v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Im a Dual Weilder Build can you help?

Post your questions about game contents here. Want to know how to complete a quest, or where to go to find an item? Post here!
Barrixalonxo
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Im a Dual Weilder Build can you help?

Post by Barrixalonxo »

Hello guys im new to andors trail even though its hard and challenging but i find it enjoying.. I hope i posted in the right place..

Im NuuFaTim and now at level 20. I was following Links build up for beginners but it doesnt have LVL20-30, 30-40 and 40 - 50. I want to be a dual weilder.. Can you guys share to me your items that you wear during each transition(no need to be detailed just the name and ill do the part of searching where to get it), the skills that you use and the stat point distribution.. Im onboard a ship now.. Our wifi is so slow. It would be a great help if you can share it plss.. Tnx.. Have a nice day and god bless to you all.. I hope this game will progress more because its the 1st time im enjoying this RPG game and not that developers are not greedy on money not like other games in google play.. Thats all thank you. :D
NuuFaTim Lv. 44

Fairness has never existed in this world. This so called fairness is just a form of mercy from the strong to the weak. It's a form of self pity of the weak as they bemoan their own Fate. -Su Ming "Pursuit of Truth"
Schmmiiirc

Re: Im a Dual Weilder Build can you help?

Post by Schmmiiirc »

This topic ought to provide some help, although you have to remember it was based on an earlier version and some things will have changed.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4583
See the puppies scatter.
Barrixalonxo

Post by Barrixalonxo »

Schmmiiirc wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:52 am This topic ought to provide some help, although you have to remember it was based on an earlier version and some things will have changed.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4583
Yes sir i have patterned my character based on that topic sir.. But i cant find the lvl20 and above guide sir. Tnx for the info by the way
NuuFaTim Lv. 44

Fairness has never existed in this world. This so called fairness is just a form of mercy from the strong to the weak. It's a form of self pity of the weak as they bemoan their own Fate. -Su Ming "Pursuit of Truth"
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Dual wielding is not a science. It's what you enjoy.
I have multiple dual wielding builds.
2 Rapier of Lifesteal
Dagger of the shadow priests & blade of the defiler
2 blackwater daggers
2 brutal clubs
2 fencing blades
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

Two balanced steel swords are a good option too. High AC, so when you have the dual wielding skills your total AC can be really high.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Antison

Post by Antison »

Oh yeah, I forgot that I have one using 2 fencing blades too.
Which is nice because each has 5 BC.
Barrixalonxo

Post by Barrixalonxo »

Now im using sword of shadow rage and yataga.. Im slowly building up and finding items. Blackwater daggers has blackwater misery. Doesnt it affect your AC? Bec. It lowers AC by 50points. Tnx for your info guys.. Im liking this game more because the people in forums are not ghosts
NuuFaTim Lv. 44

Antison

Post by Antison »

Barrixalonxo wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:31 am Blackwater daggers has blackwater misery. Doesnt it affect your AC? Bec. It lowers AC by 50points.
Blackwater misery doesn't stack. So the -50 AC is only applied once.
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

One thing to note when choosing weapons to dual wield is that you get the higher of the two attack costs, but the lower of the two damage modifiers. However, damage modifiers are higher for higher attack cost weapons. So in general (in fact, almost always) you should choose two weapons with the same attack cost.
I am currently using Dagger of the Shadow Priests and Lifetaker. I may try out Rapier of Lifesteal and Sword of Shadows Rage for a while though. It would be an interesting combination, since both give you a HP boost.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Antison

Post by Antison »

rijackson741 wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:52 pm One thing to note when choosing weapons to dual wield is that you get the higher of the two attack costs, but the lower of the two damage modifiers. However, damage modifiers are higher for higher attack cost weapons. So in general (in fact, almost always) you should choose two weapons with the same attack cost.
I tend to agree with you here as every combo I have used has had the same AP for each weapon. I have played around (very limited time) with the Brutal Club (7 AP) & the Chaosreaper (4 AP). But I love the Brutal clubs damage too much to not dual wield them. With that said, teaming-up the Chaosreaper with another blunt weapon is something I want to do. With the new Whip of Binding, i have a partner for the Chaosreaper. Again, their APs don't match, but I don't care about that in this case.