Game save files

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
BethelAbba
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Game save files

Post by BethelAbba »

The tablet which I purchased in May of 2018, and on which I FINALLY managed to score 2 rings of lesser shadows, died an ignominious death in October. It simply refused to power up.

I took it to the manufacturer and they claimed it was water damage... and hence not repairable under warranty.... which only angered me. I will never buy Acer again. (For the record, I never had the thing near water... but they refuse to believe me.)

Anyway, that's one reason for my absence. The other being my teaching and it being the school year. Nice to see new faces. I am like the groundhog who only pops his head above ground every few weeks it would seem. (I actually lived in Punxsutawney for 18 months of my childhood. Go Phil!!!)

So... about game save files.... someone want to walk a boy through the do's and don't's of backing them up? Something I now wish I had done previously.
Alsa - Lvl:60, HP:174 AC:230%, AD:27-34 BC:174%, DR:4 BM used: 12 (Lodars)
Most Kills: Shdw Garg Mstr:3700(+3281 trnrs)
Gold:313,705 | HoF: 1 ChaR: 2
WA: 2, HH: 2, Clv: 2, IF: 3, Re: 3, MF: 2, DP: 2, LAP: 1, HAP: 1
BethelAbba

Re: Game save files

Post by BethelAbba »

Hmmm, having now read Capeditiea's thread I see I am not the only one with save issues.

That thread gives no practical tips (except Dropbox / Cloud... neither of which I have, nor could afford. The wife bought a new car, there went all our savings.) on how and what to do.

Please be NEWB specific in your responses, as while I am a veteran of the game.... I rarely tinker with data files.
CUCHULAINN3
android_version: 13 - Android 13

Post by CUCHULAINN3 »

You can always back it up on a memory card and or Google drivelast resort is email the files to yourself
Sinn Féin~~~saighdiúir éireannach
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

Dropbox is free, for limited storage (which still means way more than you will ever need to backup AT). So is Google backup and Sync. If you have an Android phone, you have a Google account, so that's probably the easiest solution. See here: https://www.google.com/drive/download/backup-and-sync/
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
GoofusInsanius
android_version: 8.1 - Oreo

Post by GoofusInsanius »

Before installing the 0.7.5 release, I've send the save games to my Hotmail, lot's of space there.
Most e-mail hosts offer plenty of space, and the save game files are very small.
Hodor, lvl28
JoF, Vil arm, Fpride, RoLS
BB passport OS10

Goof, Lvl:48
skills: WA:1 HH:1 CS:2 CL:1 IF:3 RG:1 DP:1 LAP:1 W&S: 1
Gear: DP, Serpent HB, Mtaint, Rshield, ROTP, EnhCombBoots, Arulir gl, PROB, DotsP.
BlackBerry Q5, OS10
rijackson741

Post by rijackson741 »

You really need the entire andors-trail folder, including the worldmap folder. If you don't have the worldmap folder then the savegames will load fine, but you will not see the places you have visited on the worldmap.
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
BethelAbba

Post by BethelAbba »

rijackson741 wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:11 pm You really need the entire andors-trail folder, including the worldmap folder. If you don't have the worldmap folder then the savegames will load fine, but you will not see the places you have visited on the worldmap.
This is kinda where I was going with this post. I honestly have no clue where to look, what to save, or all that sort of thing in respect to this game. I've never once tried to save a game file off of my phone.... so I really don't even know where they are stored.

That said... someone really want to say something other than "Dropbox" or "Cloud" here? Cause honestly... I'm a 60 year od man who hasn't a clue on what FILES I'm supposed to be looking for.

thanks.
You guys always seem to forget that not everyone is tech savvy, and can defrag a hard-drive in a single click. Dumb down the speech periodically... there are young kids old folks among you.
sdevaney
Site Admin
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by sdevaney »

Where you backup your saves is really personal preference more than anything. Just keep in mind the 3-2-1 rule if it is important data.

1. Plug your phone into your computer.
2. Turn on data transfer over USB on your phone if needed.
3. Open the file explorer on your computer and find your phone.
4. Navigate to either internal storage or sd card storage depending on your device.
5. Look for the andors-trail folder and copy/download it to your computer.
Here is a screenshot of my phone and the andors-trail folder: https://d.pr/i/SMZITF
rijackson741

Post by rijackson741 »

Or, plan B.

If you don't already have Google Drive installed, install it https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... .apps.docs

Then install this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... .drivesync

Follow the instructions here: https://www.techrepublic.com/article/co ... gle-drive/

The folder on your device should be the andors-trail folder that is already present. You call the folder on Google Drive whatever you want, but I would call it andors-trail, just like the one on the device. Set the sync for one way, upload (because you don't really want to sync, you want to backup).

Edit. Put this on hold. I tried it, and got some rather useless error messages about permissions. I've contacted the developer.

Edit again. This was due to an unusual set up of folders that I had on Google Drive. The chance that it will affect anyone else is close to zero. Full instructions are here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6283
Capeditiea
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by Capeditiea »

that reminds me, i shall put my save file in my External Hard Drive.

Some easy steps... since i am anti-cloud. -_- because i would use it for many things... and once you die... irl, the companies have all that information on you. (in my situation it would be simply my music, or digital art, or my books... not other's creations... if they want to use it, use it while i am alive...)

my miniture rant aside...

Step One.
Hook your phone/tablet to a laptop or computer, as well as a usbstick or an external hard drive.

Step Two.
Turn on your phone/tablet's file transfer option.

Step Three.
Open your file manager for your laptop/computer.

Step Four.
find the andor's trail folder on youd phone/tablet.

Step Five.
right click or if you have an apple, do that really tedious combination thingy to bring about the menu... on the andor's trail folder

Step Six.
find the word "copy" in the menu.

Step Seven.
click the word "copy"

Step Eight.
travel to the usbstick/external hard drive.

Step Nine.
Right click, or the tedious process, and find the word "Paste"

Step Ten.
Paste, and wait for the files to transfer. (shouldn't take long.)

Step Eleven.
Repeat this every week, month, level, randomly, etc. (especially after obtaining a legendary item ASAP.)

*nods, this is an alternative to those who dislike clouds.
Player Name: ESC LVL: 47 (ChillIin' with Kayla, awaiting next update.)
Player Name: E LVL: 28 (The Fated No IF Build)
i am spoiler happy now that i have figured it out. :3
:D