this forum. Happy Hunting as they say!
Lvl78 XP9403007 Gold 248643 AP3 HP139 AC350 AD42-59 BC97 DR1
SP:D MC3 BC CS2 QL4 IF MF EB DW2
Rols1Rol2Elyr1Char1Golf1Shaf0Srov1Vsh1
Ozzy
lvl:47 HP114 AC254 AD27-37 BC112
SP:WA HH CS(2) CL CE IF(2) Reg
Rols1Rol0ElyR0Char2Shaf1Golf1Srov1Vsh1