v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Stuck in Remgard

Post your questions about game contents here. Want to know how to complete a quest, or where to go to find an item? Post here!
Duke
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Re: Stuck in Remgard

Post by Duke »

You can get some great armor in Remgard that will help you get out of there.
I'd get the Enhanced Combat Helm (7ac, 6bc) you'll gain 10 ac, and Enhanced Combat Boots (7 ac, 11 bc) you'll gain 7 ac; Enchanted Remgard gloves (2ac, 8 bc) you'll gain 2 ac; and then you can get one of two rings in Remgard that will help, Troublemaker's Ring (15 ac, 2-4 dmg) or Ring of Dmg +6, which is probably what I"d recommend, and swap it out for Ring of the Protector, which is a good ring, but you need to do more dmg. So, I"m guessing you went the route that didn't allow you to get the necklace, Marrowtaint, which is fine, but it has some sweet AC and BC boosting stats.
The last thing you could do in Remgard, is to stock up on Potions of Damage Focus (+3 for 4 rounds) or Strong Potion of Dmg Focus(+6 for 4 rounds). These would be nice to use when you need the dmg boost.
If you went with the Ring of Dmg +6, you'd lose 20 ac, but you are gaining 19 ac with the other items, so the added avg dmg of 4.5 per hit, would really help you. You get 4 swings, so that is 18 more dmg per round.
The only weapon change I'd make is to use the balanced steel sword if you have it, especially against crit immune baddies.
lastly, check out the link to the directory below, for all you need to know about items and where to get them.
http://andorstrail.irkalla.cz/0.7.0/
Lvl78 XP9403007 Gold 248643 AP3 HP139 AC350 AD42-59 BC97 DR1
SP:D MC3 BC CS2 QL4 IF MF EB DW2
Rols1Rol2Elyr1Char1Golf1Shaf0Srov1Vsh1
Ozzy
lvl:47 HP114 AC254 AD27-37 BC112
SP:WA HH CS(2) CL CE IF(2) Reg
Rols1Rol0ElyR0Char2Shaf1Golf1Srov1Vsh1
Schmmiiirc
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Re: Stuck in Remgard

Post by Schmmiiirc »

s_KAR wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:45 pm

I guess it comes down to bad gear selection. I focused way too much on damage resistance. How many hits do you get per turn? What's your crit?

And I haven't done the trial by fire quest yet. The last time I tried was at level 32 or so and I got inside quite deep within the mines before I just couldn't fight the enemies there anymore. To think this whole situation could have been averted had I brought 50 or so bonemeal potions!
Current gear is:-
Dark Protector
Lightweight Splint Mail
Marrowtaint
Remgard Shield
Ring of the Protector X 2
Enhanced Combat Boots
Enchanted Remgard Gloves
DotSP or Balanced Steel Sword

4 hits per round - crits are not so important unless you're making a critical build, Zafferjaq isn't, but with the DotSP it's +30 X3 ECC 19%. I don't ignore crits, they're useful for some parts of the game and useless for others.

Destined for Great Things is the Charnwood quest which will kickstart the boosts to both your AC & BC, Trial by Fire gives you a handy (but not awesome) Dagger.
See the puppies scatter.