The Shadow - your opinion: good or bad?

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
Poots80
android_version: 2.2

The Shadow - your opinion: good or bad?

Post by Poots80 »

When I started the game I assumed that the shadow was a good thing. But later as I come across items and creatures later in the game I've started to question it. Since the game isn't complete its just speculation right now, but what do you guys think? Maybe the guy who put the ban on the Bonemeal and hired the soldiers knows something and is trying to protect everyone. Also, do you think it is some kind of deity or "force" or something else? It would be interesting to see what everyone thinks.
Lvl: 40, XP: 1154222, Gold: 127979 , RoLS: 1, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 0
HP: 79, AC: 197%, AD: 17-21, AP: 3, CC: 51%, CM: 3, BC: 92%, DR: 0
Mave102
Location: Sifting through the piles of small rocks in my bag to see if I got a RoLS

Re: The Shadow - your opinion: good or bad?

Post by Mave102 »

I think that the Shadow is a good "force" similar to the real world beliefs in Christianity, Islam, and Judaism.

My character supports the Shadow (theres time to change that in the next update) and sees Lord Geomer as a tyrant who is causing much pain to the small farming villages (such as Crossglen). As for Vacor, he was just a power crazed lunatic and Unzel would rather stick to his belief in the Shadow than cross it.

On the other hand thieves are bad and they align themselves with the Shadow, as well as the very "friendly" town of Vilegard. As well as Nor City (the main place with the Shadow supporters?) being extremely beautiful and ornate. But these are probably all coincidences right? I mean its not like a belief in a greater power has ever brainwashed a society into giving all their money to the organization that represents said power so it could be squandered on lavishments right? Or convinced their blissfully ignorant followers into harming others and committing crimes in the name of the greater power? :lol:

But I'm not saying this game will follow the events of the middle ages, just that the idea of a corrupt society and radical beliefs will keep you guessing as to what happens next.
Which I feel is the simple outcome, you and Andor overthrow Lord Geomer and the Shadow rules over the land, forcing everyone to live happily ever after :)
Mike- Level 31 XP: 546997 AP: 4/12
HP: 72 AC: 193% AD: 13-22 CHC: 14% CM: 2x BC: 52% DR: 3
Gold: 65314 RoLS: 0
edferd
android_version: 4.0

Post by edferd »

i think this game is like a beginning to a holy war. the shadow is like their higher being and the king or lord opposes him and wants everyone to stop believing which can never happen. Which leads to the people who oppose him and wont listen so he sends the guards into those towns. Which will in turn start the war.
Lvl: 32, XP: 574831 Gold: 36965, RoLS: 1, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 0, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 0
HP: 92, AC: 154%, AD: 14-25, AP: 4, CC: 17%, CM: 2, BC: 85%, DR: 2
phydeaux
VIP
android_version: 5.1 - Lolipop
Location: Gargoyle cavern, blindly hacking mobs to pieces till I find a rols!

Post by phydeaux »

And at this time in the game, the supporters of the shadow are fighting through sabotage in an attempt to slow the progress against them while their main rebel force gains support and training to overthrow the tyranny of Lord Geomyr :)
der_Hosenwyrm
android_version: 2.0

Post by der_Hosenwyrm »

The Shadow is a force of evil, used by the vile rodents of Nor City to defile the glory of Feygard :D

Elythara bless! ;)
Prometheus
Lvl:97, XP:16504704, Gold:725579,
RoLS:1, ElyR:0, RoL:0, ChaR:2, GoLF:1, ShaF:0,
HP:211, AC:255%, AD:49-55, AP:2/12, CC:-4%, CM:-, BC:165%, DR:0
Mino
VIP
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by Mino »

I think its either neutral or even "good", but gets a bad rap because some of its more zealous followers are evil or do evil things in its name, so I guess no different than any real world religion.
Lvl: 206 XP: 159262572, Gold: 1657119, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 2, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 6, SRoV: 1, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 241, AP: 3, AC: 562%, AD: 116-130, CM: 3.0, ECC: 38%, BC: 139%, DR: 3

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18

Post by 805 »

If the Shadow turns out to be good ..
Everyone who sided against it will end up screwed!
Just like any real life situation?
:oops:
Last edited by nyktos on Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Family friendly forum, profanity isn't be tolerated.
Wyrmspawn
android_version: 3.0

Post by Wyrmspawn »

The Shadow is a chaotic god, as proven by the Iqhan (they infllict chaotic stuff on you). So, it depends on which side you're on. Here's a list of what I think people think of the Shadow:
Feygard: The Shadow may be a god, but we should not bow down to chaos. Order and law are more important.
Kazaul: There are no gods, or goddesses. This is the world of humans. Destroy those foolish monuments called temples.
Elythara: The Shadow is chaotic and will curse us with chaos. I will not allow my people to be ruled by chaos.
Nor City: The Shadow is the most powerful god, and we must treat him as such. We care not for the so-called laws of people who come to conquer our beliefs!
Thieves guild: What is the world but a series of oppurtunities? We thieves operate best in shadow and chaos. A war would be perfect cover for our less legitimate actions. If a war cannot be caused, well, the Shadow will still bring chaos to the land, right?
Hey guys, I'm back.
hollyamberlamb
android_version: 1.6 - Donut

Post by hollyamberlamb »

At this time I follow the shadow, for it is working at this time but I am still at a lower
Level than a lot of other players I just made it to 44 and am at remgard.
hollyamberlamb
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

the shadow is always there,

no matter what time of day it is...

:twisted:
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]