v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

five idols

Post your questions about game contents here. Want to know how to complete a quest, or where to go to find an item? Post here!
Zukero
Lead Developer
android_version: 8.0

Re: five idols

Post by Zukero »

Kokuma wrote: that's why I said it's a "almost useless equipment upgrade". you can only upgrade some of the items he himself sells, and the almost only worthwhile one is the shield. useless if you don't use one.
I actually used the armor until I found the Serpent's Hauberk. Well, the Serpent's Hauberk didn't exist back then...
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2
Kokuma
android_version: 3.0

Post by Kokuma »

Zukero wrote:
Kokuma wrote: that's why I said it's a "almost useless equipment upgrade". you can only upgrade some of the items he himself sells, and the almost only worthwhile one is the shield. useless if you don't use one.
I actually used the armor until I found the Serpent's Hauberk. Well, the Serpent's Hauberk didn't exist back then...
the armor hmm..
never thought about it.. since a lot of my chars are crit based.
could be useful..
thanks for the info :)
Ian
android_version: 4.2

Post by Ian »

Alright, I will add some more items which you can upgrade at Rothses' shop.
Mapmaker for Andor's Trail
Lvl: 73, XP: 6655552, Gold: 327905, RoLS: -, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 2, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 58, AC: 260%, AD: 52-62, AP: 3, ECC: -, CM: -, BC: 164%, DR: 1
SamuelCollins
android_version: 4.2

Post by SamuelCollins »

Ian, thank you! I have always sided with Remgard, so more available upgrades would be greatly appreciated in the next (hopefully) update.
Growler
android_version: 8.1 - Oreo

Post by Growler »

Are the Remgard item "upgrades" meant to increase the specs of your existing weapons/armor -- or does 'upgrade' mean simply getting New (presumably better) weapons & such?
Opposition is True Friendship. As your Once & Future Friend, I oppose that notion.
~~~
Black is White, White is Black, 1984 is Back.
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

It's an upgrade to your existing armor. Sort of. I say sort of, because there's actually no way to change an item in AT. They are defined by static droplists. So it's really an appearance of an upgrade, where an item is replaced by a better version of the item. The limitation with that is that the items that you can upgrade are strictly limited to the ones where better versions have been defined.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Growler
android_version: 8.1 - Oreo

Post by Growler »

Thanks, that helps.
Yeah, that would put some serious restrictions upon upgrading one's armor. For ex, if the 'upgrades' are minor/weak, then upgrading a middling piece of armor would still put it below the specs of one of the better armors.

Seems for this to be meaningful, the upgrades (replacements) would need to be significant &/or apply to a handful of the better~best equipment a player is likely to wear by the time they get to Remgard. I should find out soon since I've just gotten to Remgard.

The idea (of upgrading one's equipment as quest reward) is great -- maybe if used multiple times throughout the game, there would be more incentive to offer more options.. and maybe some way to automate the process the of alt-upgraded items?

Ex: run all relevant items thru an algorithm that auto-assigns new ID, increases one (or multiple) positive/helpful stats (AC, DM, BC, etc) by some set value or percentage, and maybe adds a bit of descriptive text ("Dagger +1" or "Enhanced Dagger of Destruction" or "Reforged Dagger"). :)

Each time this is used as a Quest Reward, it could be tailored to the items the player is likely to have at that point~level.

No doubt all this would be much harder to implement than I'm suggesting.
Then again, you dev-folks are geniuses, so... 8-)
Opposition is True Friendship. As your Once & Future Friend, I oppose that notion.
~~~
Black is White, White is Black, 1984 is Back.