Edit saved game files ??

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
kabbie1882

Re: Edit saved game files ??

Post by kabbie1882 »

Not the point of my original post but here is a VALID reason to edit saved game files is ......

Change the players name

Not that it is the best reason to edit the files but it is a valid and non-cheating thing that could be done.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My original reason for asking was to try out different scenarios and see what happened for example ....

1--
10 HP
400% Attack chance
400% Block chance

2--
400Hp
10% Attack chance
400% Block chance

3--
400Hp
400% Attack chance
10% Block chance

I really intended to use edited saved game files for testing what stats to needed to be higher first. I did not plan to use them in normal play. It is to much fun already. I do like to try new things.
Ha Ha, Made you look.
Hecubah

Post by Hecubah »

Is it possible for me to give myself gutherbeards ring? i lost it and cant complete the new quest. I have killed gutherbeard and everything so it wouldnt be really cheating
sleepyghost

Post by sleepyghost »

Well, I've done it. Managed to change my bonemeal potion quantity to 255, among other things. It's actually quite easy. I'm thinking about possibly writing a 'trainer' app to edit right from the device. Oh, the possibilities.
------------------
Thats actually quite do-able as well. Im hesitant to share the details, as I dont want sam jackson over there to start crying.

I did manage to change my character name from 'lamesauce' to 'cheaterlol11!!1one'

Your welcome to PM me, and I'll share what I've found thus far..

kabbie1882 wrote:Not the point of my original post but here is a VALID reason to edit saved game files is ......

Change the players name

Not that it is the best reason to edit the files but it is a valid and non-cheating thing that could be done.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My original reason for asking was to try out different scenarios and see what happened for example ....

1--
10 HP
400% Attack chance
400% Block chance

2--
400Hp
10% Attack chance
400% Block chance

3--
400Hp
400% Attack chance
10% Block chance

I really intended to use edited saved game files for testing what stats to needed to be higher first. I did not plan to use them in normal play. It is to much fun already. I do like to try new things.

-----------------
Hecubah wrote:Is it possible for me to give myself gutherbeards ring? i lost it and cant complete the new quest. I have killed gutherbeard and everything so it wouldnt be really cheating

You need to either unpack the save files, edit them or edit the droplist and add the ring to a mob of choice, compile and install it. I think its easier to edit the source code, but thats just me.

I know some people are concerned about highscore list, but I think they already added some cheaters to it.;)
I wont add my chars to it because I have edited some of the items they use to try different scenarios, like those mentioned above, along with other stuff.
--------------------------
I am still experimenting with inserting items into my inventory that I never had to begin with. Changing quantities is quite easy, but little progress on that. I would like to edit myself a pair of RoLS, for sure.

Hecubah wrote:Is it possible for me to give myself gutherbeards ring? i lost it and cant complete the new quest. I have killed gutherbeard and everything so it wouldnt be really cheating
Last edited by nyktos on Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:29 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: multiple posts consolidated
allanon

Post by allanon »

not trying to ruffle any feathers but surely people need to be careful if they're going to start hacking the game and altering their stats. At this rate, they could just give themselves 1 Billion XP and go top of the High score table.
It does render the High Scores (which is quite a fun way of tracking how you're progressing) meaningless.
I hope the Developers can come up with a way to protect the integrity of the game from people modifying saved games, no matter how innocent the reason may be.
We might all like to try out different ideas in the game, but shouldnt that require creating a FRESH character and starting again? Thats how RPGs are supposed to work. Not just instant God-like characters.
No offense intended to those with innocent reasons for posing this topic.
Level: 42, XP: 1311277, Gold: 92789, RoLS: 1
HP: 50, AC: 225%, AD: 23-28, AC: 3, CC: 15%, CM: 2, BC: 40%, DR:-
sleepyghost

Post by sleepyghost »

I agree. I think that 'highscores' list has already been compromised. Wasn't there a few exploitable bugs related to leveling up anyway?
Chest_Rockfield
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread
Location: Impeached former President of the Too cool for a RoLS Club. ;)

Post by Chest_Rockfield »

sleepyghost wrote:Well, I've done it. Managed to change my bonemeal potion quantity to 255, among other things. It's actually quite easy. I'm thinking about possibly writing a 'trainer' app to edit right from the device. Oh, the possibilities.
I find this kinda funny. You edited to get 255, but I straight up bought 1400. If you were going to edit them in, why not just give yourself 10k?

------------------
sleepyghost wrote:I agree. I think that 'highscores' list has already been compromised. Wasn't there a few exploitable bugs related to leveling up anyway?
How is killing monsters cheating, or is there some glitch I don't know about?
Last edited by nyktos on Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: double post condensed
Lvl: 162, XP: 77,249,000, Gold: 2,508,000 RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 18, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 2
HP: 517, AC: 333%, AD: 60-61, AP: 3, CC: 90%, CM: 3, BC: 218%, DR: 0, BMP: 4k+
Samuel
VIP
android_version: 2.2

Post by Samuel »

Chest_Rockfield wrote:
sleepyghost wrote:I agree. I think that 'highscores' list has already been compromised. Wasn't there a few exploitable bugs related to leveling up anyway?
How is killing monsters cheating, or is there some glitch I don't know about?
AFAIK there were no such exploits available. There was something that you could level up twice, but that resulted in a level up skip.

The 'highscores' list depends on trust. Anyone could enter much higher values than he actually has. :roll:
There is a matter of honor not to do that.

However I would ban anyone permanently from this list who is apparently cheating. :D (to the best of my knowledge)
IMO we currently have 0 cheaters on the list. :D :D :D
Level: 101, XP: 18780586, Gold: 358739
HP: 398, AC: 303%, AD: 84-95, AP: 4, ECC: 12, CM: -, BC: 13%, DR: 0
RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 2, VSH: 1, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
sleepyghost

Post by sleepyghost »

Oh no. Not the ban hammer.
Chest_Rockfield
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread
Location: Impeached former President of the Too cool for a RoLS Club. ;)

Post by Chest_Rockfield »

Quick question: Is being completely addicted to the game and playing it all day while I should be working considered cheating?
Last edited by nyktos on Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: profane reference removed
Lvl: 162, XP: 77,249,000, Gold: 2,508,000 RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 18, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 2
HP: 517, AC: 333%, AD: 60-61, AP: 3, CC: 90%, CM: 3, BC: 218%, DR: 0, BMP: 4k+
pelligrini

Post by pelligrini »

Chest_Rockfield wrote:Quick question: Is being completely f*ing addicted to the game and playing it all day while I should be working considered cheating?
Not here, that's just normal...
Lvl: 95, XP: 15472157, Gold: 741302, RoLS: 1, ElyR: 1 , RoL 1, ChaR 4, GoLF 1, ShaF 1, SRoV 2, VSH 1
HP: 136, AC: 278%, AD: 42-46, AP: 3, CS: 76 CM: 5.25, CC:33%, BC: 130%, DR: 1, UPD: 2012/7/18