v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Getting too difficult for me ...

Post your questions about game contents here. Want to know how to complete a quest, or where to go to find an item? Post here!
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Re: Getting too difficult for me ...

Post by rijackson741 »

Dan_W_58 wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 3:18 pm But the bigger problem here is that you guys are not reacting positively to my constructinve criticism. All you are trying to do is to argue to try to convince me to drop the request, or downright get rid of me.
We have a laundry list of requests, including the bottomless pit of new content. You are the only person that has ever requested this, so it's at, or near, the bottom of the list. That's the way it works. We do not have the time to make changes to satisfy one persons desires.
Dan_W_58 wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 3:18 pm You could have coded it in less time than you took to write an answer to my post.
If you have developed an open source game, you know that's not true. If it is, make the changes and put in a pull request.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Dan_W_58
android_version: 8.0

Post by Dan_W_58 »

I would. I just don't have a computer right now, and I can't do development on my phone.
Well, if the case is that my request was accepted but in a long cue to process, you could have said so; but in the same sentence you tell me that being the first person to request something is unacceptable (therefore my request is denied). I'm getting mixed messages.
sdevaney
Site Admin
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by sdevaney »

This is an open-source project. As such we strive to be extremely community driven with our goals. This often results in 'what the majority wants' rules the development timeline. That being said, we try to welcome all ideas and feature requests openly.

Saying it would be nice to have feature X; here are my reasons why, is a good first step. However only doing that gets the idea put on the bottom of our big old list of ideas. We love that list, and we even pull stuff from it every once in a while, but we make zero guarantees any particular idea ever makes it into the game from that list.

The best path an idea can take from that list so that it gets put into the game is when the person(s) with said idea either:

A) Does the work themselves.
or
B) Convinces a member of the community or dev team to champion the idea and get the work done on their behalf.

Neither of these options come without some effort.
Firefly84

Post by Firefly84 »

A little tipp for the BWM area: the auraleth (those mummies) drop regular healing potions and BW Swords. In the early stages I focus my attacks on those and ignore the Wyrms.
At the hut with the bed I start grinding the White Wyrms, resting at the hut.
I never had to use Bonemeal Potions there with a new character.

Also start new challanges after you have leveled up!
Then you won't loose much process when dying. You can even spend 5 skill points in the "I don't want to loose EXP when dying" skill (forgot the name).

A really good strategy to use your level up points is:
1 point on Block Chance
3 points on Attack
until your base BC is the same as your base AC, then you can differ the points on all three.
Don't waste those points on HP.

With this strategy you will amass many AD.
In the beginning I save my money for gear with DR or do the quest for those.
Also I use swords or daggers for more swings per round, get the JoF and learn the Combat Speed as well.
IF (and perhaps gear) is my only method of increasing my HP.
All other skill points are used for my profession like Dual Wield, Swords/Daggers, Cleave.
Firefly
Lvl: 114, PV: 497, FQ: 63
RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 2, HoF: 0, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 4, SRoV: 6, VSH: 3, WMC: 1, GoW: 1, BD: 1
DP: 0, X: 0, M: 1, BoGt: 1, SotA: 0, RofLS: 1
HP: 505, AC: 262, AD: 89-105, AP: 4 each, ECC: 12, CM: -, BC: 156, DR: 4
Dan_W_58

Post by Dan_W_58 »

@sdevaney,
Well, I'm penniless and computerless at the moment. If/when my situstion improves, I will happily pull the trunk and code this auto-save. I'll let you know.
I could probably do it in my phone, come to think, in the sense of editing code, but I can't imagine installing SVN and GCC on my Galaxy A8. Whst language and tools do you use?
By the way, my specialty was shader programming atone time, with GLSL, for 3D though. Not sure if you use shaders. Even in 2D you could implement rough shadkws and dynamic lighting.

@FireFly84,
I wish now I had not uninstalled it. Your BWM strategy makes total sense. I incorrectly interpreted the diary in that cabin as meaning that the wyrms dropped health potions. Then I wss lead to believe they should drop claws also. But neither was happening...
Gonk
android_version: 8.1 - Oreo

Post by Gonk »

Andor's Trail is written in Java. I am coming from the .NET world but any object oriented knowledge should be ok. You can browse the source code even on your phone at
https://github.com/AndorsTrailRelease/a ... ndorsTrail

You can also add your autosave idea there as an issue. Personally I think creating new content would be more important. This can even be done on a phone.

See this post on how to create content and/or setup the build environment:
https://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4560
Tomcat
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Post by Tomcat »

I use a phone development app called AIDE, which will successfully fetch the code from Github and compile it; however without paying the $10 or $15 to get the Pro version it won't build an APK that large. But at least you can interact with Github and make sure it compiles before putting it back up. I have it running on my S8, which is another old phone, but I can't say if yours is also supported.
Norbert
Lvl:52 XP:2597576 AP:12 HP:124 AC:282 AD:30-42 CHS:27 CM:2.0 ECC:18% BC:132 DR:2
Skills: CS:2 IF:2 Ev:3 Rg:1 DgPro:1 1HPro:2 LtAPro:2 FS-DW:2 Sp-DW:1
Equip: FP BSS JoF RoP PRoB SrpHbk GoLF EnhCH EnhCB
Other: DotSP VD GoW FB TG RoD+6 Oegyth:6
T-rex2298
Location: Inaroom inahouse inasuburb inacity inastate whichisinacountry inAustralia Good guesswork!

Post by T-rex2298 »

Tomcat wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:52 pmI have it running on my S8, which is another old phone, but I can't say if yours is also supported.
LOL! Are you living in the stone age? I mean seriously, even I have the most recent S7. :lol: Im assuming you are talking about samsung :oops:
Everything can be solved with a quick bite to the neck.
Operation Shadowslay.
Maturity: Completed! For the one ring has been found!
Melior Futuri.
Tomcat
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Post by Tomcat »

Did I type S8? I meant S7. And yes, the Samsung Galaxy. I get a new phone every 5 or 6 years, max.
Norbert
Lvl:52 XP:2597576 AP:12 HP:124 AC:282 AD:30-42 CHS:27 CM:2.0 ECC:18% BC:132 DR:2
Skills: CS:2 IF:2 Ev:3 Rg:1 DgPro:1 1HPro:2 LtAPro:2 FS-DW:2 Sp-DW:1
Equip: FP BSS JoF RoP PRoB SrpHbk GoLF EnhCH EnhCB
Other: DotSP VD GoW FB TG RoD+6 Oegyth:6
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

Dan_W_58 wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:35 pm I wish now I had not uninstalled it. Your BWM strategy makes total sense. I incorrectly interpreted the diary in that cabin as meaning that the wyrms dropped health potions. Then I wss lead to believe they should drop claws also. But neither was happening...
Uninstalling did not delete your savegames (except the one used internally for "continue current game"). Unless you deleted them manually, if you reinstall they will still be available.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1