v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

taunt skill

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Re: taunt skill

Post by Antison »

Antison wrote:
Antison wrote:12 more levels and that elusive Taunt skill will finally be mine and Antison (my defensive build's name) will be unstoppable. He will get his revenge in the spider cave and the dried-up lake bed. :twisted: :twisted:
4 more levels and its mine. :twisted:
Still at level 58. Still waiting for content update in order to continue the grind to level 60, but he's moved-in with Lodar in order to care for him in his later years.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Antison

Post by Antison »

Thanks to a "snow day" from work, I was able to grind-out the last 2 levels needed to attain the Taunt skill. The magic/excitement of it is greatly minimized due to not seeing it work. It does work, but you really have to be paying attention to the NPC's attacks. But it really is a cool skill to have for your defensive minded player. Reminds me of those hated early '90's Detroit Pistons. Great defense and a whole hell of a lot of trash talking.
Tomcat
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Post by Tomcat »

You should name your next hero Rick Mahorn...
Norbert
Lvl:52 XP:2597576 AP:12 HP:124 AC:282 AD:30-42 CHS:27 CM:2.0 ECC:18% BC:132 DR:2
Skills: CS:2 IF:2 Ev:3 Rg:1 DgPro:1 1HPro:2 LtAPro:2 FS-DW:2 Sp-DW:1
Equip: FP BSS JoF RoP PRoB SrpHbk GoLF EnhCH EnhCB
Other: DotSP VD GoW FB TG RoD+6 Oegyth:6
Zukero
Lead Developer
android_version: 8.0

Post by Zukero »

Topic split to: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5689
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2
Antison

Post by Antison »

I just got Taunt at level 32!
Skill at 5 - increased fortitude
@8, 12, 16, 20 - Dodge
@24, 28 - Evasion
32 - Taunt

Using the ELyR, so I don't plan to use Combat Speed.
Osho
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by Osho »

My experience with taunt skill had been underwhelming. It really hurts the challenge. Taunt feels substantially powerful in its current form. Makes the entire experience quite boring and the entire combat annoying due to opponents being interrupted too often for failing to attack the player. It becomes even more frustrating with BC so high that every attack of the opponents ends up failing to target the player.

The combat feels more like a real time with pause than a turn based one with constant misses from the opponents. It affects the flow of the combat to a single attack (or touch) from the player against the opponents unable to make a successful hit for a large number of rounds.

The only way to increase their chances is by reducing player's BC through changes in the gear with maximum negative BC after equipping them to somewhat make it challenging and fair.

Clearly, Taunt should be split in separate levels of %chances beginning from 10 to 15% without any other pre-conditions lof evasion or dodge to unlock it
Antison

Post by Antison »

Osho,

Whatever you say. Taunt is a great skill both in it's implementation and it's availability. It is virtually perfect. Not OP, yet it is a difference maker for the player
Soullessktty
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Post by Soullessktty »

I like taunt. It is a good balanced defensive skill. I think concussion is the one that is problematic.
Osho
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by Osho »

Antison wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:49 am Taunt is a great skill both in it's implementation and it's availability. It is virtually perfect. Not OP, yet it is a difference maker for the player
It is a great skill but to say that it's not overpowered (at 75% chance) is something really surprising to read!

Compared to Taunt, I always recommended a balanced approach in my ideas for changing certain skills and other aspects of the gameplay, yet always encountered opposition from anti-fun people because they found them overpowering.
Antison

Post by Antison »

It's not truly 75%. It's 75% of your successful blocks. It is not OP because BC is underpowered.