[Beta] Saving conformation message

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.

What do you think of the conformation message that pops up when saving?

I like it (keep it as is)
13%
I don't like it (remove it all together)
38%
I don't like it (Lets modify it to make it better)
50%
I really don't care
No votes

Total votes: 8

Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

[Beta] Saving conformation message

Post by Pyrizzle »

I have been noticing a few posts on the new conformation message that pops up when you save and am now wondering what you guys think of it.

((Please keep in mind that this has to do with the new beta version, not the current version available on the market))
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Re: [Beta] Saving conformation message

Post by Sarumar »

i just oversave by mistake....
.... lost something like 5 M exp.....
.... this is the first time when i suffered this kind of problem...

PLEASE, can we go back in 0.6.11 version thing
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

I prefer the way it was in 0.6.11. As long as it prompts you before overwriting a game file from another game (attempting to save 'B' over 'A'), which it currently does in 0.6.11. The change made in 0.6.12 is quite annoying.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
sdevaney
Site Admin

Post by sdevaney »

Can someone explain the issue? For me it just asks you if you are sure you want to save and I have to click OK or Cancel. I don't see how you could overwrite your game accidentally, it asks you to confirm your choice of save slot every time.

I am also don't find the pop up annoying but I only save when I am finished playing and don't do any of the "save strategies". I could see the people that use those types of strategies being annoyed by having to confirm their action every time but to me the safety factor outweighs the annoyance.

I guess going back to just checking for different usernames is fine but what about those people that play with the same name for multiple characters? Or saving the same character in multiple spots, this just gives some extra protection against accidental taps or tapping the wrong save slot.
Antison

Post by Antison »

I think it is just a classic case of the user is used to it being xxx way and now its changed. Plus I think they might be getting it confused with the warning message that was introduced in 0.6.11 when you attempt to save game 'A' over game 'B', again its maybe due to the unfamiliar factor.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
sdevaney
Site Admin

Post by sdevaney »

tek wrote:I think it is just a classic case of the user is used to it being xxx way and now its changed. Plus I think they might be getting it confused with the warning message that was introduced in 0.6.11 when you attempt to save game 'A' over game 'B', again its maybe due to the unfamiliar factor.
Ah thanks, I can see how that could be the case. Hopefully people will get used to it a bit more as they use it. Still we will discuss this save dialog in the meeting so keep the opinions coming.
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

The current pop up message:

"overwrite savegame?
This savegame contains a different player name (noob) than your current player name (noob). Are you sure you want to overwrite this savegame? "

((notice the names on the file are exactly the same))

Maybe instead we can change the text a bit,
"overwrite save file?" Yes or No
for saving over a file with the same name and use the one above for when you attempt to save over a file with a different name?

just throwing ideas out there?

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

sdevaney
Site Admin

Post by sdevaney »

That is exactly what comes up in v0.6.12b1. So.... :?
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

sdevaney wrote:Can someone explain the issue? For me it just asks you if you are sure you want to save and I have to click OK or Cancel. I don't see how you could overwrite your game accidentally, it asks you to confirm your choice of save slot every time.

I am also don't find the pop up annoying but I only save when I am finished playing and don't do any of the "save strategies". I could see the people that use those types of strategies being annoyed by having to confirm their action every time but to me the safety factor outweighs the annoyance.

I guess going back to just checking for different usernames is fine but what about those people that play with the same name for multiple characters? Or saving the same character in multiple spots, this just gives some extra protection against accidental taps or tapping the wrong save slot.

Current pop up message is useless. There are no new information, it only forsed me to double "klick". Old one was warning label.....
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
Samuel
VIP
android_version: 2.2

Post by Samuel »

Perhaps we should make it an option.
I also dislike the new behavior.
Level: 101, XP: 18780586, Gold: 358739
HP: 398, AC: 303%, AD: 84-95, AP: 4, ECC: 12, CM: -, BC: 13%, DR: 0
RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 2, VSH: 1, WMC: 0, GoW: 0