v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Edit saved game files ??

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
nicfer
android_version: 5.0

Re: Edit saved game files ??

Post by nicfer »

I'd like to edit a secondary savefile just for fun, mainly to add skillpoints in MF and QL. And maybe more...
Beware of my bad grammer!

Main character Nicferatus II:

Lvl: 35, XP: 768414, Gold: 41437, RoLS: 1, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 0, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 0, SRoV: 0, VSH: 0, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
HP: 82, AC: 253%, AD: 24-32, AP: 2, ECC: -%, CM: -, BC: 38%, DR: 7
merrill77
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by merrill77 »

Pyrizzle wrote:I'm not sure if it is possible to go backwards in a storyline.

As far as i know no one has ever edited a savefile just to go backwards on a quest.
I introduced AT to my 9yo sons a while back and one of them really likes it. He's up to level 30, but today he made a mistake - accidentally told both Guthbered and Harlenn that he won't help them. That was not his intention - it was a simple mis-tap. Now he's pretty bummed out. Choosing to not help either kinda kills that part of the game.

I told him I'd do some research to see if I could find a way to fix it. I've only got a few years left of my son believing I'm a superhero. Can anyone point me at what I should be looking for in the save file? I'm a software guy, so I could probably go read the source code, but was hoping that someone could point me in the right direction.

TIA!
Chris
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

merrill77 wrote:
Pyrizzle wrote:I'm not sure if it is possible to go backwards in a storyline.

As far as i know no one has ever edited a savefile just to go backwards on a quest.
I introduced AT to my 9yo sons a while back and one of them really likes it. He's up to level 30, but today he made a mistake - accidentally told both Guthbered and Harlenn that he won't help them. That was not his intention - it was a simple mis-tap. Now he's pretty bummed out. Choosing to not help either kinda kills that part of the game.

I told him I'd do some research to see if I could find a way to fix it. I've only got a few years left of my son believing I'm a superhero. Can anyone point me at what I should be looking for in the save file? I'm a software guy, so I could probably go read the source code, but was hoping that someone could point me in the right direction.

TIA!
Chris
I feel sorry about this.. I cannot help with code but if you like i can send some of my level 30&50 builds savegamefiles to you. Just PM your email.
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
PK17
android_version: 4.0

Post by PK17 »

Chris, the only thing I could think of is to try and see if there is a back-up of a previous save. Code-wise I am pretty clueless.
Take a stop by my game thread for some forum fun!!!

http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4577
Antlan
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by Antlan »

Actually, if anyone has a savegame file with earlier stages of Clouded Intent quest (prim_hunt), I may be able to figure out how to go backwards.
Alternatively, a few pointers on how to add xp/levels/skills and I will make a blank char. That way I could start both quests and advance them to a point i need.
Antlan

Post by Antlan »

I get a feeling not too many people read this forum :-S
fiernaq

Post by fiernaq »

Heh, more like not too many people feel like editing save game files. I could do it but I have no reason to. Not even the legendary items are worth the trouble. And besides, if I did that then I couldn't in good faith put myself forward for the high score list. So yes, people read this forum but have fun finding someone who both knows how to edit save game files and who wants to do so or to help someone else do so.
Level: 58, HP: 102, AC: 295%, AD: 46-56, AP: 2/12, BC: 35%, DR: 4
Gold: 75235 | RoLS: 0 RoL: 0 SRoV: 0 VSH: 0
Skills: IF1, Ev1, Ev2, Ev3, CE1, CS1, CS2, Re1, WA1, HH1, Cl1, HH2, DaggerPro1, LightArmorPro1, ShieldPro1, WA2, Cl2
Equipment: Enhanced Combat Helmet, Serpent's Hauberk, Marrowtaint, Quickstrike Dagger, Remgard Shield, Villain's Ring, Villain's Ring, Leather Gloves Of Attack, Enhanced Combat Boots
Last Updated: 02-Dec-2013
ionsedfisheads
android_version: 2.1 - Eclair

Post by ionsedfisheads »

Only reason I'd edit the save file would be to change the character name. But that's because my attention span is shorter than a gerbil's...
I mock you with my monkey pants!
Also, I liek caek. No, it's not a lie... Maroon. -_-

Shoji
LVL 61 XP 4132831 Gold 26875 HP 149 AC 265 AD 47-64 AP 3 ECC 14 CM 2.0 BC 110 DR 5
RoLS 0 ElyR 0 RoL 0 ChaR 2 GoLF 0 SRoV 0 VSH 0 WMC 0 GoW 2
Zukero
Lead Developer
android_version: 8.0

Post by Zukero »

Actually this is something I considered.
I didn't consider editing my saves, but coding an editor to do so : "Andor's Trainer".
I have a quite precise idea of what I want it to do, and how to do it, I just don't have the time.
I discussed it with Oskar, and while he seemed not too excited by it, he said, more or less, "I don't care, but I would prefer resources to use time to improve the game itself".
So, I may develop it someday, if I have no idea about what to code for AT itself, yet have time to fire up eclipse (editor to create android apps FYI). If I do, I'll post the app's APK on the forums before eventually releasing it to Google Play.
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2
sdevaney
Site Admin
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by sdevaney »

Antlan wrote:I get a feeling not too many people read this forum :-S
I get the feeling you didn't even read this thread because the answer to your question is in here. You just need a hex editor and some time to figure out the correct edits to make. I will even give you a hint, it's on one of the first 7 pages.