v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

most useful necklace

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.

Which of the following seems more useful to you?

Marrowtaint / Jewel Of Fallhaven
84%
Necklace of the Protector
6%
Necklace of Strike
No votes
Irogutu's necklace
3%
Others
8%

Total votes: 80

rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Re: most useful necklace

Post by rijackson741 »

Hello Cali Mori, and welcome to the forums.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Osho
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by Osho »

Superior necklace of the protector for BC and DR. It's a better investment over marrowtaint.
Undead necklace is equally great but the regeneration effect creates a bit of a lag, which results in a reduced performance with a slow frame rate. I had complained about it. The issue still persists.
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Osho wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:39 am Superior necklace of the protector for BC and DR. It's a better investment over marrowtaint.
This is laughable to say the least. Marrowtaint is hands down the best item in the game. Nevermind the best necklace.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Nut
android_version: 8.0

Post by Nut »

Perfect. When there are different opinions about which item is best, then we have achieved our goal to have it balanced 8-)
There should be no must-have item for every build.
Nut
Soullessktty
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Post by Soullessktty »

There are builds that don't need Morowtaint, or even JoF. Thus, as Osho said, the Superior necklace of protector will be more useful. In fact, Morrowtaint and JoF are useless in this build. How? Make a build that uses any weapon with 6 AP Cost, and get Combat Speed Lvl 2.
Antison

Post by Antison »

Yes, Soullessktty, that is true. I do have 1 build centrally focused on the necklace of the undead, another that uses it and the Great axe of shattered hope that switched to the necklace after it was introduced. All of my other builds use Marrowtaint. And that is about 13 builds.
Osho

Post by Osho »

Antison wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:47 am
Osho wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:39 am Superior necklace of the protector for BC and DR. It's a better investment over marrowtaint.
This is laughable to say the least. Marrowtaint is hands down the best item in the game. Nevermind the best necklace.
I didn't mean to say that superior necklace was the best but as an investment it was the most useful to me. The only time I use marrowtaint is when I want the benefit of AP.
Talvyen1

Post by Talvyen1 »

Ring of Lesser Shadow would like to have a word.
Halfor
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Post by Halfor »

Talvyen1 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:15 am
Ring of Lesser Shadow would like to have a word.
agree, Rols gives 1 hp healed every round, which is extremely strong that even overcome the skill "Regeneration" and makes health potion less important, saving tones of gold

also, it gives 25 ac and 4 base damage (already 9lv buff !), regardless providing some bc and critical skill

so Marrowtaint is not the "best", but can be "one of the best", as Rols and bonemeal potions are also strong items .

however, when talking about necklaces, Marrowtaint is regardless the best in late game (for builds with 3 or 4 base attack cost, like dagger and monk, if 5 or higher, necklace of the protector is better)

necklace of the protector may better in early game as it helps beginning character against the early monster with less hp consumed
Antison

Post by Antison »

Put it this way, would you rather have RoLS and JoF, or Marrowtaint and Ring of the Protector?

My answer is the latter. Especially considering the grind required to get a RoLS. 99.99% of the time you want one of these two necklaces as you want to reduce your AP attack cost. Now consider the additional attack and block chances that the Marrowtaint provides. As well as the HP.