v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Edit saved game files ??

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
ruleofthirds13
android_version: 5.1 - Lolipop

Re: Edit saved game files ??

Post by ruleofthirds13 »

if you can't, there is another way. the "time". but you still need to work on it to achieved proper way of the game. its not cheating anyway, still you done this with force effort(more effort).
draze
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by draze »

Nut wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:45 pm Light? :o You mean Shadow I hope!
"ah, sweet Nut, if I did not carry this Light I would carry a torch for you." :D
Your quest has been fulfilled! It's time for a nap.
draze

Post by draze »

ruleofthirds13 wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:13 pm if you can't, there is another way. the "time". but you still need to work on it to achieved proper way of the game. its not cheating anyway, still you done this with force effort(more effort).
:o I didn't know that as well! What a surprise. :D Thank you for sharing your knowledge with us, buddy. I agree with you. You can also teleport by adjusting 2 specific line of codes there
changing the x-axis and y-axis of your character
from one tile to another tile and not from map/area to another map/area.
Grawmpy

Post by Grawmpy »

i have finally figured out how to edit the savegame using a hex editor to change product sums , gold sums, add weapons
like adding ring of lesser shadow and rapier of lifesteal from the beginning of quests in Mikhail's home and changing quantities of items needed to finish a quest.
It took a while and i broke the game several times figuring it out. I don"t have it completely figured it out yet, like adding an item through the hex editor, or changing every one of the skills, but with editing items I'm pretty good. I don't know if i can map out the hex code to what each section does, yet.
Name: Grawmpy
Level: 42, Total XP: 1317231, XP: 7076 HP: 110, AD: 41-56, AP: 4, ECC: 31%, CM: 4.5, BC: 100, DR: 4 Gold: 365320 | RoLS: 2, RoL: 1 :evil:
draze

Post by draze »

Grawmpy wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:29 am i have finally figured out how to edit the savegame using a hex editor to change product sums , gold sums, add weapons
like adding ring of lesser shadow and rapier of lifesteal from the beginning of quests in Mikhail's home and changing quantities of items needed to finish a quest.
:D ah yes. The beauty of hex editor.
Grawmpy wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:29 am I don"t have it completely figured it out yet, like adding an item through the hex editor, or changing every one of the skills
I can reveal to you of which path will lead to your skills, Grawmpy-wan. :mrgreen:
Grawmpy wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:29 am I don't know if i can map out the hex code to what each section does, yet.
Every section has their own unique task. Some of them are hidden or require another line or piece of code to trigger them especially our skills.
draze

Post by draze »

NOTE: YOU MUST INSERT THE WORD "SKILLS" FIRST (BELOW THE WORD "HOME" IN THE BOTTOM OF THE CODES) TO INPUT CURRENT LEVEL ON ANY SKILLS YOU WISH. WITHOUT THE MAGIC WORD, YOU CANNOT CHANGE THE CURRENT LEVEL OF ANY SKILLS.
Grawmpy

Post by Grawmpy »

El Nora wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:57 am
If someone finds hex editing their savegame (most especially in an open source game) enjoyable, then good for them and I wish them all the happy hours of slaughtering their way to multiple legendaries as they could possibly wish. It's not like someone else's level 999 is hampering anyone else's gaming experience in any way and, indeed, is presumably facilitating their own. Personally I don't think it's for me, but who knows, maybe if I tried it I may enjoy it.
I know this is a sensitive subject and wanted to put my two cents in. I agree with this statement in that each person should be the judge of what is acceptable or fun for themselves, with the caveat that they do not report exaggerated stats or achievements from a game they have edited as one that has been through normal play. If they have edited it, be honest and say so.

I am one of those that really enjoys trying to figure out the "meat" of the game and seeing what, if any, changes made will break the game. I am "old school" and have been working with binary and hex since the early '80s so it's more in my comfort zone. I have even done some programming in machine code, if you remember what that was like, so hex files are like looking up an old friend.

I have spent countless hours playing the game, climbing to nearly level 80 trudging through each area, several times, killing everything in sight and spending weeks waiting for those creatures needed to respawn in order to get legendary items. I was one of those that lost a character that I had spent weeks on when my phone died. Now I have a program that saves my savegame file to my Drive area in order to keep the work that I have done up to date and recoverable.

Recently, I have been going into the savegame and trying different levels of Skills and seeing how each of these impacts regular game play when they are made available. I have no real experience, except for a few, on how these changes will affect the character within the game environment and I enjoy seeing the cumulative effect these choices have on my game play.

I have just as much fun doing this, as much or more than the game play itself, and don't plan on changing what I am doing. I don't "cheat" to exaggerate my stats and if I do report something I will expressly say that the savegame mentioned is one that has been edited, or "hacked", for lack of a better word. I played around with editing different sections, breaking the game, until I was able to find the proper areas to edit, and even finding out how to change items to ones that are more desirable.
Name: Grawmpy
Level: 42, Total XP: 1317231, XP: 7076 HP: 110, AD: 41-56, AP: 4, ECC: 31%, CM: 4.5, BC: 100, DR: 4 Gold: 365320 | RoLS: 2, RoL: 1 :evil:
rijackson741

Post by rijackson741 »

100% agree with you. As long as you report what you are doing so that others are not mislead in some way, there is no "cheating". You can do whatever you want. I actually enjoy developing the game more than I enjoy playing it. When I play new content you could say I'm cheating. After all, I know exactly what I have to do, what my options are, and what the possible outcomes are. I wrote some of it :roll: . So my level 69 build is not an entirely fair one. I have a VSH because I knew how to get it without having to grind. I knew how to get the RoFLS too :oops:
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Osho
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by Osho »

Can anyone private message me (or share hints here) on the exact steps to increase XP using hex editor?
draze

Post by draze »

Sad. My sent PM is in my "Outbox" instead of in my "Sent Messages". :( So lem'me put it in here.

But just like what alquimista said,
alquimista wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:07 am
The spoiler below really is a spoiler for people with hex editors and a penchant for fiddling with numbers. So don't click on show, unless you really are interested in how the game works, or just plain have fun editing hex files (like me).

A BIG SPOILER:
From the very first start of a new game:

|?-?-?-4(?)|?-?-?-2(?)|
|?-?-?-4(?)|exp-exp-exp-exp|
|[EXP per digit(s)]8-5-3-0|0-0-0-NumberOfItemsInInventory-0|
|c-l-u-b-1|0-0-0-1|
|s-h-i-r-t-1|0-0-0-1|
|r-i-n-g_m-i-k-h-a-i-l|0-0-0-1|
|a-p-p-l-e|g-r-e-e-n|0-0-0-2|
|0-0-0-GOLD|0-0-0-9(?)|
|-12 0's-03(?)-0-0-0|(UseItemCost)8-5-3-0|
|(Re-EquipCost)8-5-3-0|-5 0's-|
|h-o-m-e-r-e-s-t|