Grinding for legendaries

Post your questions about game contents here. Want to know how to complete a quest, or where to go to find an item? Post here!
Void
android_version: 4.3

Grinding for legendaries

Post by Void »

Hi!

I am a short time lurker (started playing a month ago) and I have reached a bump in the road when it comes to grinding for legendaries. At lvl 28 I got both my RoLS using a method where 5 hours pure grinding results in 10 000 kills = 1 legendary. Now I am at 41 and I have decided to go for the RoL (started today and only at 3.3 % of total).

All is great and I like all of my choices except for my first choice to spare Buceth at lvl 1 doing the Flow throug the veins quest (bumped my lvl up to 9 at start). I have later on relized that the game practically gives you everything better if you "compromize your morals" which I find great. So I thought about restarting my char but I can't imagine redoing the lifesucking grind for RoLS.

If you go about it the normal way you can kill about 20 (?) masters and trainers every 5 minutes (not really sure about the exact number but I don't think I am that far off). This means 100 kills every 25 minutes. 1 000 kills every 250 minutes. 10 000 kills every 2 500 minutes. 20 000 kills every 5 000 minutes. This translates to about 83 hours pure grinding for 2 RoLS. RoL should end up at about 70 hours considering the lesser spawn.

This leads to my question how you all can stomach grinding for new legendaries every time you decide to test for a new build. Personally I would prefer if legendaries were unlocked once they dropped and were available for every new char when the new char reached lvl 40 or similarly.

This might seem as a lot of incoherent rage, but my question is, have I missed something or is the fight for legendaries really that painful?
js569

Re: Grinding for legendaries

Post by js569 »

At lvl 28 I got both my RoLS using a method where 5 hours pure grinding results in 10 000 kills = 1 legendary. Now I am at 41 and I have decided to go for the RoL (started today and only at 3.3 % of total).
I'm kind of curious as to what this method is..

Personally, I've never really seen the appeal of grinding for legendaries. If I grind, it's to gain levels (which even then, I can only stomach so much grinding before I get bored and find myself a quest to do). I think that although some of the legendary items are really cool, they aren't exactly necessary. For example, the RoLS isn't too far off from the VIllain's Ring, and the slight improvements you can get from the RoLS aren't worth the hours of monotonous grinding to me.
LVL: 43
HP: 117
AC: 286%
AD: 29-43
BC: 106%/3

2 Balanced Steel Sword, Ring of Protector, Villains Ring, Enhanced Combat Boots, Troublemakers Gloves, Marrowtaint, Serpents Hauberk, Enhanced Combat Helm.

WA 1|BS 1|CS 2|IF 3|Reg 1|OHSP 1|LAP 1|FS:DW 2
Void

Post by Void »

js569 wrote:I'm kind of curious as to what this method is..
I don't think it's new, but if you want to know read spoiler.
1. Go to grinding area.
2. Wait till three mobs of the kind that drops legendaries stand close enough so that you can engage them all at once.
3. Stand in the middle of them.
4. Before fight starts save game. (this requires you to be quick!)
5. Reload save each time you kill mobs.

This method has it's drawbacks considering that it doesn't give exp or loot, but since the grinding areas for legendaries are terrible in that aspect (exp+loot/hour) you gain in the long run.
Personally, I've never really seen the appeal of grinding for legendaries. If I grind, it's to gain levels (which even then, I can only stomach so much grinding before I get bored and find myself a quest to do).
I am 100 % with you on this point, the grinding for legendaries is really boring, that's why I think you only should have to go through it once.
I think that although some of the legendary items are really cool, they aren't exactly necessary. For example, the RoLS isn't too far off from the VIllain's Ring, and the slight improvements you can get from the RoLS aren't worth the hours of monotonous grinding to me.
Was depressed over the low imporvement, especially when I noticed that shadow regeneration didn't stack... But still I find RoLS to be good to have, you can boast with them in that quest where you go kill zombies:D. But I will NEVER grind for them again. That is for certain. I find it a bit fun to get it the first time, but multiple grindingsessions for different chars is beyond me. Grinding for legendaries is the least fun part in this entire game for me.
RaptorNXT
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by RaptorNXT »

Grinding may be fun for a few, boring for a few... some find it adventurous to go on quests, and some get their thrill by finding extremely rare items... the game caters to both kinds - excellent quests for the 'travelers' who go on quests, and extraordinary and legendary items for the 'seekers' who like such items...
RaptorNXT

Sentinel
L = 90
AC = 352
AD = 47-63
CHS = 31
CM = 2
ECC = 19%

BC = 143
DR = 11

Shadow Regeneration

WA L2, HH L2, BS L2, CS L2, CL L2, CE L2, IF, Reg, Evsn, OHSP L3, SP L2
Fighting style: W&S L2
Specialization: W&S L1
Void

Post by Void »

Well, my point is that grinding for legendaries, isn't really grinding since it mainly consists of waiting for mobs to respawn, it's just not any fun to wait all day. And sure there is a charm to get the so seldom dropped legendaries, but who would want to do it every time they create a character. That's why I suggest that all savegames should have legendaries available once you unlock them.
Zukero
Lead Developer
android_version: 8.0

Post by Zukero »

If you really want to make your legendaries available to all characters, grind them once, early on, and keep this save as your new starting point.
These are meant as a reward for your hard work and dedication, and will never ever be distributed like free candies.
If you don't find it fun to grind for them, look for alternatives in the regular drops/shops.
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2
Playerthree
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by Playerthree »

I REALLY like the idea of unlocking them for your other characters when they reach certain levels! +100! I imagine that would take some pretty elaborate coding and I think it makes sense in the aspect of having it available in shops that you need to be a certain level to get to, like for the RoLS have it in the vilegard temple perhaps but at a VERY high price (say 10-15k gold? enough where you need to grind a goodly amount for the gold but not so high you have to grind nearly as much as getting it the first time) or have it tied to completion of certain quests (I:e; the elthyrean redeemer only becomes available for purchase after completing the BWM/Prim are quests? but only after you have found it the first time) I think this would be a great Idea as grinding for the legendary items for each and every build seems unreasonable. It would also be a good way to keep the Players from over-developing their characters beyond what is reasonably needed for next update
Usirim
android_version: 8.0

Post by Usirim »

Hi Playerthree,

when you reached Lvl 100 you have no need for legendary items any more.
So there is no reason to sell those items. Second, 15k gold is nothing since with lvl 100 you could be a millionare.

And: if the legendary items could get as easy as all the (excellent) ordinary items, the game would loose a very important feature. As Zukero pointed out, there are players around playing AT for quite some years only for hunting those items!
Usirim (v2.2):
Lvl: 200
XP: 145.569.369
Gold: 5.8M
RoLS: 17
ElyR: 9
RoL: 6
ChaR: 9
GoLF: 2
ShaF: 7
SRoV: 15
VSH: 7