A small blunder

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
Dreia

A small blunder

Post by Dreia »

Since this is my first post here I shall say hello to peoples, I've been watching this forum off and on for awhile now and thought I might try to contribute a few idea's and such. However I seem to have run into a slight blunder and fear the worst.

Last night in the mad rush of hot sales after a long day of grinding I somehow managed to sell my poisoned blade without realizing it (the one with the massive crit). Have I lost this weapon for good? is there any way of possibly getting hold of another copy?

If the answer is no I might suggest adding an "Are you sure" button to any unique items before being allowed to sell them, this would help prevent such accidents from occurring.

~D
~Level 33~
~HP: 65 ~ AP: 2 ~ AC: 143% ~ DMG: 23 ~ BC: 32% ~
Small Rocks: 1000 RoLS: 0
ScorpionZ

Re: A small blunder

Post by ScorpionZ »

If you had gone right away to the "buy" tab, you could have bought it back. If you left the merchant, it might still be there. If you have died or rested, it is gone.
Level: 49
XP: 2108290
Attack Cost: 3
Attack Chance: 166%
Attack Damage: 22-23
Critical Hit Chance: 25%
Critical Multiplier: 3
Block Chance: 92%
RoLS: 1
SR: 2945
Dreia

Post by Dreia »

So I'm stuck with the little quick strike sword then, there aren't many decent weapons on the regular market :'(

~D
~Level 33~
ScorpionZ

Post by ScorpionZ »

Why wasn't the sword in your hand? You cannot sell an item that you are equipped with.

For the remaining rare items, you should drop them off at home in the basket to prevent inadvertent sale until a confirmation option comes along.
Level: 49
XP: 2108290
Attack Cost: 3
Attack Chance: 166%
Attack Damage: 22-23
Critical Hit Chance: 25%
Critical Multiplier: 3
Block Chance: 92%
RoLS: 1
SR: 2945
Dreia

Post by Dreia »

I was not aware of this basket you speak of, and I was trying out the quick strike sword at the time to see how having 5 attacks compared with the 20% crit.

~D

EDIT: I am looking at all the weapons and doing a comparison I was thinking of posting some thoughts on balancing.
~Level 33~
Mino
VIP
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by Mino »

I'm sorry to welcome you to the "I wish I hadn't sold my venomous dagger" club. Any item sold remains in that seller's inventory for a limited period of time but if its gone, then its gone.

There's actually a topic about selling off that particular sword and wishing for a chance to get it back. You could replay the game from the beginning but I'm too far along to want to do that. The Pride of Flagstaff is the only other sword with critical hit that doesn't cost too much AP that I can think of.
Lvl: 206 XP: 159262572, Gold: 1657119, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 2, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 6, SRoV: 1, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 241, AP: 3, AC: 562%, AD: 116-130, CM: 3.0, ECC: 38%, BC: 139%, DR: 3

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18
Dreia

Post by Dreia »

Which I sold off a lonnnng time ago as I felt it wasn't that great at the time...can anyone provide the stats for that weapon?

~D
~Level 33~
lady black
android_version: 12 - Android 12

Post by lady black »

Hi to you, Dreia!
I'm sorry to hear you accidently sold your venomous dagger.
In case you have not found the "drop basket" in the first house, it is in the southeast corner. You "stand in" the basket, access your inventory, and press the item you want to leave in the basket. Keep pressing until a white box with at least Info and Drop as options appears and press Drop. The item will now remain safely stored until you come back to the basket and pick it up.
I went to my storage basket to check on the Pride of Flagstone for you. Its stats are: AP 4, AC 21%, AD 1-6, Crit 10%, Crit x 2.
I have also sold things that I did not intend to sell, and have decided to check out the list of things for sale every time before I leave the store. All the items you sold are now listed as being for sale and you can buy them back, at a higher price. Once you leave the store, it is too late. :(
LVL 108; XP 23,138,749; Gold 1,827,209; 4/23/12
HP 130; AP 4/12; AC 328; AD 55-66; CC 9; CM 0; BC 127; DR 2
RoLS 4; RoL 2; ElyR 4; ChaR 11; GoLF 4; ShaF 4
S Rgn, SP: 1:CE,Ev,SM,EB,PB; 2:WA,HH,Cl,BS,MC,BC,CS,QL,IF,Rgn,MF
ghrave

Post by ghrave »

Yeah, felt that pain myself. Learned about the basket through this thread! Maybe a slow spawn on bosses could be suggested, or a way to have all new types of items sold at a store save for resale so they don't disappear.
Level 19
Experience 121197
AP 3
Chance 144%
Damage 18-23
Crit chance 10%
Critic mult 2
Block chance 35%
RoLS 0
Rocks 201
tailings

Post by tailings »

EDIT:
Nevermind, I figured it out. "Press and hold" on an item and a white pop up box appears. Yeah, I'm thick.

"Keep pressing until a white box with at least Info and Drop as options appears and press Drop."

About how many times must I keep pressing? I've selected and closed the same item at least 30 times, and still no option to drop. When I select an item I'm given one or two choices: "Close" or "Equip and Close" or "Use and Close". Have yet to see any other option.

To be absolutely clear, I am standing in the basket, I have accessed my inventory and I have selected an item. This brings up a popup box with one or more options, (close, equip, etc). Not seeing 'Drop' as an option, I select 'Close' and reselect the item, etc. Please advise if this is not the correct way to 'keep pressing'.

A nice feature, but why is it so non intuitive to use? Most every other option/command in the game is pretty straightforward.

Cheers