Edit saved game files ??

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
seaturtle
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Re: Edit saved game files ??

Post by seaturtle »

Absolutely. I already feel a little weird about it, truth be told :roll:

Having access to millions of bonemeal basically means infinite HP & GP, thereby substantially reducing the peril and the thrifty aspects of gameplay.

**Addendum**

Found a way to test things out without completely ruining the gaming experience.

You can give your self billions of xp and level up as much as you need to (putting your level bonus into health, because it's one of the easiest stats to edit back down).
Put however many points (I'm going with 100) into Magic Finder or whatever you want to play with.

Then, simply edit your character back down to lvl 1 w/starting stats. Proceed to play as "normal," just with 100 MF.
seaturtle
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Re: Edit saved game files ??

Post by seaturtle »

Update, then I'll drop this subject and move on to legitimate constructive things...

I actually found the location of Magic Finder specifically. It *is* in fact possible. No need to spend clicking lvl up now. :)

Gonna boost it to 1000 and see what happens in the gargoyle caves.

To think...it only cost me an entire day of my life clicking around on a hex editor. :oops:
Gonna do so much real life stuff tomorrow.

**EDIT**

It is mighty tricky to find MF on a fresh character, as Zukero suggested. Seems a hybrid method is needed.