v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Level One Challenge

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Re: Level One Challenge

Post by Antison »

one "problem" I see with this plan is that each and every character branched off of this template will have the same name. Which is really hard to manage from the load screen.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Tomcat
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Post by Tomcat »

A hex editor could fix that, if you keep all the names to the same number of characters
Norbert
Lvl:52 XP:2597576 AP:12 HP:124 AC:282 AD:30-42 CHS:27 CM:2.0 ECC:18% BC:132 DR:2
Skills: CS:2 IF:2 Ev:3 Rg:1 DgPro:1 1HPro:2 LtAPro:2 FS-DW:2 Sp-DW:1
Equip: FP BSS JoF RoP PRoB SrpHbk GoLF EnhCH EnhCB
Other: DotSP VD GoW FB TG RoD+6 Oegyth:6
Kashim
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by Kashim »

I was tempted to make a template that completed some quests but decided that might lead to me having to do it again if I ever wanted to change certain things.
My problem with leveling him up at all is that the level up choices then get locked, and I can't change those early choices. When I did my brutal clubs build, I had to start a whole new character instead of using my existing template because the brutal clubs build put very few points into AD, and focused AC instead, where a QSD build takes all of the AD you can get.
Also, I am one of the strange people who says, "Regeneration is optional." And I've built several characters without it. It is definitely really handy, but if you have a RoLS, then it becomes not nearly as important.

When I thought about completing all of the quests that were "obviously" not picking sides, I couldn't think of exactly which ones those might be. The problem with a game in development is that I can't guarantee that any given thing will not change. For instance: Is getting the Key of Luthor a quest that factions you to the thieves' guild? Technically, it makes you a member, but it is part of the main plot line. I can't imagine the devs ever making that one count against you, unless they generate another way to do that part of the quest that doesn't require helping the thieves, but since I can imagine a different scenario that is less sided (Instead of becoming a member, you lead the guards to the thieves' hideout, get them all arrested, then interrogate the boss to get the information you need) I can't guarantee that the quest won't be changed.
I realized that I had to apply that logic to everything. Is it likely you'll mess around with the main quest? No. Is it possible? Yes. And I want to do this exactly once, and never again, no matter what changes the Devs make. Thus, even though finding the deadbeat husband might not be a big thing, since I've heard people talking about using him for something more (dealing with his bonemeal habit out there in the woods) I decided to just not ever risk it.

Yeah, I realized they'd all end up with the same name. I decided that was an OK sacrifice in order to never hunt for RoLSs again. That's also why I named him Flux: he's highly malleable :D
Update: Flux has decided to go to war against rabies. Many small rabid dogs have paid the price. He still sells the meat from the rabid dogs to the shops though. Man's gotta make a living, and they don't know the difference. He has acquired over 2200 gold from the nearly 300 small rabid dogs he has killed. Trying to get a Villain's ring first, since I really need some attack damage if I'm going to kill anything else.
I have too many characters to list them, so I'll just list my most important:
Template Flux
Lvl: 1 XP:56034
L&E: RoLS: 2 ElyR: 1 RoL: 2 BD: 1
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

Tomcat wrote: Wed May 10, 2017 4:27 pm A hex editor could fix that, if you keep all the names to the same number of characters
Yup. There are two occurrences of the name in the file. Ignore the first one, and change the second. The first one will change automatically next time the file is saved.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Tomcat
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Post by Tomcat »

Good to know
Norbert
Lvl:52 XP:2597576 AP:12 HP:124 AC:282 AD:30-42 CHS:27 CM:2.0 ECC:18% BC:132 DR:2
Skills: CS:2 IF:2 Ev:3 Rg:1 DgPro:1 1HPro:2 LtAPro:2 FS-DW:2 Sp-DW:1
Equip: FP BSS JoF RoP PRoB SrpHbk GoLF EnhCH EnhCB
Other: DotSP VD GoW FB TG RoD+6 Oegyth:6