v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

More criticals.

Post your questions about game contents here. Want to know how to complete a quest, or where to go to find an item? Post here!
Schmmiiirc
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

More criticals.

Post by Schmmiiirc »

I'm getting into a *Critical build*. Zzatirk is now at lvl 20 and needs to know where to put his next skill point.

*More criticals* says:- " Increases any existing critical skill by 20% for each skill level(percentage of existing critical skill value, not percentage points)."

I'm taking that to mean that, for example, Flagstone's Pride increases Critical skill by 10 - so this will increase by 2 to 12.

Does the More Criticals skill treat each item as separate or does it take the total and increase that by 20%?

My current crit stats are +43 X 2.0.

If I increase 43 by 20% it amounts to + 8, which +3 more than increasing the individual items, (allowing for rounding down which istr reading somewhere is what happens).

Another question for the critical builders: do you forego the JoF and the very useful -1AP, for the Necklace of strike with a +5 crit?

And one more - my Effective critical chance is at 24%, how high will I be able to push that with standard equipment (not including extraordinary or legendaries) - I think I still have a couple of improvements to make.
See the puppies scatter.
Zukero
Lead Developer
android_version: 8.0

Re: More criticals.

Post by Zukero »

It takes the total.
Keep the JoF, better to have more dices to roll.
I managed to reach 50% ECC with a bunch of points on more criticals and a second DotSP acquired thanks to a bug in v0.6.12.
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2
Schmmiiirc
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Schmmiiirc »

Thanks Zukero, (insert *thumbs up* smiley here). 8-)
See the puppies scatter.
Growler
android_version: 8.1 - Oreo

Post by Growler »

So is there a solid argument against Critical Hits (weapons & gear)?

No doubt there are some trade-offs, and it may not be ideal to go all out for every Crit-enhancing point (gear-wise & skill-wise), but if one balances the various aspects, it seems hard to argue with the following -- tho very interested in different info/perspectives:

My Dagger of the Shadow Priests (DoSP) vs what seems to be considered among the best Non-crit weapons, the Balanced Steel Sword (BSS), with 4 strikes per weapons:

Average Damage per strike added up, incl Crits (I've got 25% Effective Critical Chance, so 1 crit per 4 strikes on avg):

DoSP = 20 + 20 + 20 + 60 = 120 pts damage
B.S.S = 24 + 24 + 24 + 24 = 96 pts damage

These numbers aren't precise, but seem to be close for me (even being generous to the BSS) ..swapping the weapons periodically against same monsters.

Obviously, you need to switch to BSS (or whatever one prefers) when fighting Crit-Immune mobs.

Btw, are there any mobs that are simply Resistant (but not fully immune) to Crit-hits?
Opposition is True Friendship. As your Once & Future Friend, I oppose that notion.
~~~
Black is White, White is Black, 1984 is Back.
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

If monsters are susceptible to crits, then crits will do more damage than any other option.

Monsters are either immune or not. There's nothing in the middle.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Growler
android_version: 8.1 - Oreo

Post by Growler »

Thanks for the feedback, Rijackson.
Opposition is True Friendship. As your Once & Future Friend, I oppose that notion.
~~~
Black is White, White is Black, 1984 is Back.