v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Charwood Quest Rewards: Fayvara & Falothen [Spoilers Ahoy]

Post your questions about game contents here. Want to know how to complete a quest, or where to go to find an item? Post here!
gomshil
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Re: Charwood Quest Rewards: Fayvara & Falothen [Spoilers Ahoy]

Post by gomshil »

As stated in my previous post, both weapons in a dual wield build get the bonus from dagger proficiency.

I am now level 48, I have fighting style: dual wield (2), dagger proficiency (3), and specialization: dual wield.
I am using Dagger of the Shadow Priests in the main hand, and Blade of the Defiler in the off hand.

With Dual Wield I get the Dagger proficiency attack bonus on both, the block bonus on both ( or in this case deficit on just the off-hand one ) , and increases critical skill on both.

Neither Dagger proficiency nor Dual Wield effect the critical multiplier. Only the multiplier in the main hand is used. This is why Dagger of the Shadow Priests must be in the main hand.
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

gomshil wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:43 pm

I am now level 48, I have fighting style: dual wield (2), dagger proficiency (3), and specialization: dual wield.
Only the multiplier in the main hand is used. This is why Dagger of the Shadow Priests must be in the main hand.
This is not true. The highest multiplier is applied regardless of what hand the weapon is in.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Growler
android_version: 8.1 - Oreo

Post by Growler »

Re this from the initial post:
" Effects:
- +30% Attack Chance to the AC bonus from that weapon, rounded down. This means Balanced Steel Sword (+32% AC) gets a bonus of (32% * 30%) = 9.6% => 9%.
- +30% Block Chance to the BC bonus from that weapon (if any), rounded down.
- +10% Critical Skill to the Crit bonus from that weapon (if any), rounded down. So if your weapon has less than a +10 Crit bonus, this does exactly nothing for you (unless you level the skill up more). Dagger of the Shadow Priests would get a +2, a handful of +10 and +13 items (like Flagstone's Pride) would get a +1, and the rest get bupkes. "
I'm surprised & a bit confused that the gains are so little for giving up so much. Details:
Just paid 5,000 gp + (2) of the precious-rare, hard-won Oegyth Crystals for a lousy +6 to AC -- no BC or Crit benefit. And that +6 to AC is only because the Skullcrusher has a high AC (20) to leverage off.
For comparison, I could easily get +5 to AC from a single level-up, and that would be a base increase--not just on a specific class of weapons.

Does the cost (especially the (2) Oegyth Crystals) seem worth the small benefit?
And if we think of the paid Training in terms of a general Skill (as presented), those are only available every 4 level-ups..thus *ideally* be worth approx 4 level-ups, tho most seem worth closer to 2 level-ups.

Very fun & cool to have the option for paid Skill Training, but seems a high price for so little reward.
Am I missing some extra value? -versus keeping the 2 Oegyth Crystals for something better down the road?
Opposition is True Friendship. As your Once & Future Friend, I oppose that notion.
~~~
Black is White, White is Black, 1984 is Back.
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

You can currently get more Oegyth crystals that you can realistically use, so what is their real value?
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Growler

Post by Growler »

rijackson741 wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 4:10 pm You can currently get more Oegyth crystals that you can realistically use, so what is their real value?
Oh, I thought there were plans in store for those crystals..so worth trying to save most of them?
Opposition is True Friendship. As your Once & Future Friend, I oppose that notion.
~~~
sdevaney
Site Admin
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by sdevaney »

Growler wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 5:34 pm
rijackson741 wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 4:10 pm You can currently get more Oegyth crystals that you can realistically use, so what is their real value?
Oh, I thought there were plans in store for those crystals..so worth trying to save most of them?
You never know what might become useful in a future update. All it takes is a good idea.
rijackson741

Post by rijackson741 »

I did say "currently". So don't waste them, but at the same time don't hoard them for no reason.
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Growler

Post by Growler »

sdevaney wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:16 pm
Growler wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 5:34 pm
You never know what might become useful in a future update. All it takes is a good idea.
Any notion of what "Oegyth crystals" are? Or what they're made of?
-if so, any info would help in coming up with relevant ideas..Ex:

If they are super-strong (like Adamantine), then they could be used for weapon tips/edges..to greatly enhance piecing/cutting.
If they are magical (say, contain magic energy), they could provide magical power/s..bonuses; or if they have magical healing powers, then they could offer regeneration.
Or if they are greatly valued due to their beauty &/or rarity--or for spiritual reasons--then they could be traded for most anything.

--------------------
by rijackson741 » Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:55 pm
I did say "currently". So don't waste them, but at the same time don't hoard them for no reason.
--------------------
Good advice.. think I'll go ahead & use 2 of the crystals to get 1 bonus skill, and save the rest for now.
Even a modest bump to AC could help when entering...The Dread Graveyard. :o
~~~
rijackson741

Post by rijackson741 »

Growler wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 2:02 pm If they are super-strong (like Adamantine), then they could be used for weapon tips/edges..to greatly enhance piecing/cutting.
That's a nice idea. A weapon upgrade. Maybe a pole weapon. We don't have any really compelling pole weapons. Upgrade the Steel glaive to the Oegyth glaive, with really good crits and a chance of inflicting bleeding wounds.
Growler

Post by Growler »

rijackson741 wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:04 pm
Growler wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 2:02 pm If they are super-strong (like Adamantine), then they could be used for weapon tips/edges..to greatly enhance piercing/cutting.
That's a nice idea. A weapon upgrade. Maybe a pole weapon. We don't have any really compelling pole weapons. Upgrade the Steel glaive to the Oegyth glaive, with really good crits and a chance of inflicting bleeding wounds.
That would be great! I love any crafting aspects of RPG's. One reason I so enjoyed an old-school indie for PC called "The Devil's Whiskey" (from circa 2000).

Potential to upgrade the Steel Glaive would be great, and also the Remgard Steel Spear (thinking of doing another Remgard run just for that..like you can get 3 attacks if you have 12AP) if could enhance it to do more damage &/or more/better Crits.

Could get the Remgard--or Brimhaven metalsmith--to do the special Oegyth Crystal weapon enhancement, or maybe set up some Quest to develop one's own metalsmithing skill. And of course the special crystal could also be used to boost/enhance certain Armors with higher BC or greater DR).
~~~