Why cant is sell certain things?

Post your questions about game contents here. Want to know how to complete a quest, or where to go to find an item? Post here!
Strawberry
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Why cant is sell certain things?

Post by Strawberry »

I have the demons heart and Lutarcs medallion that i cant sell. Im assuming those are needed for a futurer quest. But what about my Shadow of the Slayer greataxe?
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Re: Why cant is sell certain things?

Post by rijackson741 »

The first two are quest items. You can't sell any quest item, even if it has no future use. This is to protect the player. Some unique items also have the price set to 0, which prevents you from selling them. I personally wouldn't do this, because players should be allowed to make decisions they will later regret, but whoever created the Shadow of the slayer obviously disagrees with me.

Be very careful selling anything that's unique though, even if you can. You may regret it later (I have). It's tempting early in the game, when you need gold, but once that item is sold you can never get it back.

If you don't want to carry them around, drop them somewhere safe, such as your home, where you can easily find them again later if you need to.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Fatboy73
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by Fatboy73 »

I sold my Venomous Dagger, it seemed pretty useless for an extraordinary weapon.
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Fatboy73 wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:31 am I sold my Venomous Dagger, it seemed pretty useless for an extraordinary weapon.
NO!!! That is my first go to weapon on every build.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Fatboy73
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by Fatboy73 »

Well, it's gone now 😉
Aulrad
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Aulrad »

Well jackson was right... this is why the word "grinding" exists in this game
May the Elythran Potato bless you. :o :lol:
Aulrad

Post by Aulrad »

I did sell venomous dagger back then which i regret lol.
(I hope there will be a collector achievement :lol: )
BUT AFTER THAT I LEARNED HOW TO AVOID TEMPTATION ON SELLING EXTRAORDINARY STUFF.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
May the Elythran Potato bless you. :o :lol:
Fallhaven Sentinel

Post by Fallhaven Sentinel »

Aulrad wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:16 pm I did sell venomous dagger back then which i regret lol.
D:
I sold it too, why will I regret it?
~x
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Fallhaven Sentinel wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:46 pm
Aulrad wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:16 pm I did sell venomous dagger back then which i regret lol.
D:
I sold it too, why will I regret it?
Because it's a pretty damn good weapon early on in the game and it's free
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Rayvn7
android_version: 8.1 - Oreo

Post by Rayvn7 »

Venomus dagger is a terrible "weapon". It literally does a maximum of TWO damage. It can also be used for the sole purpose of slightly increasing crit rate, however, this will have a useless purpose as well since it requires you to then use only one hit per turn of combat instead of two hits, completely nullifying any alleged benefit of giving up your defense for the almost-never-proc-ing possibility of a critical hit once every 200 hits or so. In addition to the fact that other weapons, obtained at basically the same time, also increase crit, by a higjer number, and, unlike Venomus Dagger, actually do a damage to the HP at a hit, that is the Flagstone sword. Of course if you have neither of these thibgs then you can also equip a single weapon of 5AP and do double the damage again way more beneficial then an almost-never-proc-ing crit rate. If you are able to buy a 6+AP weapon which also has a decent damage rate in comparison to the 5AP weapon - as far as I know only one such thing even exists for the first 300+ hours of gameplay - then you are far, far, far, far above the level at which Venomis Dagger would be your only or best item for a crit rate increase. Remember that 25% of 2 is less then 1, and therefore Venomus Dagger always does 0 damage unless you have the skill maxed, again which you will be a high level definitely above 20 and definitely not needing "1-2" damage oposed to defense or an actually-useful weapon. Amd obviously definitely having the Flagstone sword long, long, long before then anyway, which is the end-reward in the cave directly east of Crossglen at the bottom, to the east of the guard who attempts to block your path untilw you tell him, "No thanks, don't block me," needing to pass only a line of foxes and wolves, nothing more, to get there.

So, you will most definitely not "Regret it", even if you find ome or two rare circumstances where it could have been useful, is in mo remote way a big deal.

It is also mis-named since it commits no kind of poison effect.