v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Gear List (V7 Added)

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
Minos027
android_version: 2.1 - Eclair

Re: Gear List

Post by Minos027 »

All except three points, lol. I pushed the wrong button and saved on accident. Oh well.
LVL:28 AC:192 AD:23-24 CC:57 CM:4.75 BC:39 HP:41 equipped: leather cap, villians leather, jewell of fallhaven, superior wood shield, vacors boots, troublemakers gloves, DotSP, and 2x polished backstabbing.
Do not judge based on ignorance.
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

Minos027 wrote:All except three points, lol. I pushed the wrong button and saved on accident. Oh well.
:lol: Oops, guess it can't hurt really. Nyktos and I have made it all over the game with only BC stats from items with not too much trouble (See the Lvl 1 challange for more info).

I think my bc is somewhere around 47 or so... its not very high at all, but i can get around still.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chest_Rockfield
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread
Location: Impeached former President of the Too cool for a RoLS Club. ;)

Post by Chest_Rockfield »

Minos027 wrote:As promised, updated stats...and yes I kinda let blocking slide, but when the enemy dies within two swings, what's the point? :twisted:
We have almost the exact same build except for the shield. I'm rocking the Strong Wooden Tower Shield.
Lvl: 162, XP: 77,249,000, Gold: 2,508,000 RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 18, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 2
HP: 517, AC: 333%, AD: 60-61, AP: 3, CC: 90%, CM: 3, BC: 218%, DR: 0, BMP: 4k+
Minos027
android_version: 2.1 - Eclair

Post by Minos027 »

Chest_Rockfield wrote:
Minos027 wrote:As promised, updated stats...and yes I kinda let blocking slide, but when the enemy dies within two swings, what's the point? :twisted:
We have almost the exact same build except for the shield. I'm rocking the Strong Wooden Tower Shield.
Don't kid yourself, I will upgrade but I want to get my AC to an even 200 with the strong tower so it'd have to be like 210 but still, I think you get the point... Then I will upgrade everything else to higher grades with BC being the last on the list.
LVL:28 AC:192 AD:23-24 CC:57 CM:4.75 BC:39 HP:41 equipped: leather cap, villians leather, jewell of fallhaven, superior wood shield, vacors boots, troublemakers gloves, DotSP, and 2x polished backstabbing.
Do not judge based on ignorance.
Cyracus

Post by Cyracus »

So I'm wondering what people would consider the "best" equipment set. I have Ordinary leather cap, villain's leather armour, jewel of fallhaven, strong wooden tower shield, 2X polished ring of backstabbing, troublemaker's gloves, flagstone's pride & woodcutter's boots. Gonna upgrade to defender's boots, dagger of the shadow priests and hopefully 2 rols once I can. It gives me a net +65 ac, +59 bc, +39 cc, +3hp (pitiable)and +9-16 ad. This is with the upgrades.

Alternatively there's the blacwater alternative where you have much higher bc, you can raise bc by 111 points at most by my count, but only 99 if you use the fallhaven pendant to counter blackwater misery. Call it an effective +80 to account for using alternative equipment to boost ac.

I only look for 235 ac as that gives me at least an 80% chance to hit on any monster in game, then bc and ad to supplement my character for attack and defense, but thats going into my build scheme so ot.

Just interested in other peoples views on best equipment set. And there's a reason for all my equipment choices if anyone cares to ask.
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

not only does the build of your character influence what gear is most effective,
but some of us also carry a few things to swap out when the need arises...
so different situations and scenarios are going to alter what is considered "best"

almost every build i've made has been equipped differently, save for weapons.
from early-game to late ~ sharp steel dagger-> flagstones pride-> DoSP

experimenting can be fun!
:twisted:
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
Cyracus

Post by Cyracus »

I only carry one set of equipment. What i'm using, except at low levels when I still use the protector amulet with 2 damage resistance and the hardened leather shirt giving me 3 damage resistance so I don't have to worry about wild boars or rabid foxes (got me through flagstone) then I only keep one of a kinds at home and the equipment I use.
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

excellent gear strategy,
especially with any skills in bark skin...
very tankish :D

with that gear set (DR) i also took regen & c. eater (plus a RoLS)
very low potion consumption :D

the jewel of fallhaven is not the only way to be efficient!
although, if i could only have one build - i would choose the jewel! :lol:
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
Chest_Rockfield
Location: Impeached former President of the Too cool for a RoLS Club. ;)

Post by Chest_Rockfield »

nyktos wrote: although, if i could only have one build - i would choose the jewel! :lol:
Ha ha ha. Well, that does say a lot...
Lvl: 162, XP: 77,249,000, Gold: 2,508,000 RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 18, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 2
HP: 517, AC: 333%, AD: 60-61, AP: 3, CC: 90%, CM: 3, BC: 218%, DR: 0, BMP: 4k+
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

nyktos wrote:excellent gear strategy,
especially with any skills in bark skin...
very tankish :D

with that gear set (DR) i also took regen & c. eater (plus a RoLS)
very low potion consumption :D

the jewel of fallhaven is not the only way to be efficient!
although, if i could only have one build - i would choose the jewel! :lol:
IDK, IMHO everytime i build a new player i keep telling myself i am going to try to find an equipment set up that wont use the Jewel of Fallhaven but it is just too usefull with its -1ap to pass up (but i do admit the 2dr amulet is a close second for my favorite amulet).

I wish there was more amulets to choose from to make it harder to pick.
There is ones for DR, AC, BC, & AP; but there are nothing for other cool abilites such as:
Amulet of Regeneration, Corpse Eater, Evasion, Magic Finder, or any other skill you may want a quick bonus for (to name just a few)

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!