Edit saved game files ??

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
CUCHULAINN3
android_version: 8.1 - Oreo

Re: Edit saved game files ??

Post by CUCHULAINN3 »

CKork wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:17 pm
Hmmm. What you did with the edit i did with grind.
I earned all the extraordinaries and legendaries, twice if you can put em on two times.
Then I grinded all my way up to lvl 80 exp, without using the lvl up button (char is lvl 35 with a bit pumped dmg and attack chance). Only quests completed to access the areas I needed to go for the items.

Now I can start over with different things, try builds and quest choices without grinding any more :-) and totally legit! (Feels much better and prevails brag rights :-) )
rijackson741 wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:42 am
. Forking that by changing the character name is even easier than what you describe.
Now that is something I could definitely use. It`s hard to tell all the Andor`s Bros apart. Look same, got the same name..
If I could edit the names, that would help me alot. Can you PM me how to do it? Wouldn`t be cheating, right?

Best option would be though, if you could just buy a namechange in game somewhere :-) or a unique `title` that goes before or after your name (title of your chosing).
That way it would stay fully legit :mrgreen:
Change name isn't cheating.
This is simple.
Get a hex editor.
Back up the file you wish to change.
Open the hex editor and chose the saved file
Click the saved file
Once it opens notice the first line will be your name, just change it how you desire
Next go down a good ways on your saved file and find your name again
Repeat what you did on the first line and click save
Now close the app and open andors trail and click the file you updated. The name should have changed
LV ~93 HP~142. GOLD~300,000 AP~12 AC~234 BC~166 AD~79-92 Critical hit skill~14
DR~5 SKILLS W/A~2 H/H~2 Dodge~4
C/S~2 Q/L~1 Cleave~2 C/E~3 I/F~1 Regen~1
MF~5
Used no substance to heal

mainmap
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by mainmap »

So long as you don't change the length of the name, name change via file edit is very easy. Just find the name in both spots it exists in the file and overwrite it.

Re:
Now I can start over with different things, try builds and quest choices without grinding any more :-) and totally legit! (Feels much better and prevails brag rights :-) )
I'll respect that as legit. But game play is something I want to be fun, and my idea of fun is more "explore edge cases" than "kill another 10k monsters again". Everyone is allowed to have their own idea of fun.

So for anyone interested here's my "cheatz" character: https://qaz.wtf/andor/cheatz

CUCHULAINN3
android_version: 8.1 - Oreo

Post by CUCHULAINN3 »

mainmap wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:27 pm
So long as you don't change the length of the name, name change via file edit is very easy. Just find the name in both spots it exists in the file and overwrite it.

Re:
I'll respect that as legit. But game play is something I want to be fun, and my idea of fun is more "explore edge cases" than "kill another 10k monsters again". Everyone is allowed to have their own idea of fun.

So for anyone interested here's my "cheatz" character: https://qaz.wtf/andor/cheatz
You can change the length of it.make it smaller or larger. But no larger then the game allows
LV ~93 HP~142. GOLD~300,000 AP~12 AC~234 BC~166 AD~79-92 Critical hit skill~14
DR~5 SKILLS W/A~2 H/H~2 Dodge~4
C/S~2 Q/L~1 Cleave~2 C/E~3 I/F~1 Regen~1
MF~5
Used no substance to heal

CKork
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by CKork »

Agree. Fun is all that matters.
It's single player, so no harm of any kind to others.

My current fun (frustration) challenge is a permadeath monk. Lvl 40 now and grinding for RolS. Not even save/reload is possible. It's fully ild fashioned grinding without any shortcuts.
I hope this one does not die right after finding a RolS (like my previous one...lol).
Excitement and frustration sooo close together.
Andor's "Vanilla" Bro
:ElyR x1:RolS x2:RoflS x1:RoL x2:HoF x1:ChaR x2:GoLF x1:ShaF x2:SRoV x1:VSH x3:WMC x1:GoW x2:BD x1:HS x2:
LVL 35 (+24 dmg, 2x IF, next to no quests & unique bosses, xp saved 2get2 lvl 80 straight)