v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

taunt skill

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
pokerjunky
android_version: 3.1 - Honeycomb

taunt skill

Post by pokerjunky »

taunt has really captured my attention for a new build i am considering. high BC would mean a lot of misses, it shouldn't take long before the enemy won't even be able to fight back.

has anyone gone for this? what was your experience like?
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Re: taunt skill

Post by nyktos »

it's a great skill, and it will become more useful as time goes on...

[as we get closer to the finished product]

tough battles are ahead...
not just longer battles, but more complicated ones.

[involving Actor Conditions & the like...]

where you are planning on rounds to pass as food, potions & conditions take effect.
and adjusting your play style accordingly...

so, yes... it is a great skill.
especially when you start looking forward to the end of a round (Corpse Eater?)

great question! ( +1 )
it's all about matching up your skills, level ups & gear.

(it was hard to spend 4 points in Dodge, but i HAD to know)

:lol:
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
pokerjunky

Post by pokerjunky »

now it definitely has my attention! i'm excited to integrate it into my next build plan.
this i don't understand. corpse eater gives you one point of healing for each kill correct? regeneration seems way more useful but people seem enthusiastic about corpse eater. what am i missing?
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

pokerjunky wrote:now it definitely has my attention! i'm excited to integrate it into my next build plan.
this i don't understand. corpse eater gives you one point of healing for each kill correct? regeneration seems way more useful but people seem enthusiastic about corpse eater. what am i missing?
People like CE because of the instant gratification when compared to the Regeneration's waiting around for 6 rounds. I personally prefer Regeneration over Corpse Eater.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

I only mentioned Corpse Eater because killing an enemy - in some cases - ends a round.

And in those cases, the end of a round will help benefit the player if they are properly prepared.

(more so in future versions)
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
pokerjunky

Post by pokerjunky »

tek wrote:People like CE because of the instant gratification when compared to the Regeneration's waiting around for 6 rounds. I personally prefer Regeneration over Corpse Eater.
ripping my fallen enemy's still-beating heart out of his chest and feasting on it does have a certain appeal :D

nyktos wrote: I only mentioned Corpse Eater because killing an enemy - in some cases - ends a round.

And in those cases, the end of a round will help benefit the player if they are properly prepared.

(more so in future versions)
gotcha. there is definitely some nuance to how these skills complement each other that will take time to tease out.
thanks for the input! i can't wait to see how taunt plays out
fiernaq
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by fiernaq »

People like CE because when you overpower an area you can kill 10 mobs in 20 seconds giving 10 HP instead of the 1 or 2 HP you'll get from regen in that same amount of time (due to regen not being active during combat). I'm quite sure that the planned changes will reverse the importance of these two abilities and you will quickly see regen going back to the preferred skill.

Currently, if I have low health I just go find an area with lots of easy to kill mobs and sweep through it real quick. By the end I have full health again plus I gained some XP and items/gold.
Level: 58, HP: 102, AC: 295%, AD: 46-56, AP: 2/12, BC: 35%, DR: 4
Gold: 75235 | RoLS: 0 RoL: 0 SRoV: 0 VSH: 0
Skills: IF1, Ev1, Ev2, Ev3, CE1, CS1, CS2, Re1, WA1, HH1, Cl1, HH2, DaggerPro1, LightArmorPro1, ShieldPro1, WA2, Cl2
Equipment: Enhanced Combat Helmet, Serpent's Hauberk, Marrowtaint, Quickstrike Dagger, Remgard Shield, Villain's Ring, Villain's Ring, Leather Gloves Of Attack, Enhanced Combat Boots
Last Updated: 02-Dec-2013
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

fiernaq wrote:People like CE because when you overpower an area you can kill 10 mobs in 20 seconds giving 10 HP instead of the 1 or 2 HP you'll get from regen in that same amount of time (due to regen not being active during combat). I'm quite sure that the planned changes will reverse the importance of these two abilities and you will quickly see regen going back to the preferred skill.

Currently, if I have low health I just go find an area with lots of easy to kill mobs and sweep through it real quick. By the end I have full health again plus I gained some XP and items/gold.
Yes, in cace of "Remgard hurdles" you need to kill something like 300 mobs = +300 HP if you have CR 1 or if you have Regeneration and you will like to make a new world record, you will got only something like +70HP.

...and I love the ideology of CR... :twisted:
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
Mino
VIP
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by Mino »

I always felt that Regeneration and Corpse Eater compliment each other very well. While wandering around, you regenerate, but since it currently doesn't work while in combat, you still gain an HP from the kill.

Regeneration is also good if you want to wait out a condition you've been inflicted with (Fatigue, Chaotic Grip, Stunned for example) while also healing up and maybe waiting for respawns. It might not be as good if you got hit by bleeding wounds, poison or the even deadlier Irdegh poison, unless you have multiple levels of Regen and/or Corpse Eater, but with too much of those conditions, even healing potions might not be enough.

Keeping on topic, Taunt seems like one of the few high level skills I would actually try to go for, at least for my new "base" build since I already have level 2 of Evasion (and plan to go for 3), and the Dodge Skill would be good since I so far haven't put any level ups into Block Chance. Besides, after all the conditions caused on us that lower AP, it'd be nice to return the favor :twisted:
Lvl: 206 XP: 159262572, Gold: 1657119, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 2, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 6, SRoV: 1, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 241, AP: 3, AC: 562%, AD: 116-130, CM: 3.0, ECC: 38%, BC: 139%, DR: 3

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

I agree with mino. Taunt is the high level skill that Tek wants. :D. But he still needs two levels of evasion.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"